Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Easter
(04-04-2016, 10:17 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: In fact, there has been extensive and exhaustive debate about what the Ten Commandments are, as well.

There have been different versions among different denominations. ThumbsUp

Yes, my post is certainly "Christian Theology-centric". But then again, this is an Easter thread. ThumbsUp

1. And those clowns still can't name ten, and often fail to name even one, LOL.

2. Indeed, but as I believe was mentioned days ago, there is the little matter of Jesus being a historical figure (according to most) but not divine according to all, and there is also the matter of his Jewishness (in spite of his golden blonde hair and dazzling blue eyes which all authentic photos and portraits of him clearly show). Wink
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
The laws/commandments given are to teach people what is sin.

Its a starting point.

Animal sacrifice was accepted as payment to cover the sin.

God is just and the wages of sin is death. So there must be payment or there will be death.

Jesus was given as the perfect sacrifice. Once and forever to cover all sin. If you accept this free gift.

The Bible from cover to cover is about how to live your life. The stories of Jesus for example show you how to live and deal with many different situations. Psalms. Proverbs. The Gospels. Through the whole Bible there are teachings on what is and isn't acceptable to God.

The reason the Bible makes since to me is because I have read it several times, studied the Bible and have listened to many different teachers(some good, some not so good). It takes time to work to a better understanding of it. I don't think that I can convince anyone on a forum one way or the other but I guess I can give my 2 cents.

Sometimes on these forum people try to portrait themselves as some kind of expert which I think can be confusing to people and to the topic because 99% of the time they're not, just like I'm not.

To me the best way to understand is to study the Bible first and foremost. Read and study the Bible by itself, leave the religion and denominations out of it and when you get to the parts that don't make since (ask for understanding) and keep reading (it all ties together) and when you get to the parts that you don't agree with you got some work to do and changing to do(me too).

We are all sinners. Guilty of the least of these, guilty of all. God wants us all ,not just some of us.

And by the way someone mentioned the Jews earlier:Jesus was a Jew, we got the Bible from the Jews. Through the Jews we have been blessed.

The Bible takes you from the Law >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all the way to Grace.

Anyway thats my 2 cents.
(04-06-2016, 03:43 PM)tigerseye Wrote: The laws/commandments given are to teach people what is sin.

Its a starting point.

Animal sacrifice was accepted as payment to cover the sin.

God is just and the wages of sin is death. So there must be payment or there will be death.

Jesus was given as the perfect sacrifice. Once and forever to cover all sin. If you accept this free gift.

The Bible from cover to cover is about how to live your life. The stories of Jesus for example show you how to live and deal with many different situations. Psalms. Proverbs. The Gospels. Through the whole Bible there are teachings on what is and isn't acceptable to God.

The reason the Bible makes since to me is because I have read it several times, studied the Bible and have listened to many different teachers(some good, some not so good). It takes time to work to a better understanding of it. I don't think that I can convince anyone on a forum one way or the other but I guess I can give my 2 cents.

Sometimes on these forum people try to portrait themselves as some kind of expert which I think can be confusing to people and to the topic because 99% of the time they're not, just like I'm not.

To me the best way to understand is to study the Bible first and foremost. Read and study the Bible by itself, leave the religion and denominations out of it and when you get to the parts that don't make since (ask for understanding) and keep reading (it all ties together) and when you get to the parts that you don't agree with you got some work to do and changing to do(me too).

We are all sinners. Guilty of the least of these, guilty of all. God wants us all ,not just some of us.

And by the way someone mentioned the Jews earlier:Jesus was a Jew, we got the Bible from the Jews. Through the Jews we have been blessed.

The Bible takes you from the Law >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all the way to Grace.

Anyway thats my 2 cents.

Good post. Allow me to add that Jesus often referred to humanity as sheep. Why? 'Cause sheep are dumb. Just sayin'. ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
(04-06-2016, 03:43 PM)tigerseye Wrote: To me the best way to understand is to study the Bible first and foremost. Read and study the Bible by itself, leave the religion and denominations out of it and when you get to the parts that don't make since (ask for understanding)

This is the part where I always get stuck.

What do you mean by "ask for understanding"?
(04-06-2016, 03:43 PM)tigerseye Wrote: Animal sacrifice was accepted as payment to cover the sin.

Why do we have to "pay" for forgiveness?

I can forgive people without them paying me anything, so why can't god?
(04-07-2016, 12:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why do we have to "pay" for forgiveness?

I can forgive people without them paying me anything, so why can't god?

GOD did pay for us, we don't pay anything.
(04-07-2016, 02:27 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: GOD did pay for us, we don't pay anything.

Who did he make the payment to?

And why were blood sacrifices required before Jesus?