Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brainwashed into mediocre.
(09-29-2016, 02:34 PM)Fresno B Wrote: O line has been the excuse since Dalton came here. Its been rebuilt countless times. Ive had enough of the o line excuses.  

What are these "countless rebuilds" you refer to?  Whit has been here 11 years, Boling for six, Zeitler for five, Bodine is in his third year.  Andre Smith was here seven years before being replaced by Ced this season.

Do you even watch the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 02:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Who gives a damn if you have had enough of the O-line excuses. A QB needs time to get off passes whether you
like the truth or not and the OL has been much worse so far this year than any year since Dalton came here.

I hear this every year.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 02:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah man, all the sacks are Andy's fault and it is also his fault the OL has been collapsing on him. Sarcasm

There is a reason Fresno has a negative rep.

Yeah. I have a negative rep because Im sick of o line excuses Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 02:52 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Are you going to seriously sit there with a straight face and say that the O-line through the first three weeks has not been directly responsible for Andy hitting the turf at such a high rate?  I mean I love sarcasm as much as the next guy but to take it to this level is a bit too much to take.

If you are indeed serious that's a shame.

Every year I hear this same excuse. We are never going to win in the postseason when the fanbase doesn't expect more.
Reply/Quote
Psssttt!!!! Check those league rankings in the rushing department, and then get back to me about that stellar oline.

(last year, they looked pretty good, and what did we have, an 8-0 start?)

Open yer ****** eyes jackass! LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 04:26 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Yeah. I have a negative rep because Im sick of o line excuses Sarcasm

If you honestly think the O-line isn't directly responsible for a whole lot of our problems ???? I dunno what to tell ya.

We're near the worst in the league in sacks, pressures, and hits given up on the QB. We're near the bottom in time of possession - we can't run the ball ! We've had the lead for a total of 12 offensive snaps in 3 games. Except for a handful of plays against Denver our RB's have been unable to get out of the backfield, because they're being tackled there.

One could go on and on but if you don't get it ?
Reply/Quote
Fresno B.....

Wait, is this the same dude who started a thread admonishing the fans because he thinks we all love Marvin and want him to be the coach here forever?

Sounds awfully similar.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2016, 10:21 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I think folks are just going from one extreme to the other, and that's football for ya.  I live in Steeler country so I heard about the Steelers winning the SB after they beat the Bengals and how they need to fire everyone after they lost to the Eagles.

With the Bengals, we spent all off-season convincing ourselves that our top-tier offense would be as good if not better without Hue (he's too damn cute), MLJ (not clutch, too pricey, LaFell, Boyd, Core, *7th round nobody who didn't make it through training camp* is as good/better), Sanu (no defending this...the guy got WAY overpaid), Eifert (Kroft and/or Uzomoah are going to step up), in addition to Hill being better (because of Zampese).  Basically, we had ourselves convinced the Bengals were going to be lights-out as soon as Dalton got back on the field and the Steelers and Ravens were going to do little to get in our way.

Things can still lead that way, but this looks like a typical overreaction of negativity spurned on by months of irrational expectations.  In a few days we beat the Dolphins and are 2-2 and right back to just needing to win division games to seal the deal.

I agree with a lot of what you said. I was one of those people that said we would be better off without Hugh. I also didnt think losing Marvin Jones or Nelson would be that big of a deal. 

At the end of the day, those add up to pretty big loses. What's troubling is the approach that the Bengals FO took regarding these players. They basically didn't have much of a plan to replace these players and its coming back to bite them. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2016, 01:00 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I used to be sort of so-so on Dalton, but as of now could not disagree with you more.  I honestly think the best thing the Bengals can do is to put the game in his hands.  Let him make the presnap reads, call the audible, and decide the play.  Of course, they need to find some way to keep him off his ass all the time, but Dalton can get it done.

I agree with you. Dalton is only as good as the offensive line allows him to be. Dalton looks like an MVP caliber QB when he has time to throw and has a clean pocket. When the pocket collapses and he is force to improvise is when he looks like shit. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 05:08 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Fresno B.....

Wait, is this the same dude who started a thread admonishing the fans because he thinks we all love Marvin and want him to be the coach here forever?  

Sounds awfully similar.

