Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Brandon LaFell has reached agreement w/ Bengals
We have signed Brandon LaFell accroding to Adam Schefter.

Former Patriots' WR Brandon LaFell has reached agreement with Cincinnati Bengals, per @schwartzfeinsod.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter)

Decent signing, I think he could be a decent #2/#3, I would consider drafting in 2nd or 3rd round now. I would rather draft a LB or DT in 1st and get Sterling Shepard in 2nd round.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:55 PM)milksheikh Wrote: We have signed Brandon LaFell accroding to Adam Schefter.

Former Patriots' WR Brandon LaFell has reached agreement with Cincinnati Bengals, per @schwartzfeinsod.

Decent signing, I think he could be a decent #2/#3, I would consider drafting in 2nd or 3rd round now. I would rather draft a LB or DT in 1st and get Sterling Shepard.

I like it. It gives us a WR who has had some success and allows us to not have to over draft the position. I still say we grab a WR in the first 3 rounds and then maybe look to add one in the 7th or as an UDFA.
Reply/Quote
Great news, wonder what his contract will look like. Definitely nice to have him and Dansby heading into the draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:55 PM)milksheikh Wrote: We have signed Brandon LaFell accroding to Adam Schefter.

Decent signing, I think he could be a decent #2/#3, I would consider drafting in 2nd or 3rd round now. I would rather draft a LB or DT in 1st and get Sterling Shepard in 2nd round.

Happy days. Very good FA for us this year. Much better than i expected.

Iloka, Adam, Dansby and Lafell is great considering what we were facing. Lafell tops it off and opens up the Draft.
I would not be against a receiver in the first especially if one of the top 4 fall to us but i hope we don't reach for
one just because they are flying off the board.

Sterling Shepard in the 2nd would be great or Michael Thomas.

I don't know if we need a LB as much with the Dansby signing. I think he can tutor up Dawson and Flowers into
a pair of very good backers.

I would love one of the stud DT's in the 1st round.
Reply/Quote
This definitely frees up some wiggle room for the draft, but I think a WR is still a priority. If they could get Carroo out of Rutgers in the 2nd or even better the 3rd... WR corps will be set.
Reply/Quote
Great news. He was the best FA option to replace Marvin/Sanu imo.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:12 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: This definitely frees up some wiggle room for the draft, but I think a WR is still a priority. If they could get Caroo out of Rutgers in the 2nd or even better the 3rd... WR corps will be set.

I don't know much about Caroo.
Reply/Quote
Good signing.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
It depends on the length of the deal, but I think we should still at least consider a WR at #24.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know much about Caroo.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2016/02/ex-rutgers_receiver_leonte_carroo_generates_buzz_w.html

Think Steve Smith 2.0.
Reply/Quote
Love the signing but still think a first round WR would make since if Treadwell, Coleman, or Doctson were available at #24. If not one of those three then wait another round and grab Boyd, Thomas, or Shepherd.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:23 PM)Shady Wrote: It depends on the length of the deal, but I think we should still at least consider a WR at #24.

I can't imagine LaFell affects our draft strategy at all. We're still one injury away from Brandon Tate being a starter. Can't have that.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Good signing, pretty decent FA period, all things considered. Most importantly, we pretty much kept the secondary intact, and could still wind up with #20 back. That'd be a boon on the defensive side of the ball.

A good draft and LaFell could make things interesting on the offensive side.

All in all, a tip of the hat to the FO in FA. I don't think I've EVER said that...... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:23 PM)Shady Wrote: It depends on the length of the deal, but I think we should still at least consider a WR at #24.

LaFell is the Sanu replacement.  The 24th pick in the draft will most likely be the Marvin Jones replacement.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:38 PM)Wyche Wrote: Good signing, pretty decent FA period, all things considered.  Most importantly, we pretty much kept the secondary intact, and could still wind up with #20 back.  That'd be a boon on the defensive side of the ball.

A good draft and LaFell could make things interesting on the offensive side.  

All in all, a tip of the hat to the FO in FA.  I don't think I've EVER said that...... Mellow

Rock on Wyche. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Depending on contract length/$, solid signing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:38 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: LaFell is the Sanu replacement.  The 24th pick in the draft will most likely be the Marvin Jones replacement.

Yep we definitely shouldn't be putting all of our eggs in one basket. LaFell should actually be an upgrade over what Sanu gave us as a WR, combine that with a good rookie (I'm hoping for Doctson) and we're in good shape. 
Reply/Quote
Signing LaFell is us showing we learned the lesson in 2014 about needing experienced depth.
Reply/Quote
He was BPA for the Bengals so yeah of coarse this a great signing.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:38 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: LaFell is the Sanu replacement.  The 24th pick in the draft will most likely be the Marvin Jones replacement.

Maybe, I wouldn't mind taking Treadwell, Coleman or Doctson in 1st or Sterling Shepard in 2nd.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote