Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brady Suspension Nullified
(09-03-2015, 04:06 PM)blt4584 Wrote: It's really not unbelievable at all.

The NFL just had a bunch of circumstantial evidence and Goodell gave out a harsher punishment than the league's own rule book states they should for tampering with equipment. The NFL was damned as soon as the case went into a real court room.

So now the NFL will take it again to court to argue that the NFL's court of law, is the only true court for player discipline, when they were the ones who took it to an outside court in the first place......
Reply/Quote
And they will just lose in appellate court - again. They have an insane losing streak in court and it will continue because Gooddell keeps acting like he can just make up policies as he goes.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 03:44 PM)djs7685 Wrote: You really need to cut the bullshit with the politics in Jungle Noise and Around the NFL. You throw in these little jabs just like you did on the old board at Democratic politicians and it adds absolutely nothing except for derailing a thread because someone, me in this case, finds it completely unnecessary and irrelevant to the conversation and the rest of your post. You could have easily just said "or any guilty person". Totally unnecessary to throw that stuff in like you've been known to do in the past.

We get it, you dislike certain politicians, but go take it to PnR and let those guys rip you a new asshole instead of adding that shit in here.

It's Obama's fault 
Reply/Quote
Going forward, they need to change their practices. Had they properly informed Brady of his charges/punishment and made evidence available to him, they would have won.

Transparency.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I wonder if Pittsburgh fans are more upset about this than michael vick,
Reply/Quote
So break the rules to win a championship, get caught red handed and get zero games suspended....

This is exactly why unions across the board need to be abolished.

NFLPA just protects cheaters, drug addicts, and those who assault others.

The scary part is that people are actually high fiving over this stuff cause they are "sticking it to Goodell".

When brady finally gets suspened he will retire. Like Pat Williams.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 05:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So break the rules to win a championship, get caught red handed and get zero games suspended....  

This is exactly why unions across the board need to be abolished.    

NFLPA just protects cheaters, drug addicts, and those who assault others.    

The scary part is that people are actually high fiving over this stuff cause they are "sticking it to Goodell".    

When brady finally gets suspened he will retire.   Like Pat Williams.

How was Brady caught red-handed?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 05:06 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: How was Brady caught red-handed?

exactly.. Unfortantely the NFL didnt have any solid proof... that brady was behind deflating the balls.

The patriots still received their fine and loss of draft picks (those punishments as far as i know still stand) but as far as suspending brady under one of the current policys they didnt have the legs to stand on in court apparently.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 05:06 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: How was Brady caught red-handed?

Destroyed his phone before it could be checked. If he was so innocent he would have shown them what they needed to make it all go away. He didn't do this because he knew what he ordered those guys to do
Reply/Quote
So all this talk about Brady's balls, was much to do about very little.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 07:21 PM)kevin Wrote: So all this talk about Brady's balls, was much to do about very little.

While I'd certainly argue that all of this is much to do about nothing, a big misconception is that this exonerates Brady, that's far from the truth as well. 

It comes down to that Goodell tried to manufacture a scandal ( or at least take a scandal to higher levels) without having any proof. He hired an investigator to pretty much return the finding that he wanted. He then pulled out an arbitrary punishment without any reasonable precedent. Then he decided that he would serve as the "impartial" arbitrator when impartial is the last thing that he could be, and maintained the ridiculous punishment. Goodell just screwed up at just about every step of the way, and Berman is calling him out on it.  
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 03:53 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ballboys wouldn't mess with the greatest quarterback of all time's footballs without his permission.  

How would they even know how he liked them?

Unbelievable that it was nullified, but typical.

Not that it could be brought up now, but Brady could have always just said that he liked the balls a little on the low side and the ball boy just stuck a needle in there, not realizing he was deflating them beyond the accepted psi.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 11:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Not that it could be brought up now, but Brady could have always just said that he liked the balls a little on the low side and the ball boy just stuck a needle in there, not realizing he was deflating them beyond the accepted psi.

And as much as I think Brady is a dbag in all aspects of life THIS is what I think happened.

The issue being they did it AFTER the balls were approved by the refs.