Nah, this dude has had a fetish thing for Dalton hate for a LONG time. LMAO

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 04:24 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I hear this every year.

BS, last year the O-line was much better and has been pretty solid over the years.

Some have said this is because Dalton gets the ball out fast but the O-line has not been this bad since the
Nate Livings days with Palmer at the helm. I don't like our O-line coach but our O-line has some talent and
Whitworth, Boling and Zeitler have been good, exceptional with Whitworth.

They need to improve period for this team to go the distance. It is not all on Dalton, he has played great
considering the pressure he has had in his face and the lack of a running game the first two weeks.

(09-29-2016, 04:26 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Yeah. I have a negative rep because Im sick of o line excuses Sarcasm

Nah, you have a negative rep cause you make no sense. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 05:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BS, last year the O-line was much better and has been pretty solid over the years.

Some have said this is because Dalton gets the ball out fast but the O-line has not been this bad since the
Nate Livings days with Palmer at the helm. I don't like our O-line coach but our O-line has some talent and

They need to improve period for this team to go the distance. It is not all on Dalton, he has played great
considering the pressure he has had in his face and the lack of a running game the first two weeks.

Last year was the best I've seen this line look since the days of Levi, Braham, Big Willie, Bobbie, and Steiny.....of course, both of these lines SHOULD have looked good, LOADED with talent.  Consequently, both our QBs had career years both years.  The position coach needs shown the door.....a decade ago. Hmm

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 05:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Last year was the best I've seen this line look since the days of Levi, Braham, Big Willie, Bobbie, and Steiny.....of course, both of these lines SHOULD have looked good, LOADED with talent.  Consequently, both our QBs had career years both years.  The position coach needs shown the door.....a decade ago. Hmm

Wyche knows his shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 05:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Nah, this dude has had a fetish thing for Dalton hate for a LONG time. LMAO

Must be some kid, that doesn't grasp the full spectrum of professional football.  Otherwise, he would clearly see that Andy is good, and not the problem.  Heck, under our current OL, OC and HC situation, I would think it would be tough for Andy to win games with Peyton Manning as his QB coach and Gary Kubiak running the Offense...

The kid's criticism is warranted, just terribly misdirected.  Perhaps when he grows up to become an actual fan, he might understand the difference?  Yes, I am talking about you, Fresno B.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 05:47 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BS, last year the O-line was much better and has been pretty solid over the years.

I swear you guys complain about the o line far too often. Thread after thread after thread. 
Dalton ***** up= o line
Hill chokes =o line
Defense drops an int=o line

This board is one of the most tired football forum on the net. And I bet if we win tonight you wont hardly hear anything about the o line.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 06:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Must be some kid, that doesn't grasp the full spectrum of professional football.  Otherwise, he would clearly see that Andy is good, and not the problem.  Heck, under our current OL, OC and HC situation, I would think it would be tough for Andy to win games with Peyton Manning as his QB coach and Gary Kubiak running the Offense...

The kid's criticism is warranted, just terribly misdirected.  Perhaps when he grows up to become an actual fan, he might understand the difference?  Yes, I am talking about you, Fresno B.

I've been on these boards for a while now and I couldn't care less about what you homers say. You've never been right.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 06:43 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I swear you guys complain about the o line far too often. Thread after thread after thread. 
Dalton ***** up= o line
Hill chokes =o line
Defense drops an int=o line

This board is one of the most tired football forum on the net. And I bet if we win tonight you wont hardly hear anything about the o line.

You must be a Paul Alexander disciple. Ninja

Nah, if we win the game tonight and the O-line makes significant improvement all will be with praise, most all anyways.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 06:46 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I've been on these boards for a while now and I couldn't care less about what you homers say. You've never been right.

You are a homer for the O-line, thus misplaced.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 03:07 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: What are these "countless rebuilds" you refer to?  Whit has been here 11 years, Boling for six, Zeitler for five, Bodine is in his third year.  Andre Smith was here seven years before being replaced by Ced this season.

Do you even watch the Bengals?

And every one of them was called a bum, one year after another like clockwork.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2016, 06:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are a homer for the O-line, thus misplaced.

Just because I don't blame the o line for our woes makes me a homer?
Reply/Quote