Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brainwashed into mediocre.
(09-28-2016, 01:00 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I used to be sort of so-so on Dalton, but as of now could not disagree with you more.  I honestly think the best thing the Bengals can do is to put the game in his hands.  Let him make the presnap reads, call the audible, and decide the play.  Of course, they need to find some way to keep him off his ass all the time, but Dalton can get it done.
If Joe Flacco can win a super bowl, Andy Dalton can too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 02:05 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Andy Dalton can NOT and will not lead us to the promise land....that's been my belief for a long time. And I like the guy, but he lacks courage.

LMFAO.....what? LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 02:39 PM)jason Wrote: If Joe Flacco can win a super bowl, Andy Dalton can too.

.....or Dilfer, or Brad Johnson, or Jeff Hostetler......

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 02:05 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Andy Dalton can NOT and will not lead us to the promise land....that's been my belief for a long time. And I like the guy, but he lacks courage.

[Image: 52830858.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 01:00 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I used to be sort of so-so on Dalton, but as of now could not disagree with you more.  I honestly think the best thing the Bengals can do is to put the game in his hands.  Let him make the presnap reads, call the audible, and decide the play.  Of course, they need to find some way to keep him off his ass all the time, but Dalton can get it done.

Don't get me wrong I really like him, and this has no bearing on him personally, but I just don't think he will get it done for us here in Cincy.  Now... this doesn't mean I don't think he could go somewhere else (and no I am not saying I hope he does) I think he has the ability and the mindset to be a great QB which he is.. if he was around different group of people, coach etc..  I feel he does have the capability to achieve that elusive SB win.  As of right now I don't think he will lead us there.. Something is a miss....  
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 08:19 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Don't get me wrong I really like him, and this has no bearing on him personally, but I just don't think he will get it done for us here in Cincy.  Now... this doesn't mean I don't think he could go somewhere else (and no I am not saying I hope he does) I think he has the ability and the mindset to be a great QB which he is.. if he was around different group of people, coach etc..  I feel he does have the capability to achieve that elusive SB win.  As of right now I don't think he will lead us there.. Something is a miss....  

Coach? Owner? Do tell.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 08:19 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Don't get me wrong I really like him, and this has no bearing on him personally, but I just don't think he will get it done for us here in Cincy.  Now... this doesn't mean I don't think he could go somewhere else (and no I am not saying I hope he does) I think he has the ability and the mindset to be a great QB which he is.. if he was around different group of people, coach etc..  I feel he does have the capability to achieve that elusive SB win.  As of right now I don't think he will lead us there.. Something is a miss....  

I don't disagree with you here.  I really think Andy and Hue made a special combination.  It seemed like they clicked and Hue was able to get the most out of him. Time will tell how things work out with Zampese, but I have very little faith in Marvin.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 08:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Coach? Owner? Do tell.

Why pick one when you can go with both? Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 08:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Coach? Owner? Do tell.

(09-28-2016, 08:57 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't disagree with you here.  I really think Andy and Hue made a special combination.  It seemed like they clicked and Hue was able to get the most out of him. Time will tell how things work out with Zampese, but I have very little faith in Marvin.
I don't think Dalton is the problem by a long shot. Start with Mikey and go through the coaching staff and you will definitely uncover the problem(s) preventing the Bengals from going to the SB. Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 08:57 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I don't disagree with you here.  I really think Andy and Hue made a special combination.  It seemed like they clicked and Hue was able to get the most out of him. Time will tell how things work out with Zampese, but I have very little faith in Marvin.

This.......

Reply/Quote

This is garbage and you knew it when you thought it, typed it and hit submit.  Say what you want about Dalton (and trust me I have) but starting 77 straight games through his first five seasons in the NFL shows that courage is probably not something #14 lacks.  The dude has taken some beyond vicious hits in his career and the ginger bounced right up.  Did the same thing in college.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 02:39 PM)jason Wrote: If Joe Flacco can win a super bowl, Andy Dalton can too.

(09-28-2016, 02:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....or Dilfer, or Brad Johnson, or Jeff Hostetler......

Or Eli (twice), or the ghost of Peyton Manning...

Reply/Quote
Compared to the very good club we had last year, we're missing Reggie Nelson, Burfict, Marvin Jones, Sanu, Eifert, and Andre Smith.

It takes some getting used to. Eifert will be back soon and Burfict comes back against the Dolphins. That should help, but there's no doubt that we need to play a strong game, win and get it going before it's too late.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 09:13 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: There is something about this team that really bothers me. While I know generally this is true, our team is very focused on the "Games in the NFL are typically a one score affair, and one play here or a mistake there can decide the game."

