Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart under pressure
I didn't see a thread on this in jungle noise (small favor, I guess) so I figured I'd toss it down here. I haven't looked into it much, but Bobby Hart posted and deleted what has been deemed a homophobic tweet.

https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/bobby-hart-homophobic-instagram-post
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Speaking in generalities that I'm sure some will pretest but:

I'd assume one of the most bitter internal struggles the liberal has is trying to reconcile the black's views on homosexuality.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(06-24-2020, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking in generalities that I'm sure some will pretest but:

I'd assume one of the most bitter internal struggles the liberal has is trying to reconcile the black's views on homosexuality.

As a socially liberal person my take is that everyone is free to believe and say what he/she wishes about anything but as long as that doesn't have any impact upon liberty, it's just personal beliefs.  I'm straight though, but I do find people who want to limit freedom to be offensive in a sense. I personally find there is a sort of sweet burning sensation behind supporting freedoms you don't necessarily desire for your own benefit.

In the political sense, I just figure blacks join into a "best we're gonna get" sort of alliance with democrats even if they aren't wild about gay rights.  Just my take, as a white, straight, socially liberal type.  I don't see it as some sort of great conflict as I have a skeptical eye for people who throw themselves behind and claim to support everything a single party does or stands for.
People need to get over their own insecurities and mind their own business when it comes to people being gay.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-24-2020, 11:00 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: People need to get over their own insecurities and mind their own business when it comes to people being gay.

Yeah, to each his own but this is a bit off-putting since we are only a generation or two removed form (and some people still cling to) the idea that interracial marriage was a dangerous bunch of liberal/commie propaganda that will weaken marriage and put women/children/the USA at risk and blah blah blah.  

The arguments never change, but the target gets replaced every now and then and it's interesting seeing who was once downtrodden and "to be feared" jumping on the new target.

Can't let the Irish/Italians/Asians/Muslims/Mexicans into the country because they're gonna ravage white women and be lazy and not assimilate (well, the Asians were more sneaky and out to "beat" the USA...my how things change)!

It's against god's will to be left-handed/race mixing/homosexual/trans!  

Same old, same old.  Just causes me to wince a bit when the recently exonerated join the "enemy" so to speak.
(06-24-2020, 10:18 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Speaking in generalities that I'm sure some will pretest but:

Nice.

The liberal in me thinks it is typical of a conservative to stereotype all of “the blacks” by suggesting an entire race holds the same, singular view on homosexuality based upon their skin color.

Un-f’n-believable.
(06-25-2020, 12:13 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Nice.

The liberal in me thinks it is typical of a conservative to stereotype all of “the blacks” by suggesting an entire race holds the same, singular view on homosexuality based upon their skin color.

Un-f’n-believable.

I should have said I was speaking in generalities that some would protest to.

(06-25-2020, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I should have said I was speaking in generalities that some would protest to.

Should have, but didn’t.
(06-25-2020, 12:46 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Should have, but didn’t.

Okey Dokey

(06-25-2020, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I should have said I was speaking in generalities that some would protest to.

How amazingly prophetic.

I suppose one of the biggest internal struggles of the right is trying to reconcile the dubious racist undertones many of them sport. I'm now speaking in generalities some would protest to. So don't bother, for I already predicted it.
(06-25-2020, 12:53 AM)hollodero Wrote: How amazingly prophetic.

I suppose one of the biggest internal struggles of the right is trying to reconcile the dubious racist undertones many of them sport. I'm now speaking in generalities some would protest to. So don't bother, for I already predicted it.

And here I was hoping for a second that you were chiming in to let Breech know I did say I was speaking on generalities. 

But alas I was wrong, I should have predicted it, 

Here's an update:

One of the most liberal posters in this forum and I were having an actual conversation. I suggested Tammy Baldwin would be a good VP candidate for Biden, he disagreed because of how poorly homosexuals poll with minorities and further suggested it's why Mayor Pete dropped out before the SC primaries. Not one of us insulted the other.

I say a similar thing while acknowledging there will be those that object to the assertion and the claws come out.

(06-25-2020, 01:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's an update:

One of the most liberal posters in this forum and I were having an actual conversation. I suggested Tammy Baldwin would be a good VP candidate for Biden, he disagreed because of how poorly homosexuals poll with minorities and further suggested it's why Mayor Pete dropped out before the SC primaries. Not one of us insulted the other.

