Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart is just killing us!!!
(09-14-2020, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.  I was talking about objective statistics.

Objective statistic #1
Bobby Hart gave up the 14th most total pressures in the NFL last year of all Ts playing at least 50% of the max (guy with the most) snaps. That's a combination of Sacks, Hits and Hurries. That's 14th most out of 61 that qualified, which of course means he was 47th best out of 61. 

Subjective statistic to go along with #1
There were only 4 Ts, out of the 13 that gave up more pressures, who had a grade worse than Hart's. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:32 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: 50% is an F.

(09-14-2020, 03:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, overall...a failing grade, no doubt.

(09-14-2020, 07:34 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: He sucked in college and he sucked in NY. The last time he was any good was high school when he was just bigger than everybody else. Hart sucks because he has a ten cent brain, penalties and missed assignments, nothing to do with his body type.

It’s odd because the coaches keep talking about how smart he is and how he helps the other guys on the line with their assignments. Must just be something with how his brain handles the adrenaline and commotion of a game vs. film study and practice. Lots of layers have that problem and the coaches need to fix it or get someone that can perform when it matters.

Couple things. 

50% isn't the same across the board. It's an F when you have 100 questions and only get 50 right but it's average © when you are 50th out of 100 people. 

As bad as he is physically on the field, he doesn't have a 10 cent brain when it comes to football. Coaches and Trey Hopkins have commented on how "football smart" he is, in reference to assignments and recognition. Too bad that doesn't translate to the physical part of the game...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 02:46 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Objective statistic #1
Bobby Hart gave up the 14th most total pressures in the NFL last year of all Ts playing at least 50% of the max (guy with the most) snaps. That's a combination of Sacks, Hits and Hurries. That's 14th most out of 61 that qualified, which of course means he was 47th best out of 61. 

I have been asking everyone for stats on pressures and hurries.  Where did you get these?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have been asking everyone for stats on pressures and hurries.  Where did you get these?

Um probably from actually doing the due diligence and investigating and not making s__t up like some others do....cough cough.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I have been asking everyone for stats on pressures and hurries.  Where did you get these?

PFF. 

6 Sacks
3 Hits
29 Hurries
------------
38 total Pressures

That's on 1,086 snaps. I set the parameter to 50% of max snaps. If i bump it up to 80% of max snaps, he jumps to 8th worst.

*Max snaps last year was 1,163 (Jake Matthews)*

Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:31 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Billy came in and the line was immediately better.

Looks like X-man will be out for Thursday and possibly longer.

Price is best suited for RG. We should have never put him at Center and just made him RG all last year. That’s the only way we will salvage that pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: To blame this loss on Bullock shows lack of rationality. 

He made a 43 yarder and 50 yarder when our offense sputtered earlier in the game. This loss isn’t on him. It’s on Zac Taylor.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: PFF. 

6 Sacks
3 Hits
29 Hurries
------------
38 total Pressures

That's on 1,086 snaps. I set the parameter to 50% of max snaps. If i bump it up to 80% of max snaps, he jumps to 8th worst.

*Max snaps last year was 1,163 (Jake Matthews)*

I have a hard time believing that Fred Johnson is so worse at RT that we have to settle for this all season.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:58 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I have a hard time believing that Fred Johnson is so worse at RT that we have to settle for this all season.

At least try. If anything maybe it lights a fire under Hart’s ass, and results in more effort.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least try. If anything maybe it lights a fire under Hart’s ass, and results in more effort.

One would hope, but you'd also hope a professional tackle would have enough pride that he'd want to play better to protect his QB and have a chance to win games.

Hart looks like he is just out there cashing pay-checks, and he'd probably be just as happy doing it from the bench.

Gotta try a different player just in the hopes the other player has the hunger to be better and productive.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 02:56 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Couple things. 

50% isn't the same across the board. It's an F when you have 100 questions and only get 50 right but it's average © when you are 50th out of 100 people. 

As bad as he is physically on the field, he doesn't have a 10 cent brain when it comes to football. Coaches and Trey Hopkins have commented on how "football smart" he is, in reference to assignments and recognition. Too bad that doesn't translate to the physical part of the game...

Did you read the second paragraph of my post? 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:05 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: One would hope, but you'd also hope a professional tackle would have enough pride that he'd want to play better to protect his QB and have a chance to win games.

Hart looks like he is just out there cashing pay-checks, and he'd probably be just as happy doing it from the bench.

Gotta try a different player just in the hopes the other player has the hunger to be better and productive.

Of all his knocks, this is 100% false; the guy plays with a ton of energy and enthusiasm and has every game (he's had multiple moments of each game, showing elation and celebrating with teammates, while also getting pissed off when he screws up).

The numbers don't lie, but neither does his emotion on the field.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:30 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Of all his knocks, this is 100% false; the guy plays with a ton of energy and enthusiasm and has every game (he's had multiple moments of each game, showing elation and celebrating with teammates, while also getting pissed off when he screws up).

I thought there was a clear lack of effort on at least a couple plays Sunday.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:30 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Of all his knocks, this is 100% false; the guy plays with a ton of energy and enthusiasm and has every game (he's had multiple moments of each game, showing elation and celebrating with teammates, while also getting pissed off when he screws up).

I'm blaming Jim Turner for not having those guys prepared to pick up the Chargers Pass Rush.  On multiple plays, Hart appeared to not know if he was to block the man on his inside or the End playing off of his outside shoulder.  This is evidenced on a few plays where Hart appeared to allow the End to blow by him, untouched as he had his initial focus toward the man to his inside.  He would then look back, as if thinking "I thought there was supposed to be help..  That is a lack of coordination and communication, in other words, a general lack of preparedness.

Either Hart does not know his responsibilities at all, or Turner did not have those guys prepared to pick it up.  What the Chargers were bringing was nothing fancy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:22 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Did you read the second paragraph of my post? 

Yeah. I wasn't (seemingly) trying to contradicting anything you said, i was more trying to expand on it. 

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought there was a clear lack of effort on at least a couple plays Sunday.

Same.

He just didn't seem like it was bothering him when Bosa was beating him and even taunting him. A little passion there and pride would have been nice.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:31 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought there was a clear lack of effort on at least a couple plays Sunday.

I would have to re-watch; the one where Bosa seemingly ran right through, was more of a scheme/pickup mistake, rather than lack of effort (they pointed it out on the broadcast too).

One of his pressures given up, he jumped up and down, clearly frustrated with himself (which he did a fair amount of last year LOL)
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I would have to re-watch; the one where Bosa seemingly ran right through, was more of a scheme/pickup mistake, rather than lack of effort (they pointed it out on the broadcast too).

One of his pressures given up, he jumped up and down, clearly frustrated with himself (which he did a fair amount of last year LOL)

I also saw one play where he was jogging down field like an old woman.

Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 12:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

[Image: 51QPFC1RebL._AC_SL1009_.jpg]

Reply/Quote