Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bobby Hart Re-Signed
(03-11-2019, 06:37 PM)Whatever Wrote: He actually won't turn 25 until August.  That's really the only positive, that he's young and should improve.  How much remains to be seen.

It seems like the Bengals overpaid out of desperation due to the lack of T's on the roster.  Still, we need to see how it's structured, how much guaranteed money, how much is performance bonuses, etc.

Bobby Hart is an older, lazier version of Greg Little, who someone will regret drafting this year.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:37 PM)pally Wrote: Gotta wonder how this contract is actually structured.

Unless he sustains a 5 mil penalty for each turnstile block, it doesn’t justify any of this.

I lol at all you people who call many of us “negative nellies.”

That mentality is the only way anyone with a functioning brain can operate w/r/t the Bungles. I’ll bet a bunch of you still haven’t figured out hot stove is hot.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We all agree on this, right? That we overpaid?

Yikes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:54 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Zac Taylor must really HATE Andy Dalton.

The sooner Andy gets killed the sooner he can bring in Tannehill.  Duh.
Reply/Quote
So between Hart's deal, and Uzomah's deal can we please stop saying that the Bengals will never go out and lay out big money for FAs?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We all agree on this, right? That we overpaid?

Yikes.

Are fans upset because they wanted a stud FA that will likely cost 4 or 5 years at 14 million a year? He is a NFL starting RT who is young who hopefully gets better with experience. Didn't the 49ers just give away a starting RT in 2018 (Brown NE) who improved a ton in one year. He improved so much the Raiders gave him a ton of money.

It is what it is, we have both starting tackles back from 2018 now. 

If our fans were great talent evaluators, I would be concerned. But, look around, they are not.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Somewhere Marvin is smiling vindicated. Zac is set up to fail with a incompetent FO and Ownership. We ignored (excused) the coaching debacle, we can't this, it's looking like it's only going to get worse for the post Marvin era.

Oh...some of us saw this coming!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Are fans upset because they wanted a stud FA that will likely cost 4 or 5 years at 14 million a year? He is a NFL starting RT who is young who hopefully gets better with experience. Didn't the 49ers just give away a starting RT in 2018 (Brown NE) who improved a ton in one year. He improved so much the Raiders gave him a ton of money.

Yeah, and they were awful!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: Do you blame me? When the owner constantly goes the cheap route and refuses to build a winning culture. This just shows me that this team could care less about winning.

What.  How does OVERPAYING make Mike Brown CHEAP?

Seems like even our trolls are lame at their game.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: So between Hart's deal, and Uzomah's deal can we please stop saying that the Bengals will never go out and lay out big money for FAs?

AND we can finally admit that spending big on FA's is the reason we stink like Washington or the DREAM TEAM Eagles.  Just kidding, we'll be fine.  I have faith in the guy who hired the guy who is gaga for Hart.

(03-11-2019, 07:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: What.  How does OVERPAYING make Mike Brown CHEAP?

Seems like even our trolls are lame at their game.

True, this is more "stupid/lazy" than cheap.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot.

These guys have made a career of working with football players/  We just watch a few games and post on a message board.

The worst coach on the Bengals staff would embarrass you in a film session.

Look at the bright side Fred...down the road you can talk about how the Bengals picked up Hart off the scrap heap and developed him into a $7 million a year Tackle.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Are fans upset because they wanted a stud FA that will likely cost 4 or 5 years at 14 million a year? He is a NFL starting RT who is young who hopefully gets better with experience. Didn't the 49ers just give away a starting RT in 2018 (Brown NE) who improved a ton in one year. He improved so much the Raiders gave him a ton of money.

If our fans were great talent evaluators, I would be concerned. But, look around, they are not.

Please explain “it is what it is.” Your post rides on it. If “it” doesn’t have a spectacular associative meaning, then bad post is bad.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Look at the bright side Fred...down the road you can talk about how the Bengals picked up Hart off the scrap heap and developed him into a $7 million a year Tackle.

The post is funny, but it’s easier to exist here if you ignore that guy.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Look at the bright side Fred...down the road you can talk about how the Bengals picked up Hart off the scrap heap and developed him into a $7 million a year Tackle.

I just do that when other teams pay up for the players we develop.
Reply/Quote

I was actually thinking/hoping we'd take care of right tackle in the draft. There was no reason to sign Hart at this amount. You don't pay for some mysterious "potential" you haven't seen in 4 years. You pay for proven guys. Paying Hart sends the message that mediocrity gets rewarded, because that's how he's performed. In fact, mediocre is probably much too kind. 

Why would we look at returning both our tackles as a good thing when they were both varying levels of bad? My goodness...I thought we over-tendered Hopkins as well. You'd think this line was amazing last year with how we've made Hopkins and Hart major priorities. 

This isn't about talent evaluation. It doesn't take a football genius to see the results. Our line wasn't good in 2018. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If our fans were great talent evaluators, I would be concerned. But, look around, they are not.

Agreed.  Bengals fans wouldn't know what a good football team looked like if they watched a team that wasn't the Bengals win a SB every year for the past 50 years!
Reply/Quote
Look on the bright side guys, we only got about 15 more years of this then The Bengals will hire another puppet. If Taylor approved this deal.......it shows what we got a Yes-man looking to cash a check. Any coach worth his weight would have walked into Brown's office and said, NO! We need to do better than Bobby fukn Hart!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:02 PM)Beaker Wrote: So between Hart's deal, and Uzomah's deal can we please stop saying that the Bengals will never go out and lay out big money for FAs?

That's how you spin this? That the Bengals are big spenders?

One was possibly the worst signing in franchise history. The other was signing a backup te.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 07:21 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's how you spin this? That the Bengals are big spenders?

You were the one who said we "insanely overpaid" for Uzo.

Seems like you can't keep your trolling straight.

"Bengals are cheap because they overpay"

"Front office is hopeless because they built a roster Marvin should have won with"

At some point you are going to have to pick a story and stick with it.  Right now you are contradicting yourself so much it is hilarious.
Reply/Quote
For the young guns that missed the 90’s I have a feeling you will get to experience that real soon.

Has anyone tried absinthe? I don’t think Budweiser is going to work for me this time

Reply/Quote