Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bobby Hart Re-Signed
Just unbelievable !!

The hope I've had building ever since I heard Marvin was gone just took a serious hit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Got to say I am shocked at how much he got paid.

From the comments of the coaches I kind of thought we would bring him back, but right now Hart is the 30th highest paid OT in the league for 2019. That means he is making more money than a few LTs.

Last year he just made $1 million. I figured we would pay more than that but not seven freaking million. And not for 3 years.

We did not just overpay for a one year fix. I might have seen some glimmer of logic in that. But we signed Hart to be our RT of the future.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:36 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Huh?  If rebuilding, why overpay for a guy who would be a backup at best on most teams.  Better to draft a RT if it’s rebuild time.

We don't KNOW what possessed the Bengals to do this, but our new genius HC beat the drum for Jim Turner who beat the drum for Bobby Hart.  4 hours into free agency and it's quite possible our brand new HC orchestrated a deal that we absolutely hate...that's hard to handle, so I assume we will convince ourselves that Mike Brown insisted on keeping Hart, and it's ok because Mike Brown is totally going to stop being the GM aaaaany day now.
Reply/Quote
Is this why Pollock left?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: Is this why Pollock left?

Doubt it. Already out there Turner is Taylor's guy...and he's family.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Doubt it. Already out there Turner is Taylor's guy...and he's family.

I only wonder because Frank left prettt early in the process. Wonder if he knew Hart was the company man then and Turner is just selling the company line on Hart.
Reply/Quote
Somewhere Marvin is smiling vindicated. Zac is set up to fail with a incompetent FO and Ownership. We ignored (excused) the coaching debacle, we can't this, it's looking like it's only going to get worse for the post Marvin era.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Got to say I am shocked at how much he got paid.

From the comments of the coaches I kind of thought we would bring him back, but right now Hart is the 30th highest paid OT in the league for 2019.  That means he is making more money than a few LTs.  

Last year he just made $1 million.  I figured we would pay more than that but not seven freaking million.  And not for 3 years.  

We did not just overpay for a one year fix. I might have seen some glimmer of logic in that.  But we signed Hart to be our RT of the future.

I agree with this. I figured he was gonna get resigned because they had no tackles under contract but I was expecting a 2 year 6m tops. 3 for 21 for Bobby Hart is insane.

I wonder how it'll be structured if they can walk away from him easy.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:45 PM)Synric Wrote: Doubt it. Already out there Turner is Taylor's guy...and he's family.

Yeah, Taylor vouched for Turner who vouched for Hart.  Not the most popular set of moves to make.

(03-11-2019, 05:47 PM)jj22 Wrote: Somewhere Marvin is smiling vindicated. Zac is set up to fail with a incompetent FO and Ownership. We ignored (excused) the coaching debacle, we can't this, it's looking like it's only going to get worse for the post Marvin era.

The real concern would be that Zac is completely on-board with this move and our front office isn't setting him up to fail, so much as he hired his in-law and let him make an important personnel decision.  Time will tell, but I assume Zac is A-OK with this move.
Reply/Quote
I’m really considering just jumping on another teams band wagon , This team is just a complete joke from top to bottom. Why is the hell would they sign this guy again? And why give him that much ?
Reply/Quote
I’ve never seen anything like this in my life

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I simply cant fathom the logic behind this. Hart was absolutely terrible last year and in no way earned this type of deal.

Not a great start.
Reply/Quote
I’m super confused

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:53 PM)Okeana Wrote: I’m super confused

Doesn't Jim Turner have some past connection to Hart?  I can't recall if that is why he insta-supported him, or not.
Reply/Quote
I mean kudos to Bobby Hart. Talk about a swindle.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Taylor Turner and Not Bill Callahan seen something from the offensive tape to vindicate this move. I know the offense was extremely generic. 3 for 21 is still ugh.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2019, 05:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: A lot.

These guys have made a career of working with football players/  We just watch a few games and post on a message board.

The worst coach on the Bengals staff would embarrass you in a film session.

While i agree with you this is still the same Tobin/Ownership that brought you Ced as a first round pick(even if another team would have drafted him in the first it’s still a bad evaluation) he and let Whit and Zeitler walk. Idk there logic bc this is their expertise I’m just an avid die hard fan. I’m not saying i could do better but it sure does feel like it. The thing is idc if we don’t make splash moves and over pay big name free agents like some teams. I just think we are off on some of our evaluations and i feel like we have the right to disagree with the front office.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
No reason to overpay good free agents when you can overpay bad ones

Reply/Quote
3/33M was too much for Whitworth but Hart gets 3/21M?
Reply/Quote
I can't even argue that the Bengals will be the ones to get Hart to play up to his potential. He was just a 7th round pick in 2015. It is not like he had some high-ceiling he had not reached yet.
Reply/Quote