I say a similar thing while acknowledging there will be those that object to the assertion and the claws come out.

Well, clearly it’s my fault for falling for the race baiting.
(06-25-2020, 01:03 AM)bfine32 Wrote: And here I was hoping for a second that you were chiming in to let Breech know I did say I was speaking on generalities. 

But alas I was wrong, I should have predicted it, 

Claiming to "speak on generalities" is not the magic formula that allows anyone to stereotype people.

Again, it's like me saying "southeners are racist - speaking in generalities". Even when adding that second part, a person living in the south still will perceive my stereotyping as an insult.
(06-25-2020, 01:23 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, clearly it’s my fault for falling for the race baiting.

As a semi-neutral party here (and someone who is going to bed after this message) I think you may be letting past interactions with bfine color your judgement a bit here.  I'll admit I take not of long-term attitudes and what not, but I also try to keep a "new thread, new threshold" sort of mindset, too.   

I respect you both as contributors and pot-stirrers (a good thing in my mind, as long as there is some substance there), so that's just my take.  Then again, what the hell do I know, eh?

EDIT - Until further notice, I think there is enough of a strategic political background to his point to keep it from being an insult. It's the difference between saying Trump polls well with those without a college or higher education compared to "Trump supporters are morons."

As both a gay and liberal person, my stance on the subject is rather simple; if a black person says or posts homophobic things, they are wrong and should be condemned. If a gay person says or posts racist things, they are wrong and should be condemned. 

Wrong is wrong regardless of the skin color or sexual preference of the offender. A person can hold whatever harmful views they want within the confines of their own mind, but when they choose to vocalize or promote those thoughts publicly, they shouldn't be surprised by the potential consequences.
(06-25-2020, 01:14 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's an update:

First off, I'm not one of the most "liberal posters" in this forum, I'm more of a "Blue dog democrat" that happens to reside in Ohio instead of the south. Second, Mayor Pete did poll poorly with African Americans in the southern states, and in the bible belt, even more so. I don't think I'm being "homophobic" in pointing out that the poor showing Buttigieg had down south ended his presidential run. I think people are "jumping your case" in this thread because of the way you "generalized" blacks as a whole,you then corrected this with a later post and good on you for doing so.  BTW, getting back to Buttigieg for a moment, if you remember I personally said I thought he was the best candidate the democrats had going and when he dropped out it was widely reported that the reason being was his poor showing with minorities in the south who were undoubtedly judging him by his sexual orientation.
(06-25-2020, 04:06 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: First off, I'm not one of the most "liberal posters" in this forum, I'm more of a "Blue dog democrat" that happens to reside in Ohio instead of the south. Second, Mayor Pete did poll poorly with African Americans in the southern states, and in the bible belt, even more so. I don't think I'm being "homophobic" in pointing out that the poor showing Buttigieg had down south ended his presidential run. I think people are "jumping your case" in this thread because of the way you "generalized" blacks as a whole,you then corrected this with a later post and good on you for doing so.  BTW, getting back to Buttigieg for a moment, if you remember I personally said I thought he was the best candidate the democrats had going and when he dropped out it was widely reported that the reason being was his poor showing with minorities in the south who were undoubtedly judging him by his sexual orientation.

What you say may indeed be the case, but I think there were some gentrification and law enforcement issues during his time as mayor of South Bend that didn't help him, either.  

It's definitely been an effective tactic for the right to use the various minorities and factions that would otherwise oppose the values of the conservative platform against the left.  Black vs gay, Asian vs black during the LA riots, Hispanic vs poor whites and labor, liberal Jew vs Muslim, and so on.  I guess it's unfortunate for Republicans that there's now something to unite all of those groups against them for at least awhile.  

Good old divide and conquer is a classic.
(06-25-2020, 12:22 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I should have said I was speaking in generalities that some would protest 

I understand what you meant. Itr is very annoying how often we have to include a "Fred" clause in every post to CYA and minimize idiotic rantrs that distract the actual point.

Anyways, Most of white friends don't seem to get vulgar about homosexuality, but a few of my black friends really surprised me with the language and the way they seem to really despise it, and yep, those same ones are quick to point out racism as well amd vote Democratic religiously. Only thing that goes thru my mind is.. wow what a double standard. And many are also shocked that I vote Republican.