Had Brady simply said that in January this would have been over by now.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 11219328_524807607674352_521433499004534...e=56AB5AD3]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 04:23 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This had nothing to do with any misconduct related to ball deflation. If you would have been following, it was about the validity of the punishment handed out. Did Tom Brady deserve to be punished because he was found "generally aware" of balls being tampered with and was the 4 game punishment fair?

A guys first offense for an unprecedented crime? Is 4 games really necessary. No it wasn't the judge was right.

Granted this is slightly different because it involved a coach who isn't covered under the CBA but Sean Payton was suspended an entire season for bountygate when there was 0 evidence he knew about it. Not knowing something that was against the rules warrants an entire season, but having "general knowledge" of rules infractions, that you directly benefit from, doesn't warrent anything?

Using the bountygate example, I want to know why belicheat isn't being punished. If Payton loses an entire season for not knowing, why has belicheat gotten off scott free?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:13 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Granted this is slightly different because it involved a coach who isn't covered under the CBA but Sean Payton was suspended an entire season for bountygate when there was 0 evidence he knew about it. Not knowing something that was against the rules warrants an entire season, but having "general knowledge" of rules infractions, that you directly benefit from, doesn't warrent anything?

Using the bountygate example, I want to know why belicheat isn't being punished. If Payton loses an entire season for not knowing, why has belicheat gotten off scott free?

I will join the above poster and go "against the grain."

I really have to say I am shocked by this thread overall. Goodell has made a **** ton of mistakes and been pretty inconsistent throughout his reign, but I really thought Brady and Belichick could be looking at a year suspension apiece, in part due to the points raised above.

Eddie George was on Dan Patrick's show last week and pointed out that the penalty for performance enhancing drugs - which give a competitive advantage - is 4 games. So, tampering with equipment to gain a competitive advantage getting 4 games seemed pretty consistent. Some lone wolf noted in the thread there is no way in hell the equipment guys would alter the balls w/o Brady's knowledge. And, circumstantial evidence he knew condemns him when the circumstantial evidence of him not knowing - the phone he destroyed - was withheld/destroyed by him. In fact, for that, I thought he might deserve more than a year suspension.

Pretty sure the same federal judge that overturned the suspension would have put TB in jail for contempt had he destroyed evidence pertaining to a case in his court. Unless, of course, Brady had some swag for him. I guess swag conquers all.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 11:13 AM)mallorian69 Wrote: Granted this is slightly different because it involved a coach who isn't covered under the CBA but Sean Payton was suspended an entire season for bountygate when there was 0 evidence he knew about it. Not knowing something that was against the rules warrants an entire season, but having "general knowledge" of rules infractions, that you directly benefit from, doesn't warrent anything?

Except for Payton absolutely did know about the bounties, soooo there's that. Not sure where you're reading that there was zero evidence. 

I can get that people think Brady deserves a suspension. He probably does, but Goodell went about it the worst possible way imaginable, and he's reaping what he sowed.

But to claiming Belichick deserves a suspension? That's crazy.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 02:49 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Except for Payton absolutely did know about the bounties, soooo there's that. Not sure where you're reading that there was zero evidence. 

I can get that people think Brady deserves a suspension. He probably does, but Goodell went about it the worst possible way imaginable, and he's reaping what he sowed.  

But to claiming Belichick deserves a suspension? That's crazy.

When Payton was suspended the commish insisted that "ignorance is no excuse".  So even if BB didn't know anything (he did) the precedent was set.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 03:46 PM)GMDino Wrote: When Payton was suspended the commish insisted that "ignorance is no excuse".  So even if BB didn't know anything (he did) the precedent was set.

That would make sense if Paytons only defense was ignorance, instead of getting an email referencing the bounties, reading it, and doing nothing about it.

People looking for a Belichick suspension are really reaching on this one.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2015, 05:46 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: That would make sense if Paytons only defense was ignorance, instead of getting an email referencing the bounties, reading it, and doing nothing about it.

People looking for a Belichick suspension are really reaching on this one.

Nonetheless the commissioner said that about Payton.  If that's the truth and if the owner, team and QB can be punished the head coach can be too.
Reply/Quote