Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart is just killing us!!!
(09-15-2020, 12:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Hart has no standing to talk trash to anybody, let alone Bosa. Guy has a strange concept of his own ability. In college he wouldn’t show up to film study or weight training sessions because “he didn’t need it”. Called himself the best tackle in the league the year the Giants canned him. Some people might call it confidence, but Hart is borderline delusional.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 12:53 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Hart has no standing to talk trash to anybody, let alone Bosa.

He ran his mouth to Burfict online at one point too. He has a screw loose.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 11:55 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I would have to re-watch; the one where Bosa seemingly ran right through, was more of a scheme/pickup mistake, rather than lack of effort (they pointed it out on the broadcast too).

One of his pressures given up, he jumped up and down, clearly frustrated with himself (which he did a fair amount of last year LOL)

Yeah not sure what was supposed to happen, but Hart just tapped Bosa on the shoulder and acted like he was passing him off to the inside, to Price. Then Hart turned to engage the outside guy, problem was, Price was already blocking somebody inside and Gio was already blocking the outside guy. Left Bosa unblocked and Hart blocking nobody.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 12:59 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Yeah not sure what was supposed to happen, but Hart just tapped Bosa on the shoulder and acted like he was passing him off to the inside, to Price. Then Hart turned to engage the outside guy, problem was, Price was already blocking somebody inside and Gio was already blocking the outside guy. Left Bosa unblocked and Hart blocking nobody.

That's a bingo.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
More effort than Ogbuehi, who wouldn't even help his QB up when he got him killed. That's about the extent of my praise for Bobby. He wasn't much in Tallahassee either.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Peep the nickname.... LMAO

Attached Files Image(s)

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 10:47 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: PFF. 

6 Sacks
3 Hits
29 Hurries
------------
38 total Pressures

That's on 1,086 snaps. I set the parameter to 50% of max snaps. If i bump it up to 80% of max snaps, he jumps to 8th worst.

*Max snaps last year was 1,163 (Jake Matthews)*

Do I have to pay for premium stats to get that info?

I bet if I could post the numbers per snap or per pass play Hart would rank a lot higher.

Where does Hart rank just on snaps?  Don't they also have snaps divided into run and pass?  How many OTs played 80% of max snaps?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do I have to pay for premium stats to get that info?

I bet if I could post the numbers per snap or per pass play Hart would rank a lot higher.

Where does Hart rank just on snaps?  Don't they also have snaps divided into run and pass?  How many OTs played 80% of max snaps?

Just looking at the Chargers game...he played 68 snaps (ranked 27th among T's), allowed a sack and had a penalty, with an overall grade of 63.9 - 46.0 pass blocking and 82.4 run blocking. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 02:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just looking at the Chargers game...he played 68 snaps (ranked 27th among T's), allowed a sack and had a penalty, with an overall grade of 63.9 - 46.0 pass blocking and 82.4 run blocking. 

I was talking about last year.  People don't realize that the Bengals offense was 9th in the league in total plays (according to ProFootballReference), and Hart played almost every snap.  Bengals were 6th in pass attempts so I am pretty sure Hart was among the league leaders in passing snaps played.

So to get a clear picture his stats for pressures allowed should be adjusted to "per snap".  There were 9 teams who attempted over 100 fewer passes than the Bengals.  That really skews the stats when you just look at totals
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Do I have to pay for premium stats to get that info?  Yes

I bet if I could post the numbers per snap or per pass play Hart would rank a lot higher. I'll post some per snap stats below

Where does Hart rank just on snaps?  He had the 8th most snaps

Don't they also have snaps divided into run and pass?  These stats are specifically "Blocking and Allowed Pressure"

How many OTs played 80% of max snaps? 31

Per snap, Hart was;
181 snaps per sack
362 snaps per hit
37 snaps per hurry

The 5 guys immediately "better" than Hart on the list; 
146, 498, 145, 176 and 538 snaps per sack
340, 166, 254, 151 and 154 snaps per hit
38, 36, 42, 48 and 41 snaps per hurry

Of the 7 guys that played more snaps than Hart;
Hart gave up more sacks than 3 of them and tied a 4th
Hart was tied for 2nd least number of hits given up
Hart gave up more hurries than all but 1
Hart gave up more total pressures than 4

Of the 31 to play 80% of max snaps, Hart was;
21st in sacks
6th in hits
27th in hurries
24th in pressures

Of the 61 guys that played 50% of max snaps, Hart was;
40th in sacks
13th in hits
52nd in hurries
47th in pressures

You can make the argument that, per snap, Hart would improve on the list. But the improvement wouldn't be more than a couple spots. He would have to jump around 6-15 spots in all these areas but 1 to be considered even "average". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Pass Blocking Efficiency

The PFF "Pass Blocking Efficiency" rating measures pressure allowed on a per-snap basis with weighting toward sacks allowed.

At 50% of max pass blocks (753)
Hart was 28th out of 58 with a 96.7 efficiency

At 80% of max pass blocks (753)
Hart was 10th out of 17

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 12:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Bosa was confused, Hart was not talking trash. He is just such garbage, when he speaks, it sounds like trash. 
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 01:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: Peep the nickname.... LMAO

A rather accurate depiction, in my opinion.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 02:30 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Just looking at the Chargers game...he played 68 snaps (ranked 27th among T's), allowed a sack and had a penalty, with an overall grade of 63.9 - 46.0 pass blocking and 82.4 run blocking. 

Hart can be a decent to good run blocker depending.... but he sucks bad at pass pro.
Reply/Quote
There are really really good OL that look bad against Bosa. While Hart ain't great he's not as bad as many make him out to be.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 03:37 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Pass Blocking Efficiency

The PFF "Pass Blocking Efficiency" rating measures pressure allowed on a per-snap basis with weighting toward sacks allowed.

At 50% of max pass blocks (753)
Hart was 28th out of 58 with a 96.7 efficiency

See.  Top half of the league.

Everyone please notice that this is the only stat that rates pass protection based on "pass snaps" instead of "total snaps".  Hart played a lot more pass snaps because Bengals threw the 6th most passes in the league last year.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 01:07 PM)Wyche Wrote: More effort than Ogbuehi, who wouldn't even help his QB up when he got him killed. That's about the extent of my praise for Bobby. He wasn't much in Tallahassee either.

Ced even had those freakishly long arms to reach down and help Dalton up without much effort...but alas, he did not.  What a bum.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2020, 05:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: See.  Top half of the league.

Everyone please notice that this is the only stat that rates pass protection based on "pass snaps" instead of "total snaps".  Hart played a lot more pass snaps because Bengals threw the 6th most passes in the league last year.

In his last 5 starts last year, he got a pass blocking grade of 79.0 or higher. In his last 12, he got a 70.6 or higher in 9 of them. 

Reply/Quote
If Hart doesn't turn it around starting Thursday I don't see how they can march him out there and not expect Burrow to end up on the IR this year. It's shape up or ship out time for old Bobby Turnstile.
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
Hart will be replaced in the Browns game if he allows Myles Garrett to hit Burrow over and over. Hart has concrete in
His cleats and Jim Turner cant see it.
Reply/Quote