Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Boomer wants new jerseys
https://www.google.com/amp/s/bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/15/boomer-esiason-wants-bengals-redo-horrific-uniforms-jerseys/amp/

Would have been nice now with Burrow and all... maybe within the next 3 years. I agree the Oklahoma State jerseys he is referring to are pretty sharp. Basically all black jersey top with orange numbers. Pretty slick with the black pants. Would be really sweet with our helmet. Also mentions white alternative jerseys...
Reply/Quote
I’m all for new jerseys, but I completely disagree our current ones are “horrific.”

Whatever happens we better keep the color rush.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 12:36 AM)The Stars In Stripes Wrote: https://www.google.com/amp/s/bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/05/15/boomer-esiason-wants-bengals-redo-horrific-uniforms-jerseys/amp/

Would have been nice now with Burrow and all... maybe within the next 3 years. I agree the Oklahoma State jerseys he is referring to are pretty sharp. Basically all black jersey top with orange numbers. Pretty slick with the black pants. Would be really sweet with our helmet. Also mentions white alternative jerseys...

It really takes 3 years after applying with the league for new uniforms to be released? What kind of horse $hit...?
Reply/Quote
I like our orange jerseys, they should be the full time jersey.

IMO the color rush with a white version of the helmet would be the way to go. Just become a white tiger team.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 01:26 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I like our orange jerseys, they should be the full time jersey.

IMO the color rush with a white version of the helmet would be the way to go. Just become a white tiger team.

I understand being curious to see how the color rush would look with a white helmet, but I guess I’m in the minority that thinks they looks great as is. The jerseys do have subtle orange accents anyway (around the name font, and the B logo and Nike swoosh).

Reply/Quote
I think the color rush jerseys we have are the best jersey in the game period. I wish they would just keep that design and do all black with orange stripes and have those two be our jerseys. All white and all black with a color rush being an orange jersey.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 01:18 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m all for new jerseys, but I completely disagree our current ones are “horrific.”

Whatever happens we better keep the color rush.

This.  And a "white out" effect with a white helmet would be wicked cool.  Could have a PSU-like atmosphere at a home game, but some might call a white-out racist....which would be dumb.  

I just hope whatever individual is in charge of uniforms does't make the stupid mistake of wearing black in the heat when you were the home team.  Dumb, dumb, dumb...dumb.

If they were to make an all-black uniform with the current helmet, you could bet they would cook in a road game somewhere like Miami or Tampa....
Reply/Quote
Couple of thoughts.... Boomer hasn't been the biggest Bengals fan for years, now it seems he's jumping back on the bandwagon. I've always like Boomer, but this is pretty transparent. Secondly, I like our jerseys. I don't think there's a thing wrong with them. My favorite, outside of the color rush, is the white with black pants or black with white pants. Not a fan of the solid orange. And thirdly, as Boomer should know, league rules forbid helmet color changes so a white helmet with the color rush is not an option.
Reply/Quote
I guess I am in the minority in that I'm not big on the color rush jersey. I prefer the other 3 over it. Although I still like the prior jersey over those (the ones last used in 2003).
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 01:20 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: It really takes 3 years after applying with the league for new uniforms to be released? What kind of horse $hit...?

It’s all about The Shield and the owners liquidating the existing merch, and making them profits. If they had a short window for uni changeovers then a bunch of kids in Africa would be rocking discontinued team gear.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 10:41 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: It’s all about The Shield and the owners liquidating the existing merch, and making them profits.  If they had a short window for uni changeovers then a bunch of kids in Africa would be rocking discontinued team gear.

I/m not sure about that, they still have to stock merchandise in that 3rd year. I think it has more to do with who gets the contract every three years... be it Nike, Reebok, etc.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 10:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Couple of thoughts.... Boomer hasn't been the biggest Bengals fan for years, now it seems he's jumping back on the bandwagon. I've always like Boomer, but this is pretty transparent. Secondly, I like our jerseys. I don't think there's a thing wrong with them. My favorite, outside of the color rush, is the white with black pants or black with white pants. Not a fan of the solid orange. And thirdly, as Boomer should know, league rules forbid helmet color changes so a white helmet with the color rush is not an option.

Boomer Esiason has hated the Bengals for years as a commentator which is why I consider him a former New York Jet. It’s too late for him to jump on the bandwagon now. With respect to uniform as long as the helmet stays striped with no logo I’m fine with it. It’s the most perfect headgear in all of sports.
Reply/Quote
Why change what is already more unique than other helmets and uniforms..
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 10:39 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I guess I am in the minority in that I'm not big on the color rush jersey.  I prefer the other 3 over it.  Although I still like the prior jersey over those (the ones last used in 2003).

Yeah, I don't hate it but I definitely don't see the hype for them. 

I have never liked the orange jerseys. It just looks clownish to me.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 10:39 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Couple of thoughts.... Boomer hasn't been the biggest Bengals fan for years, now it seems he's jumping back on the bandwagon. I've always like Boomer, but this is pretty transparent. Secondly, I like our jerseys. I don't think there's a thing wrong with them. My favorite, outside of the color rush, is the white with black pants or black with white pants. Not a fan of the solid orange. And thirdly, as Boomer should know, league rules forbid helmet color changes so a white helmet with the color rush is not an option.

I know it's a rule about the helmet, but I could swear that I've seen the Broncos wearing their old helmets a time or two, as does the Packers and even the Patriots did one time. 
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 10:39 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: I guess I am in the minority in that I'm not big on the color rush jersey.  I prefer the other 3 over it.  Although I still like the prior jersey over those (the ones last used in 2003).

I'm with ya on that.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  And a "white out" effect with a white helmet would be wicked cool.  Could have a PSU-like atmosphere at a home game, but some might call a white-out racist....which would be dumb.  

I just hope whatever individual is in charge of uniforms does't make the stupid mistake of wearing black in the heat when you were the home team.  Dumb, dumb, dumb...dumb.

If they were to make an all-black uniform with the current helmet, you could bet they would cook in a road game somewhere like Miami or Tampa....

Exactly. Although black may look cool, you don’t want to battle the sun.

Reply/Quote
The all black gives me bad memories of Palmer’s leg injury. After the color rush my favorite uniform we have is the orange jerseys with the white pants. Call it creamsicle if you want, but I think they’re sharp as hell.

I’d rank them: color rush>orange>black>>>white. Our road whites are the only ones I find kind of boring.

Reply/Quote
(05-16-2020, 11:24 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Boomer Esiason has hated the Bengals for years as a commentator which is why I consider him a former New York Jet.  It’s too late for him to jump on the bandwagon now. With respect to uniform as long as the helmet stays striped with no logo I’m fine with it. It’s the most perfect headgear in all of sports.

We have obviously watched different Boomers over the years. Seems he's more in the Bengal's corner than most. I've seen he snap back at The Chin on a few occasions. 

As to the OP: Yeah, it's time for a change. We changed to the Stripes in 81 and went to the Superbowl (Damn you Pete Johnson) let change in up again in 21 and see if we can get similar/better results
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Awesome to see Boomer and the likes of Kenny, Munoz, and Chad serving as ambassador's to the Bengals.

New uniforms, yes please!
Reply/Quote