Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bodine Gone
(03-20-2018, 10:51 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Personally, I'd love that.

What I call the "upgrade difference" should be substantial between Bodine and Billy Price.

If I was drafting for the Bengals, I would factor in starter "upgrade differences" when making choices.

Maybe as a tiebreaker between two equally talented draft prospects that play two different positions.

Which prospect has the largest upgrade gap between the current starter they would replace ?

Take Billy Price, lock in the upgrade and move on to round 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 11:05 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Have said it before and will say it again. 

Why tell anybody who you really want ? If anybody covets him they can move in front of you and take him and leave you holding the bag. 

Just do not get it and if I were running it.  Would throw out misdirection and lots of it in every direction. 

I basically agree with you, but I do think most teams already know what you need and who your looking at. Unlike most mocksters that get all bent out of shape when you don't take their pick.
Reply/Quote
bills also have minter visiting WTF bills.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 11:08 AM)depthchart Wrote: What I call the "upgrade difference" should be substantial between Bodine and Billy Price.

If I was drafting for the Bengals, I would factor in starter "upgrade differences" when making choices.

Maybe as a tiebreaker between two equally talented draft prospects that play two different positions.

Which prospect has the largest upgrade gap between the current starter they would replace ?

Take Billy Price, lock in the upgrade and move on to round 2.

Zero gaurentees we get a decent center in the draft without reaching.... They could be gone before we pick and now teams know what we are going for.

We gotta land one or its TJ Johnson for a year and that's a scary thought.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 11:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Zero gaurentees we get a decent center in the draft without reaching.... They could be gone before we pick and now teams know what we are going for.

Say that happens and the Bengals miss out on a decent rookie Center prospect.

Maybe (with a sense of urgency) Mike and Marvin trade with the Bills to get Bodine back.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
Im happy as anyone that Bodine is gone. But it is pretty disturbing the Bengals offered him a long term deal for 4 more years. Thankfully he declined it, and the Bengals will now be forced to find a new center.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 11:52 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Zero gaurentees we get a decent center in the draft without reaching.... They could be gone before we pick and now teams know what we are going for.

I would be willing to bet that 2 or possibly all 3 of the better centers: Daniels, Price, Ragnarok (nickname I've given him) will be there when the Bengals are picking in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't mind a center in the first. That's not what I'm saying. But, would the 3rd best center, Ragnarok, and, say the 2nd best RT or G (for example) be better than the 1st rated center and, perhaps the 4th or 5th rated guy at RT or G? I think that the 3rd rated center is really really close to Price and Daniels. Breaking that down a little further, in the AFCN I would rank them: Price, Ragnarok, Daniels in terms of effectiveness due to the pounding and size of the NTs.

While I think the ship has sailed on Ced, I'm not so sure on Fisher. He's a really versatile lineman. He's practiced at C, played RT, and can definitely be a right G - a position he is well suited for. I would actually be a fan of drafting a proper RT, Center, and then kicking Fisher inside to RG and let him fight it out with Westerman for the starting job.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 11:47 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I basically agree with you, but I do think most teams already know what you need and who your looking at. Unlike most mocksters that get all bent out of shape when you don't take their pick.

True and that certainly holds true now that we do not have a Center. 

Just happy we are going for one early in draft for a change. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 12:30 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I would be willing to bet that 2 or possibly all 3 of the better centers: Daniels, Price, Ragnarok (nickname I've given him) will be there when the Bengals are picking in the 2nd round.

I wouldn't mind a center in the first. That's not what I'm saying. But, would the 3rd best center, Ragnarok, and, say the 2nd best RT or G (for example) be better than the 1st rated center and, perhaps the 4th or 5th rated guy at RT or G? I think that the 3rd rated center is really really close to Price and Daniels. Breaking that down a little further, in the AFCN I would rank them: Price, Ragnarok, Daniels in terms of effectiveness due to the pounding and size of the NTs.

While I think the ship has sailed on Ced, I'm not so sure on Fisher. He's a really versatile lineman. He's practiced at C, played RT, and can definitely be a right G - a position he is well suited for. I would actually be a fan of drafting a proper RT, Center, and then kicking Fisher inside to RG and let him fight it out with Westerman for the starting job.

Agree with this completely and have been saying same thing. 

Unless Pollack just absolutely loves one and does not want to risk it. Would wait until second round. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 12:30 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I would be willing to bet that 2 or possibly all 3 of the better centers: Daniels, Price, Ragnarok (nickname I've given him) will be there when the Bengals are picking in the 2nd round.

True and we might get one... and they might be worse than bodine...    if the rookie doesn't pan out or gets hurt we are completely boned at the position
Reply/Quote
We were already completely boned at the position with Bodine. Yes I hope we go Center in either the first or second round as under Mikey the team historically has not placed proper importance on interior linemen - hopefully with Pollack now instead of Piano Man that changes.
Reply/Quote
Still get giddy each time reading that Bodine is gone. Tongue

Yet it is a little scary as well until we see someone actually succeed at position.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Would having Bodine back have made you less scared? TJ Johnson, in the few games he's played at C over his career, has looked as good or better than Bodine.
With that said, I very much want C addressed in Rd 1 or Rd 2.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to watch if Bodine improves with a new line coach and scheme up in Buffalo.
Reply/Quote
Man, i like them there Bills i gotta say.

Really helped us out this Offseason in lots of ways. Smirk
Reply/Quote

I like that nickname for Ragnow, lol

That was a funny ass movie too man.
Reply/Quote
Dumping Piano Man and Bodine while trading to replace Ogbuehi is pretty much everything I wanted to see this off-season. Well, aside from canning Marv of course. Here's hoping for a Center at 21.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Couldn't be happier ! Rock On ThumbsUp :andy: Cool Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 01:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Would having Bodine back have made you less scared? TJ Johnson, in the few games he's played at C over his career, has looked as good or better than Bodine.
With that said, I very much want C addressed in Rd 1 or Rd 2.

Dude if that was true why had he never took the starting spot?  Bodine was still on a rookie deal so it wasn't money... TJ wasn't getting it done.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 07:59 PM)McC Wrote: I didn't even dare to dream this would happen.

I know, right ?

If we release Adam Jones and MJ I'll be sure aliens have abducted Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote