Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boyd seeking 10M a year, wants to stay
(05-24-2019, 01:29 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Give Boyd a 5 year deal, Green a 2 year deal.
By the time Boyd's in his 3rd year, he will be a bargain if he continues to play at the same level and some stupid teams are always jacking the price up per position. So to me, $10-11/year is a current fair market value.

The money won't be an issue for him or Green to keep both.

Dennard, Brown Eifert, Glen (even Hart if needed) will give us plenty of money. even if we do sign McCoy, the moneys still there.

AJ, a 3 year deal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 09:29 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Why isnt it done?

Exactly.

Shepard 4 yrs $41/mil
Golden Tate 4 yrs $37.5 mil
Jamison Crowder 3 yrs $28.5
Tyrell Williams 4 yrs $44 mil
John Brown 3 yrs $27 mil
Adam freaking Humphries 4 yr $36 mil

Most of those are $9+ mil a yr and I’d take Boyd over any of them based on age and his performance these last few years. $10 mil or so will be a steal in a year or two if healthy. Just do it
Reply/Quote
Make it so!

Maybe we'll get a dual Green/Boyd signing day like we did with Atkins/Dunlap last year?
Reply/Quote
I say pay the man, he's worth it. Heck, as long as you're at the table, why not ink him to a 5 year extension? $10M/per seems high for a WR2 right now, but 2-3 years down the road that will be the going rate. Personally, I think they would be smarter to extend him now, as opposed to after the season. I can foresee him having a really good year, then his value only goes up from where it is now..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Tyler Boyd=Sterling Shepard.

Offer him the exact same contract.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 02:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: AJ, a 3 year deal.

Yep, I'm fine with that.

Base it off of his play this next year, stays healthy all year and does good, 3 years 15 mil, doesn't, then either 2 years 15 or 3 years less than 15. But no matter what, AJ's money is already there waiting for him.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 10:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: $10.25 mil per year would make him about the 20th highest paid WR in the league. 

Rank among WRs last year

Yds...………....16th
rec...……...…..16th
tds…………......13th
rec 20+ yds.....7th
yds/rec...…….16th (among 46 WRs with at least 50 receptions)

And he had zero fumbles.

And he will be just 24 years old when the season begins.

Pay the man.  He is better than the #1 WR on half the teams in the league and he is just entering his prime.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 02:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Tyler Boyd=Sterling Shepard.

Offer him the exact same contract.

I think he is actually a little better, because he has a bit more versatility. Either way, yes I think that contract makes a lot of sense for him. 
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rank among WRs last year

Yds...………....16th
rec...……...…..16th
tds…………......13th
rec 20+ yds.....7th

And he had zero fumbles.

Pay the man.  He is better than the #1 WR on half the teams in the league and he is just entering his prime.

Absolutely fred......and a lot of those catches were crucial drive extending plays on 3rd and even 4th down.  Just get it done Bengals, I think you're getting a fine deal.  Damn near a hometown discount if you extend far enough.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rank among WRs last year

Yds...………....16th
rec...……...…..16th
tds…………......13th
rec 20+ yds.....7th

And he had zero fumbles.

Good stuff Fred, yeah, Boyd just came into his own, it is time to pay him. The clutch catches were what really impressed me last season. He reminds me of Housh a lot and might even be smoother out there. It is time and we have plenty of dough to make it happen.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 04:16 PM)Wyche Wrote:  a lot of those catches were crucial drive extending plays on 3rd and even 4th down. 

(05-24-2019, 04:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  The clutch catches were what really impressed me last season. 

These numbers don't sound right, but according to Profootballreference.com on third and 5 or longer Boyd was targeted 17 times, made 16 catches, and converted 15 first downs.

On fourth down he was targeted 3 times, made 3 catches, and converted all three for first downs.
Reply/Quote
Give the boy the deal, I would say £10m a year would be a very good deal for us with the way other WR are getting paid.
AJ won't last another 3 years with his injuries lately and we need to make sure we have Boyd tied up.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 11:52 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The funny thing is some fans seem to only want the Bengals to sign guys to value deals...even our own players.

We don't participate heavily in external free agency. If we start being stingy with our own guys...where are we getting players for our roster from?

They act like we have to chip in on that salary. We all know they won't use it on external players, we might as well pay our guys that deserve it.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 05:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: These numbers don't sound right, but according to Profootballreference.com on third and 5 or longer Boyd was targeted 17 times, made 16 catches, and converted 15 first downs.

On fourth down he was targeted 3 times, made 3 catches, and converted all three for first downs.

They might be right. I seem to remember him being the go to guy a lot in these situations.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 02:44 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Exactly.

Shepard 4 yrs $41/mil
Golden Tate 4 yrs $37.5 mil
Jamison Crowder 3 yrs $28.5
Tyrell Williams 4 yrs $44 mil
John Brown 3 yrs $27 mil
Adam freaking Humphries 4 yr $36 mil

Most of those are $9+ mil a yr and I’d take Boyd over any of them based on age and his performance these last few years. $10 mil or so will be a steal in a year or two if healthy. Just do it

I think the word "freaking" should've been between Tyrell and Williams.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 05:56 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Give the boy the deal, I would say £10m a year would be a very good deal for us with the way other WR are getting paid.
AJ won't last another 3 years with his injuries lately and we need to make sure we have Boyd tied up.

That is a great point, and all the more reason to lock down Boyd to a 5 year extension.  Hopefully John Ross lives up to his draft position, and between the two of them, they can manage to take the load off of AJ.  AJ Green is still a special player, he just needs to not be getting targeted 120 times/season anymore.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pay this man
Reply/Quote
I think this should be a no brainer. Boyd is awesome and still getting better, and he's a good dude.
Reply/Quote
Seems reasonable. Get it done.
Reply/Quote
If he comes out of the gates playing like he means business? Fork out the dough and make it so!
Reply/Quote