Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart is just killing us!!!
(09-14-2020, 10:18 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Willie is ripping coach Taylor more than OUr OTs

What do you want to go along with your crow?

Hart is still absolute trash. I’ll be interested to see what kind of stats you can dig up to prove otherwise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:23 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What do you want to go along with your crow?

Hart is still absolute trash. I’ll be interested to see what kind of stats you can dig up to prove otherwise.

I am no more trashing Bobby Hart than I am Joe Burrow or Randy Bullock.  I am going to wait and judge them all based on a bigger sample size.

I ripped the Bengals as much as anyone when they gave Hart the big contract extension and he played like crap in 2018.  But he improved greatly in 2019.  So instead of just acting like a knee jerk drama queen I am going to see how these guys play over the course of the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:41 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am no more trashing Bobby Hart than I am Joe Burrow or Randy Bullock.  I am going to wait and judge them all based on a bigger sample size.

I ripped the Bengals as much as anyone when they gave Hart the big contract extension and he played like crap in 2018.  But he improved greatly in 2019.  So instead of just acting like a knee jerk drama queen I am going to see how these guys play over the course of the season.

The sample size on Hart is plenty big enough. He’s played in 65 games. He’s clearly trash. We shouldn’t be crossing our fingers and hoping he finally puts it together at some point with a franchise QB’s health at stake.

Reply/Quote
My thing with Hart was...Everyone could see he was struggling and not effective and Turner did not give him a break to send in Fred Johnson or Adeniji. I think Hart played all 68 snaps. It's on the O-line coach and Head coach to recognize there is a problem on the right side of the line and fix it!!! Even though there were no sacks in the 2nd half, most of the pressure was still come from the right side.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 10:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The sample size on Hart is plenty big enough. He’s played in 65 games. He’s clearly trash.

He is not "clearly trash".  Based on sacks allowed, blown blocks, and penalties he was average to above average last year.

I have no problem with replacing him if we get someone better, but if he plays like he did last season he will not be trash.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not "clearly trash".  Based on sacks allowed, blown blocks, and penalties he was average to above average last year.

I have no problem with replacing him if we get someone better, but if he plays like he did last season he will not be trash.

[Image: cover2.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:22 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: My thing with Hart was...Everyone could see he was struggling and not effective and Turner did not give him a break to send in Fred Johnson or Adeniji.  I think Hart played all 68 snaps.  It's on the O-line coach and Head coach to recognize there is a problem on the right side of the line and fix it!!!  Even though there were no sacks in the 2nd half, most of the pressure was still come from the right side.

They helped him out with some chip blocks the 2nd half. Look, he just went against the highest paid DE of all time and a pro bowl player. Bosa makes lots of better tackles than Hart look bad.

I'll give Hart a pass yesterday as it was the first time seeing that kind of speed/strength with no pre-season games. That's huge.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 11:22 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: Everyone could see he was struggling and not effective and Turner did not give him a break to send in Fred Johnson or Adeniji. 

Same reason he did not replace Jonah Williams with Johnson or adenji when he was struggling early in the game.

Changing players does not help if you don't have a better player to put in.

Last year Bosa was 3rd in the league in tackles for loss, 5th in QB hits, and top 10 with 11.5 sacks.  He makes a lot of OTs look bad.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not "clearly trash".  Based on sacks allowed, blown blocks, and penalties he was average to above average last year.

Only in Fred land is Bobby Hart an “above average” OT. As for the bold, he’s off to a great start...

He was easily the worst player on the the field yesterday. For either team.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:26 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only in Fred land is Bobby Hart an “above average” OT.

Wrong.  I was talking about objective statistics.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.  I was talking about objective statistics.

You were talking about cherry picked statistics.

No mention of pressures allowed, false starts, or run blocking.

He was well below average last season.  Anyone who actually watches the game can see this.
Reply/Quote
(09-13-2020, 08:58 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Because it’s the Bengals

You can’t get linemen at Walmart.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:30 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You were talking about cherry picked statistics.

He was well below average last season.  Anyone who actually watches the game can see this.

I am talking about all the objective stats I have access to.

But talk about "cherry picking"  where do 4 false starts in 1100 snaps played rank among NFL OTs?

How about his pressures allowed per snap?

What stat do you use for "run blocking"?  Harts blown blocks on running plays average to above average among OT.

I use actual stats that I can back up and then the people who attack me for it just make up stuff out of thin air. 

The fact that they have to rely on clown pictures proves how totally clueless they are.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:30 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You were talking about cherry picked statistics.

The guy also has almost 6 mm guaranteed to him so mistakes or not he's going to be in there. MB ain't going tom pay a guy to sit.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 12:37 PM)higgy100 Wrote: The guy also has almost 6 mm guaranteed to him so mistakes or not he's going to be in there. MB ain't going tom pay a guy to sit.

Andy Dalton and Preston Brown beg to differ.
Reply/Quote
I could care less what Bobby Hart did last year. Cause in.his case the only thing that matters is what he did YESTERDAY.
AND HE PLAYED LIKE GARBAGE YESTERDAY.

Bosa was in.his head all day. Hart might do well vs 3rd string DEs but he has proven he cant win battles vs the better DEs in the league
He's a cupcake RT who gets whipped mentally and physically
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 01:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Andy Dalton and Preston Brown beg to differ.

True but dozens and dozens of other players the past several years will beg to differ with you.
Reply/Quote
These things take care of themselves. If Hart doesn't get it together soon a play will happen in game where the the RG gets blown up and happen to land on Bobby Hart's leg in a game.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 02:47 PM)higgy100 Wrote: True but dozens and dozens of other players the past several years will beg to differ with you.

Who cares? Just last year 2 players who were paid millions were benched and cut..

So you are wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 01:39 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I could care less what Bobby Hart did last year. Cause in.his case the only thing that matters is what he did YESTERDAY.
AND HE PLAYED LIKE GARBAGE YESTERDAY.

Bosa was in.his head all day. Hart might do well vs 3rd string DEs but he has proven he cant win battles vs the better DEs in the league
He's a cupcake RT who gets whipped mentally and physically

If what happened last year does not matter then you want Burrow cut also?
Reply/Quote