Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boomer: 'There's no head coaching candidate on the staff'
He also thinks Marvin will retire...

Reply/Quote
Boomers reaction to Hue's name is priceless lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure if it's for the same reason but I fully agree. There's no way I want to see an inside promotion to HC. And I really hope he's right about Marvin retiring !

I've asked myself many times over the last several seasons when is Marvin going to throw in the towel ?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:00 PM)Synric Wrote: Boomers reaction to Hue's name is priceless lol.

Yeah, it was. 

The one thing I disagree with Boomer about is the ownership 'wanting' change. I've seen nothing to indicate that's the case. If Marvin does retire or simply doesn't want to return, then obviously it forces a change...but if he wants to come back, I'm not convinced Mike wouldn't do it.
Reply/Quote
He's right about Hue. Not all great coordinators are built to be head coaches. Dick LeBeau is a prime example. Hue is a great offensive guy but I think he doesn't cut it as the head coach. I don't think his personality is built for that position. He's at his best when he is hands on with his players not playing the politics of the front office.
With all our talk about players underperforming, we haven't paid enough attention to the constant turnover of our coaching staff. Those changes are often immeasurable but can also be unsurmountable

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Love the fact that he wants an offensive coach to be head coach because it has become an offensive league and we need a coach that will go out and win games, not just play not to lose, which is what Marvin does.

I don't think Gruden was too good of a coordinator for us. He did ok, but he didn't understand how to call NFL games and how to situational play call. I know the object on offense is usually to score, but sometimes you need to play ball control and just move the chains. There were a few games he cost us by not killing the clock and always going for the kill shot.

It seems like those points are contradictory, but we need a balance between the two: go out, move the chains, score, but control the clock and the game.

I also like the fact that he sees talent on our team.

Let's hope Mike is listening!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, it was. 

The one thing I disagree with Boomer about is the ownership 'wanting' change. I've seen nothing to indicate that's the case. If Marvin does retire, then obviously it forces a change...but if he wants to come back, I'm not convinced Mike wouldn't do it.

Agreed,

There's very little to no doubt in my mind that if ML walks in to Mike's office at the end of the season and says "give me on more shot" that MB wouldn't do it.

And I'll be shocked beyond belief if MB agrees to the sweeping change that is needed to fix this train wreck. Moving on from PA, basically wholesale change to coaching staff - letting new HC pick staff. Being active in free agency to fix O-line. Etc
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agreed,

There's very little to no doubt in my mind that if ML walks in to Mike's office at the end of the season and says "give me on more shot" that MB wouldn't do it.

And I'll be shocked beyond belief if MB agrees to the sweeping change that is needed to fix this train wreck. Moving on from PA, basically wholesale change to coaching staff - letting new HC pick staff. Being active in free agency to fix O-line. Etc

I would not doubt that Mike would allow Marvin to reset his staff for another shot.

That's why if Paul Alexander is gone then you may see a sweeping change.

Although I have a feeling Guenther would still be retained.

The bad part of this is if (or should I say when) Marvin fails then Mike would never allow someone to sway him or his family again.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
In the end Marvin was a failure. Zero playoff wins in 15 f'n years. Unbelievable.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:40 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: In the end Marvin was a failure. Zero playoff wins in 15 f'n years. Unbelievable.

I agree. I'm going to refrain from saying anything negative about him. He just needs to be gone, sianara, piss off, GTFO, RIP, whatever!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 03:05 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I agree. I'm going to refrain from saying anything negative about him. He just needs to be gone, sianara, piss off, GTFO, RIP, whatever!

I'll drink to that
Reply/Quote
What we need is a front office willing to go all out on improving the team. If that doesn't happen then it doesn't matter who the head coach will be.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 04:51 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: What we need is a front office willing to go all out on improving the team.  If that doesn't happen then it doesn't matter who the head coach  will be.

100% accurate. We lack passion in this organization.

Reply/Quote
Preach it Boomer! Yes, we desperately need an offensive guy, and he's right about there being no good candidates (period) in the current staff.

Scrap everything and start over. Hopefully Mike Brown feels the same, although I somehow feel he'll disappoint us.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:40 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: In the end Marvin was a failure. Zero playoff wins in 15 f'n years. Unbelievable.

I was so stoked about the guy back in 2003, when I was only 22 years old. If you would've told me he'd be around til I was 37...without winning a single damn playoff game, I probably would've looked for a new team immediately.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
For once that lunkhead said something intelligent.

I mean, nice thoughts, Boomer.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 01:49 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: He also thinks Marvin will retire...

I actually agree with the idiot Boomer for once...........hmmm just as I said need to hire an offensive guy!!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:08 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, it was. 

The one thing I disagree with Boomer about is the ownership 'wanting' change. I've seen nothing to indicate that's the case. If Marvin does retire or simply doesn't want to return, then obviously it forces a change...but if he wants to come back, I'm not convinced Mike wouldn't do it.

The only sliver of hope that he does want change, would be that none of the current staff has a contract for next year. 

So, he would be free to wipe it all out and start from scratch. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Worst case scenario is that Marv still has the urge to coach and Brown allows him to "reboot" with an entire new staff. 

It wouldn't be the first time for a Marv reboot, and since it's been done with players, it's not illogical for MB to think that it's a smarter thing to do that complete change. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only sliver of hope that he does want change, would be that none of the current staff has a contract for next year. 

So, he would be free to wipe it all out and start from scratch. 

Yeah, the situation is set up perfectly to completely revamp the coaching staff with fresh voices, ideas and approaches. 

Let's hope Mike takes advantage of that.  Pray

Quote:Worst case scenario is that Marv still has the urge to coach and Brown allows him to "reboot" with an entire new staff. 

Just the idea of a 16th year...Sick
Reply/Quote