Now, why does this bother me?....  

Because around the league there are teams winning 27-0, 28-0. Teams winning by large margins, far more than one score, on a weekly basis. IMO, we have brainwashed ourselves into thinking every game is going to be a close one. When we play teams that we should handle, we keep it close. When we play against playoff caliber teams, we, to our credit, keep it close.

I'm a big proponent of the mental side of the game, and the confidence of the players. If you continually tell them that games will be close, what is to stop them from ever gaining enough confidence to comfortably hand other teams their A****, knowing that we would, before, during, and after the game. Sure, we beat the Bears down however long ago that was, and we (Marvin Jones) ripped the Jets a new a few years back... occasionally we beat down the Browns (who doesn't) but overall, this team simply never shows its dominance. It either squeaks it out against lesser opponents, really squeaks it out against equal opponents, or has some sort of sloppy showing against the better teams. The playoff blunders can only be a product of this mentality IMO.

While I agree with the notion that NFL games are "any given Sunday" I just can't help but think it its a leech on the confidence of this team. I think a big part of the Patriots success is feeling completely prepared and expecting to win. There was a quote from Whit after the Pitt game that made me feel like this team feels it can win any game... or consequently lose ANY game...... "It's really about uh... Going in each week, trying to put yourself in a situation, to have the ball and HAVE A CHANCE to win."

This team focuses too much on "having a chance to win" instead of just dominating the opponent.  Getting humbled is one thing, going in to a game expecting the chance of getting humbled is just a bad tentative trait to have (IMO). I don't think Bruce Arians strives for "a chance to win", he wants to win games like they did against TB (40-7).. He wants his teams to show a fire and desire that this team (once again IMO) has lacked.

It's a 2000 Ravens mentality, and I just don't like it. It's the Marvin Lewis way, and I'm frankly tired of it. (This is a rant that has been accumulating for years now... being 1-2 is a bummer, but this is something that goes far far back. This team never seems to win big, but instead win barely when it needs it most..... unless its the playoffs.)

(Now go ahead and argue that most NFL games are closer than not... I'll agree with you, but just pointing out that the teams that more consistently dominate opponents expect to do it, and I just don't think the Cincinnati Bengals ever have that expectation.)

You win the interwebs. Rep x infinity.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 02:12 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Also, like other QBs, it would be nice if Andy could take it upon himself to buy more time in the backfield.

Agreed. It seems he never side steps left. Always to the right and backward when there's pressure.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 02:12 PM)Hammerthis Wrote: Also, like other QBs, it would be nice if Andy could take it upon himself to buy more time in the backfield.

Maybe he doesn't spin out of tackles quite as good as some but i think he has very good pocket awareness.

And completey disagree that Dalton lacks courage. Guy has guts and that OL needs to back him up if anything.

Been bad first 3 weeks for the OL and amazing Dalton has played as well as he has with that performance.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 02:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Maybe he doesn't spin out of tackles quite as good as some but i think he has very good pocket awareness.

And completey disagree that Dalton lacks courage. Guy has guts and that OL needs to back him up if anything.

Been bad first 3 weeks for the OL and amazing Dalton has played as well as he has with that performance.

O line has been the excuse since Dalton came here. Its been rebuilt countless times. Ive had enough of the o line excuses.  
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 02:34 PM)Fresno B Wrote: O line has been the excuse since Dalton came here. Its been rebuilt countless times. Ive had enough of the o line excuses.  

Who gives a damn if you have had enough of the O-line excuses. A QB needs time to get off passes whether you
like the truth or not and the OL has been much worse so far this year than any year since Dalton came here.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 02:34 PM)Fresno B Wrote: O line has been the excuse since Dalton came here. Its been rebuilt countless times. Ive had enough of the o line excuses.  

Are you going to seriously sit there with a straight face and say that the O-line through the first three weeks has not been directly responsible for Andy hitting the turf at such a high rate?  I mean I love sarcasm as much as the next guy but to take it to this level is a bit too much to take.

If you are indeed serious that's a shame.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 02:52 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Are you going to seriously sit there with a straight face and say that the O-line through the first three weeks has not been directly responsible for Andy hitting the turf at such a high rate?  I mean I love sarcasm as much as the next guy but to take it to this level is a bit too much to take.

If you are indeed serious that's a shame.

Yeah man, all the sacks are Andy's fault and it is also his fault the OL has been collapsing on him. Sarcasm

There is a reason Fresno has a negative rep.
Reply/Quote