Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boomer: 'There's no head coaching candidate on the staff'
The entire staff has to go.
HC down to the lowest ranking assistant.

Full house cleaning. Start fresh.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:40 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: The entire staff has to go.
HC down to the lowest ranking assistant.

Full house cleaning. Start fresh.

And the current owner and "GM" needs to turn control of the team over to someone else. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The only sliver of hope that he does want change, would be that none of the current staff has a contract for next year. 

So, he would be free to wipe it all out and start from scratch. 

I'm hoping the no contracts means something ? But I'm afraid it doesn't !

Mike cringes at changing a single coach, let alone wholesale clean sweeps.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:06 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was so stoked about the guy back in 2003, when I was only 22 years old. If you would've told me he'd be around til I was 37...without winning a single damn playoff game, I probably would've looked for a new team immediately.

30 years ago, I was 18 as I watched the Bengals lose their second Superbowl of my lifetime, a heartbreaker at that.  If someone could have told me that in the next 30 years, they would never make it back to the Championship game, I would have never believed them.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: And the current owner and "GM" needs to turn control of the team over to someone else. 

Yep. It's the only way things will change. Until then, I'm team fun. 
Get me a fun HC and a fun QB
Reply/Quote
I like what the Bengals are doing on defense and while I don't want Paul Guenther as the Bengals HC I wouldn't mind if they kept the defensive staff intact.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:48 PM)Synric Wrote: I like what the Bengals are doing on defense and while I don't want Paul Guenther as the Bengals HC I wouldn't mind if they kept the defensive staff intact.

He keeps playing MJ at DE and dropping DEs in coverage when they shouldn't. 
He can go too.

Our safeties as a whole have taken HUGE steps back this year. 

Clean house. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He keeps playing MJ at DE and dropping DEs in coverage when they shouldn't. 
He can go too.

Clean house. 

Yup. ERR eee buddy gone.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:50 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He keeps playing MJ at DE and dropping DEs in coverage when they shouldn't. 
He can go too.

Clean house. 

Meh I think it's unfair to judge PG really. In his time as the DC the Bengals have had only one solid year of offense but the defense has been solid.

As for MJ playing it's true myself I'd like to see Chris Smith start on the weak side but there has been a heavy rotation on the defensive line everyone is getting snaps.

PG did move on from Sims pretty quickly to Billings and I felt thr inside was having a bigger issue than the defensive ends.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I’m for taking a wrecking ball to the entire coaching staff and making a clean start.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:56 PM)Synric Wrote: Meh I think it's unfair to judge PG really. In his time as the DC the Bengals have had only one solid year of offense, but the defense has been solid.

As for MJ playing it's true myself I'd like to see Chris Smith start on the weak side but there has been a heavy rotation on the defensive line everyone is getting snaps.

PG did move on from Sims pretty quickly to Billings and I felt thr inside was having a bigger issue than the defensive ends.

No, he didn't move on from Sims. Sims got hurt. 
That's a HUGE difference. It forced their hand. 

The defense has been okay. It's largely at it's best when injuries force them to do the right thing. 
They kept running Josh Shaw out there and costing the defense big plays. For all the shit Kirk picks up here, Shaw has been a far bigger weak link than Dre. 
Iloka has been flat out bad this year too. 
Did he just play William Jackson III because he's better than Pacman? No. He was forced to by injury or suspension. When Pac was healthy, he was out there getting beat up because he's a vet and Jackson isnt. Don't give this team credit for things they don't actually want to do.

MJ should never take a rep at DE. He's garbage there. He needs to be inside at DT to be his most effective. It's a disservice to the team and to MJ to keep running him out at DE.

But the point is, he's a Marvin disciple. He's gotta go. No one from Lewis' coaching tree can be here. It has to be a clean break. 
Reply/Quote
Jay Gruden will be the next head coach.
Reply/Quote
My fear is the team bringing in some no-name HC with the bare minimum experience who has no ability to impose his will on players, become instantly disrespected and loses the team before the season even begins.. then sticks around for several years..  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 10:02 PM)grampahol Wrote: My fear is the team bringing in some no-name HC with the bare minimum experience who has no ability to impose his will on players, become instantly disrespected and loses the team before the season even begins.. then sticks around for several years..  

We're hiring Dave Shula again?

Sick Sick Sick
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Scrap everything and start over. Hopefully Mike Brown feels the same, although I somehow feel he'll disappoint us.

Unfortunately I see Mike Brown saying something like, "I like what we have, we need to get better yes...but I believe we have what it takes"

That would be your typical BS Mike Brown statement and then resign Marvin...
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 11:16 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: We're hiring Dave Shula again?

Sick Sick Sick

Dave Shula Jr.  Yes Help Hammer :whiteflag: Facepalm

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I would not doubt that Mike would allow Marvin to reset his staff for another shot.

That's why if Paul Alexander is gone then you may see a sweeping change.

Although I have a feeling Guenther would still be retained.

The bad part of this is if (or should I say when) Marvin fails then Mike would never allow someone to sway him or his family again.

I don't think Marvin would do it though. I think for the past 2 years that Marvin knew this would be his last year.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 05:48 PM)Synric Wrote: I like what the Bengals are doing on defense and while I don't want Paul Guenther as the Bengals HC I wouldn't mind if they kept the defensive staff intact.

What happens to a regular organization when they change head coaches?  Does the HC bring in all of his own guys or does the owner keep who he wants? Some of both?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 04:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 100% accurate. We lack passion in this organization.

And a guy at the top to try something like this...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000879901/article/broncos-players-take-issue-with-elways-soft-label

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2017, 12:00 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't think Marvin would do it though. I think for the past 2 years that Marvin knew this would be his last year.
You're probably right.

However Marvin is not firing anyone from the current staff.

Only not hiring them.

Big difference in Mike Brown's book IMO.

At any rate it's probably Marvin's way or he leaves is what I'm alluding to.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote