Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosa/2017 draft
So as the resident osu homer i decided to post this just to spite a couple people but the actual thread is all seriousness bosa has said he would sit out multiple games or a whole season so if he sits out a whole season he would not get drafted number 3 overall and how pretty much everyone thinks we need a backup end who can be great why not get bosa if he falls to us in the first round of the draft? He is predicted as the next jj watt he can play end or tackle johnson is 29 peko is 31 atkins 28 dunlap is 27 should start drafting replacements and why not draft him if he falls to us i realize he would be out of football for a year but he has a high motor and took on triple teams every play in college but still got to the qb a ton and i think he could fall quite a bit so i would jump at the oppurtunity to get a backup end who would start in 2 years when johnson hits peko age
Reply/Quote
I thought he was a PERFECT fit for this defense. A guy that could line up at RDE and rush the pass on early downs, and able to kick inside on third down and long. I loved this guy's talent, but I didn't see a scenario where he could fall far enough to warrant a trade up to get him.

This isn't an OSU homer thing. IMHO, our biggest missing piece of the puzzle has been a LB that can cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield (Vigil, maybe Dawson...check) and a RDE that can generate pressure with the best of them. I love MJ but he simply doesn't generate that kind of pressure, although to be fair he played injured all of last year.

Bosa rotating with MJ on early downs and kicking inside on third and long was a dream to me for this defense.

Maybe he falls all the way to #32 next year, although I doubt it. He will end up signing very soon.

I know this, he doesn't need the money this year. He comes from a lot of money. Too bad he missed his window for a trade, but now this pissing match would only get him to re-enter next year's draft and he could end up somewhere he has even less interest in playing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 07:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought he was a PERFECT fit for this defense.  A guy that could line up at RDE and rush the pass on early downs, and able to kick inside on third down and long.  I loved this guy's talent, but I didn't see a scenario where he could fall far enough to warrant a trade up to get him.

This isn't an OSU homer thing.  IMHO, our biggest missing piece of the puzzle has been a LB that can cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield (Vigil, maybe Dawson...check) and a RDE that can generate pressure with the best of them.  I love MJ but he simply doesn't generate that kind of pressure, although to be fair he played injured all of last year.  

Bosa rotating with MJ on early downs and kicking inside on third and long was a dream to me for this defense.

Maybe he falls all the way to #32 next year, although I doubt it.  He will end up signing very soon.  

I know this, he doesn't need the money this year.  He comes from a lot of money.  Too bad he missed his window for a trade, but now this pissing match would only get him to re-enter next year's draft and he could end up somewhere he has even less interest in playing.

I agree with this 100 percent in all aspect and on a third and long im drooling at a front 7 of dunlap, atkins, billings, bosa, burfict, vigil, and rey... I think he could drop to 12-18 at which point we could trade a couple comp picks and/ or mccarron to move up and get him he could fall even farther after being out of football for a year and bengals would be perfect not jjst for the defensive scheme but also after the san deigo fiasco he wants someone he can trust and we take care of our own.
Reply/Quote
PASS ON BOSA
Reply/Quote
Bosa would be a good fit here. SD basically flushing a top 5 pick to save a few bucks seems amazingly unlikely, though. At best, they trade him to someone else, which seems only slightly less likely.
Reply/Quote
Is Bosa not happy at San Diego?
Reply/Quote
Yes, I would trade for him. He could be an impact player. Opposite Carlos, that would be quite a pairing.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 11:28 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Yes, I would trade for him.  He could be an impact player.  Opposite Carlos, that would be quite a pairing.

I don't know, Bosa is acting like a huge doucher. He would get his money either way, he just wants it all now without giving some concession to the organization. ....Hard Pass. 
Reply/Quote
Hey now, the last guy who wanted out of SD won 2 Super Bowls with his new team. I'm open to talks!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 11:50 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: I don't know, Bosa is acting like a huge doucher. He would get his money either way, he just wants it all now without giving some concession to the organization. ....Hard Pass. 

Bosa doesn't want any offset. In SD's defense, they moved from 57% offset to 85%. The same thing's happened a time or two since the new CBA. Didn't Goff get it taken out of his? I don't think there was a lot of fuss about it.
Reply/Quote
McCarron for Bosa straight up.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:01 PM)Benton Wrote: Bosa doesn't want any offset. In SD's defense, they moved from 57% offset to 85%. The same thing's happened a time or two since the new CBA. Didn't Goff get it taken out of his? I don't think there was a lot of fuss about it.

Most players get one or the other, no offset language or the full upfront signing bonus. Bosa wants both.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:10 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Most players get one or the other, no offset language or the full upfront signing bonus. Bosa wants both.

If these are his demands across the board, regardless of which team, the Bengals are very unlikely to concede.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:07 PM)Beaker Wrote: McCarron for Bosa straight up.

Heck will sweeten it, 

McCarron, Hunt, and Nugent for Bosa 

Might even throw in Tate if they play hardball. lol

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 11:01 AM)Benton Wrote: Bosa would be a good fit here. SD basically flushing a top 5 pick to save a few bucks seems amazingly unlikely, though. At best, they trade him to someone else, which seems only slightly less likely.
Since he didn't sign by August 10th they can't trade his rights to another team

I don't know, Bosa is acting like a huge doucher. He would get his money either way, he just wants it all now without giving some concession to the organization. ....Hard Pass. 
[/quote]
He wants either the full money now or the offset language out of the contract either or and the Chargers won't give up either
Most players get one or the other, no offset language or the full upfront signing bonus. Bosa wants both.
[/quote]

Boss wants one or the other the Chargers are refusing to budge on the offset language or the guaranteed money bc they have precedent but they never pick in the top 5 where the precedent is one of the other
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 01:10 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Most players get one or the other, no offset language or the full upfront signing bonus. Bosa wants both.

I am pretty sure Bosa is in the right here, just look at the Chargers past. 

Also 9 times out of 10 the side that starts making things public to make a guy look bad is in the wrong, Them releasing details of what they claimed they offered him followed by them saying every minute he waits the offer goes down is extremely unprofessional.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 07:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I thought he was a PERFECT fit for this defense.  A guy that could line up at RDE and rush the pass on early downs, and able to kick inside on third down and long.  I loved this guy's talent, but I didn't see a scenario where he could fall far enough to warrant a trade up to get him.

This isn't an OSU homer thing.  IMHO, our biggest missing piece of the puzzle has been a LB that can cover TEs and RBs out of the backfield (Vigil, maybe Dawson...check) and a RDE that can generate pressure with the best of them.  I love MJ but he simply doesn't generate that kind of pressure, although to be fair he played injured all of last year.  

Maybe he falls all the way to #32 next year, although I doubt it.  He will end up signing very soon.  

I know this, he doesn't need the money this year.  He comes from a lot of money.  Too bad he missed his window for a trade, but now this pissing match would only get him to re-enter next year's draft and he could end up somewhere he has even less interest in playing.

Completely agree on Bosa's talent and anyway we could get him in stripes i would be for...

I just don't understand the situation, what is going on to where Bosa falls to #32 again?

Haven't been following?
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree on Bosa's talent and anyway we could get him in stripes i would be for...

I just don't understand the situation, what is going on to where Bosa falls to #32 again?

Haven't been following?

Some folks are talking trade with SD for Bosa...throwing around names like McCarron, etc.  In reality, there is no way he can be traded from SD.  His options are as follows:  Sign with SD and play this year for them or re-enter the 2017 draft.  

I get both sides of the argument.  SD doesn't want to get strong-armed in to giving up something that is designed to protect them from having to pay if he is released and signs elsewhere.  Bosa wants to make it such that if he is a poor fit as a 5-technique (which I would never use the #3 overall pick for to begin with) and is released that he still collects his rookie contract and whatever he earns from a new team.  

I'm beginning to wonder, since he hasn't signed yet (and I thought for sure he would today) that he may in fact be thinking about re-entering the draft next year.  Maybe he doesn't want to play 5-technique.  I don't know.  He is rolling the dice that a 4-3 team would take him and early enough that he would get maximum dollars.  If he doesn't sign with them soon, it will be interesting to see how the next draft unfolds for him.  
Reply/Quote
Holy Bat *$#@ Batman.  Can't believe that this guy is even in the discussion about  even being a Bengal.  Really!!!!!  He's a big cry baby that hasn't proved a thing in the NFL.  He's a "bad news bear" anyway you look at it.  Bring him at the minimum 4th round draft pick and see if he can earn his keep.   Good grief!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 02:05 AM)Jpoore Wrote: So as the resident osu homer i decided to post this just to spite a couple people but the actual thread is all seriousness bosa has said he would sit out multiple games or a whole season so if he sits out a whole season he would not get drafted number 3 overall and how pretty much everyone thinks we need a backup end who can be great why not get bosa if he falls to us in the first round of the draft? He is predicted as the next jj watt he can play end or tackle johnson is 29 peko is 31 atkins 28 dunlap is 27 should start drafting replacements and why not draft him if he falls to us i realize he would be out of football for a year but he has a high motor and took on triple teams every play in college but still got to the qb a ton and i think he could fall quite a bit so i would jump at the oppurtunity to get a backup end who would start in 2 years when johnson hits peko age

Never was so much written by so few with so little punctuation. 

-Winston Churchill 
Reply/Quote