Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bodine Gone
(03-20-2018, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dude if that was true why had he never took the starting spot?  Bodine was still on a rookie deal so it wasn't money... TJ wasn't getting it done.

Neither was Bodine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 06:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Neither was Bodine.

That is the aggravating part of his entire tenure here.  Never once did they ever bench him, just to light a fire under his ass.  All they did was make sure that there was nobody on the roster capable of taking his job.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 06:15 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Dude if that was true why had he never took the starting spot?  Bodine was still on a rookie deal so it wasn't money... TJ wasn't getting it done.

He also wasn't PA's hand picked boy.   And he did look better than Jefro every time he played.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 06:26 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I know, right ?

If we release Adam Jones and MJ I'll be sure aliens have abducted Mike Brown.

We already got rid of Adam's dough, he will not be back at that same amount even if we bring him back.

Something is different for the better... Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 07:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is the aggravating part of his entire tenure here.  Never once did they ever bench him, just to light a fire under his ass.  All they did was make sure that there was nobody on the roster capable of taking his job.

Even when TJ Johnson came in against the Ravens and we went right down the field and scored a TD they brought
Bodine right back in and the Offense stalled again, big surprise. TJ Johnson never looked very good in Preseason but
he did look okay that one time in the regular season against the Ravens. Still never gave him a real shot though.

So happy PA and Bodine are gone and we have Pollack, Glenn and most likely an early round Center coming up.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 07:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Even when TJ Johnson came in against the Ravens and we went right down the field and scored a TD they brought
Bodine right back in and the Offense stalled again, big surprise. TJ Johnson never looked very good in Preseason but
he did look okay that one time in the regular season against the Ravens. Still never gave him a real shot though.

So happy PA and Bodine are gone and we have Pollack, Glenn and most likely an early round Center coming up.

Exactly. That was the episode that put a lot of us over the line into “no matter what piano man has to go” because it was obvious Bodine was reinserted because he was Piano Man’s hand picked player (so was Ghiacuc, which is frightening if your team hired Anderson...).
Reply/Quote
A little late, but....

[Image: happy-dance-animated-gif-image-45.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
At least these all seem like steps in the right direction.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 09:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: Exactly. That was the episode that put a lot of us over the line into “no matter what piano man has to go” because it was obvious Bodine was reinserted because he was Piano Man’s hand picked player (so was Ghiacuc, which is frightening if your  team hired Anderson...).

You know it Joe, competition was not allowed under PA many times...

It will be different with Pollack and it is obvious with the Cordy Glenn trade, Center being spoken about being taken early and the
letting of Bodine go look at other teams instead of acting like he is a good player and paying him like it. If PA was still here, Bodine
would still be here too, i guarantee it. PA played favorites instead of playing the best players and pushing for the best players.

Moving on from PA alone will make this entire team much better.

Let alone the fact Pollack was the best available O-line coach to bring in.
Reply/Quote
The Buffalo Bills: The gift that keeps on giving all off season.
Reply/Quote
I rank thread 5 stars
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
man I rewatched a game from last year today. my god Bodine is so bad. how can anyone want to sign him. he is so bad at football. not sure who's worse Bodine or Ogbuehi
Reply/Quote
Whatever Bodine’s flaws were here, he sure set himself up to be the starter in Buffalo.

I’m not sure of their situation at Center, I think I’ve read they are lacking. Still, Russell chose the one place that gives him the best opportunity, given that he followed AJ there.

I don’t wanna overstate the importance of chemistry between QB and C, but surely it’s important so Bodine did the best he could do, given his situation.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 12:09 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: The Buffalo Bills: The gift that keeps on giving all off season.

We fixed their "haven't been to the playoffs in 17 years" problem.

In return, they fixed:

McCarron threads/posters
Bodine
Upgraded Ogbuehi
Swapping Minter for Preston Brown
Got us in better position to draft a Center (hopefully)

On top of all the donations to Andy's charity. It's been an interesting little love fest.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 01:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: On top of all the donations to Andy's charity. It's been an interesting little love fest.

Yes, but all this man love is a tad bit disturbing.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 06:15 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Whatever Bodine’s flaws were here, he sure set himself up to be the starter in Buffalo.

I’m not sure of their situation at Center, I think I’ve read they are lacking. Still, Russell chose the one place that gives him the best opportunity, given that he followed AJ there.

I don’t wanna overstate the importance of chemistry between QB and C, but surely it’s important so Bodine did the best he could do, given his situation.

Not sure about that. The contract was only $5 mill over two years. I think the Bills will (or should) draft a C early such that Bodine doesn't have to be gifted the starting role.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 01:36 PM)Beaker Wrote: Yes, but all this man love is a tad bit disturbing.

[Image: 623bcc35560ce3fdf013f811999b893d53410a5f...676df3.jpg]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 06:15 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Whatever Bodine’s flaws were here, he sure set himself up to be the starter in Buffalo.

Wasn't it their center that had to retire due to a spinal/head injury?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 01:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Not sure about that. The contract was only $5 mill over two years. I think the Bills will (or should) draft a C early such that Bodine doesn't have to be gifted the starting role.

I’ve read that he turned down more money on a longer deal here, to sign there.

I think he’s betting on himself a little by signing with Buffalo. I think he realizes that following AJ gives him a leg up, considering their chemistry together. Buffalo may well draft a C but Bodine has set himself up at least initially to take control of the starting gig there. I could be wrong though.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2018, 07:26 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: I’ve read that he turned down more money on a longer deal here, to sign there.

I think he’s betting on himself a little by signing with Buffalo. I think he realizes that following AJ gives him a leg up, considering their chemistry together. Buffalo may well draft a C but Bodine has set himself up at least initially to take control of the starting gig there. I could be wrong though.

That’s only partially true. The Bengals offered a long-term deal with little guaranteed money. Bodine thought he could get a more lucrative offer with more guanteed money.

Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote