Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bobby Hart Re-Signed
Is there any way to still have confidence in Zac Taylor and his staff assuming they were ok with this deal? I was taking a wait and see approach despite the "Dave Shula 2.0" whispers, but now I'm seriously questioning Taylor and his staff a month into the regime.
Reply/Quote
Bobby hart now makes more than Bryan Buluga

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:17 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Is there any way to still have confidence in Zac Taylor and his staff assuming they were ok with this deal? I was taking a wait and see approach despite the "Dave Shula 2.0" whispers, but now I'm seriously questioning Taylor and his staff a month into the regime.

He certainly did start things off on a stinky foot, unless we are convinced this was the work of Mike and Duke. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:17 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Is there any way to still have confidence in Zac Taylor and his staff assuming they were ok with this deal? I was taking a wait and see approach despite the "Dave Shula 2.0" whispers, but now I'm seriously questioning Taylor and his staff a month into the regime.

In the most positive way I can say this, I have zero confidence in Taylor and the rest of the staff until they win games.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Who knows maybe we have a Trent Brown scenario on our hands. Below average RT first few years, we move him to the Blindside and he excels. He is only 25.

OK, that's all I got.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I don't think I've ever been as flabbergasted, bewildered, dumbfounded, and just flat out pissed at any Bengals move. :paul:

He was among the league leaders in penalties last year not to mention he was beat like a drum in pass pro.

I'm just speechless
Reply/Quote
9th largest RT contract in the NFL. Good grief I don't even know what to think.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows maybe we have a Trent Brown scenario on our hands. Below average RT first few years, we move him to the Blindside and he excels. He is only 25.

OK, that's all I got.

He actually won't turn 25 until August.  That's really the only positive, that he's young and should improve.  How much remains to be seen.

It seems like the Bengals overpaid out of desperation due to the lack of T's on the roster.  Still, we need to see how it's structured, how much guaranteed money, how much is performance bonuses, etc.
Reply/Quote
The only signing I can think of that even comes close to this in terms of outright stupidity by the Bengals is the Antonio Bryant signing. But even then, at least Bryant had done SOMETHING to remotely, if you squinted super hard, justify it. Good God this is mind-numbingly abysmal.

I'm not one that was super high on ZT as the coach to begin with, especially not with the Family Feud coaching staff he's assembled. But holy shit I didn't think it'd be THIS bad. Three years of Hart at tackle? At that much money? Goddamn...
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:34 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: 9th largest RT contract in the NFL. Good grief I don't even know what to think.

Think about what a fat sack of crap Marvin Lewis is.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Think about what a fat sack of crap Marvin Lewis is.

May work but I was leaning more MB.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have never been optimistic.

Do you blame me? When the owner constantly goes the cheap route and refuses to build a winning culture. This just shows me that this team could care less about winning.
Reply/Quote
I think instead of New Dey shirts we should get Groundhog Dey shirts made.
Reply/Quote
Jesus Christ.... Bobby Hart!? 3 year deal ....
SERIOUSLY! Hey, Let's give a 3 year contract to a guy who would be on anyone else's practice squad!......Looks like the Bengals haven't changed at all. Fuuuuuuuu*k!!!
Reply/Quote
I ***** hate this franchise. **** this
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Got to say I am shocked at how much he got paid.

From the comments of the coaches I kind of thought we would bring him back, but right now Hart is the 30th highest paid OT in the league for 2019. That means he is making more money than a few LTs.

Last year he just made $1 million. I figured we would pay more than that but not seven freaking million. And not for 3 years.

We did not just overpay for a one year fix. I might have seen some glimmer of logic in that. But we signed Hart to be our RT of the future.

So, at 7 million/year, the Bengals are paying like .4-.5 million/ sack. That’s pretty good, right?
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:41 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: May work but I was leaning more MB.

No sense blaming someone who is still here.  
Reply/Quote
Wonder when they'll come out with the MJ signing ? 3 years 30 million
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 06:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: Do you blame me? When the owner constantly goes the cheap route and refuses to build a winning culture. This just shows me that this team could care less about winning.

For the 1,000,000th time, Mike Brown cares about:

1: Jobs for family members
2: Minimizing expenses and maximizing yearly profits
3: Making sure the county pays for stadium upkeep
4: Selling his leadership vision
5: Winning, only after 1-4.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor must really HATE Andy Dalton.
Reply/Quote