Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Boyd seeking 10M a year, wants to stay
It has less to do with the "10mil a year" and more about guaranteed and signing bonuses. How many years is the contracts for AJ and Boyd going to be so they can spread out what's likely going to be two huge signing bonuses.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 03:28 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And he also realizes that as AJ slows down, they may switch. The whole narrative that the Bengals didn't pay Jones is bull as well. They offered Jones the same money Detroit did. Jones wanted to be a #1....

Very true. It is time to pay Boyd. You cannot teach clutch it is rare and is how Champions are born.

(05-29-2019, 03:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah it was Jones or Iloka. Once Jones went to Detroit, they shifted the money to Iloka.

Honestly, Marvin Jones isn't a #1 WR.

Tyler Boyd probably isn't either.

One realizes this. The other doesn't.

True, Boyd could be who knows?

It is okay to be confident about your game but humility to go along with confidence is much better.

(05-29-2019, 03:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hell, for 10 mil a year, I'd be happy with 70 catches, 850 yards and 5 TDs... while AJ is here.

If AJ is gone and he becomes the #1, he's gotta OVER produce what he did last year, IMO.

For sure, but we need to bring both back until Ross shows more and everyone knows how i am the biggest Ross defender.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 03:39 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah it was Jones or Iloka. Once Jones went to Detroit, they shifted the money to Iloka.

Honestly, Marvin Jones isn't a #1 WR.

Tyler Boyd probably isn't either.

One realizes this. The other doesn't.

The bottom line is, the Bengals offered Jones #1 money, the same money he got in Detroit. Jones knew playing with Green he would always be a #2 in a smaller marker, as opposed to a #1 in a larger market. He's a businessman, and knew that to grow his brand and get better shoe deals, commercials, endorsement deals, etc., he needed better exposure than he would get playing here. I respect that decision. But the Bengals not wanting to pay him, as many here keep saying, is simply untrue. They offered him more than he is worth.....
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2019, 12:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The bottom line is, the Bengals offered Jones #1 money, the same money he got in Detroit. Jones knew playing with Green he would always be a #2 in a smaller marker, as opposed to a #1 in a larger market. He's a businessman, and knew that to grow his brand and get better shoe deals, commercials, endorsement deals, etc., he needed better exposure than he would get playing here. I respect that decision. But the Bengals not wanting to pay him, as many here keep saying, is simply untrue. They offered him more than he is worth.....

I don't know that he's paid more than he's worth. He makes $7 million a year.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2019, 10:24 AM)depthchart Wrote: Boyd is 24 years old and coming into his Prime years.

Pay the man...

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4059125]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
It's kind of a relief in a way that he's not asking for $12 million a year isn't it?
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2019, 03:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Hell, for 10 mil a year, I'd be happy with 70 catches, 850 yards and 5 TDs... while AJ is here.

If AJ is gone and he becomes the #1, he's gotta OVER produce what he did last year, IMO.

I agree. But as a #1 he wouldn’t be losing throw to AJ so pretty likely he could outperform last years numbers. The kid is good.

Reply/Quote