[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 01:57 AM)Junglejuice Wrote: Nuge vs Dre steel cage match

Bodine takes winner.
Reply/Quote
this makes me so happy
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
    I held them off as long as I could Tater ! There were just too many of them. Run Tater, so the mob can find another yeoman to pick on.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2016, 01:47 PM)GodFather Wrote: Quite frankly, it wasn't the fumbles that Tate had in his career here but his boneheaded decisions bringing the ball out of the end zone time and time again putting the offense in a bad starting place. How many times did you cringe when you saw him ramp up and run out of the end zone when he was so deep in it? Very rarely did it equate to something good.

I for one am glad he's gone, his contribution wasn't anything this team will miss this season.

I read had  a touch to fumble rate of 97%, in other words he fumbled only 3% of the time. I believe he only 4 of his fumbles in his many years here so yes not flashy, but he did not put the ball on the ground and rarely missed a game due to injury either so he obviously put the work in to keep his body ready and of course had some luck staying healthy as well.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Good luck Brandon Tate
Reply/Quote
I'm kinda gonna miss yelling at my television. The guy DID make like 4 great plays for us though.

But yeah no brainier Erickson>Tate

Reply/Quote
These are the calls that coaches have to make. Tough one. Experience over potential. Erickson made this a bit easier with a STUNNING 41.5 yard average.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
WoW

Just can't believe it !

I'm glad though that the guys on here saying Tate were a lock were wrong.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 12:24 AM)treee Wrote: I think Erickson could provide some value in the slot if Lafell ends up not working out and we play Boyd on the outside more. Or we could just end up lining up Core for a lot of deep routes in the vein of a Chris Henry type role with AJ and Boyd on the field. Either way, though I'm worried about experience, I'm definitely not worried about our talent at WR so far. It definitely wouldn't hurt to be on the lookout for another vet WR if Lafell continues to sizzle out.

I wouldn't have any expectations for Core this year. With Wright being strong on STs, Core will be inactive unless injury
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 03:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I read had  a touch to fumble rate of 97%, in other words he fumbled only 3% of the time. I believe he only 4 of his fumbles in his many years here so yes not flashy, but he did not put the ball on the ground and rarely missed a game due to injury either so he obviously put the work in to keep his body ready and of course had some luck staying healthy as well.

Never missed a game in his Bengal career...

I was never down on him like others were, but I do think that Erickson getting the return job is the right thing to do.

That said, I will miss Tate's experience if we sustain any injuries in the WR corp...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 06:23 PM)EatonFan Wrote: These are the calls that coaches have to make.  Tough one.  Experience over potential.  Erickson made this a bit easier with a STUNNING 41.5 yard average.

His shortest PR is 18 yards...
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2016, 09:49 PM)eoxyod Wrote: I wouldn't have any expectations for Core this year. With Wright being strong on STs, Core will be inactive unless injury

This is what was mentioned on the BBP. As soon as Core shows he can perform gunner duties better than Wright, he'll get the 5th WR role on game day. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Wasn't expecting this cause Tate was actually playing decent at WR this Preseason.

Just happy Erickson is making the team. He had a great Offseason and Preseason and in the end i think having
solid hands got him Tate's job. I know he had a 41 yard average in the return game this Preaseason but in the
end you have to have solid hands and Simmons has to trust you. Hence why Alford will pry go to the PS.
Reply/Quote
Maybe I am wrong and probably am.

But was not Tate cut before and just added right back ?

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Thanks Tate.   Good Luck.
Reply/Quote
Kind of suprised the reaction to this cut isn't more positive. Tate certainly wasn't unreliable back there, but his decision making left a lot to be desired. We started with terrible field position too many times because he ran a ball out when he had no business doing so.

Seeing Marvin actually cut a veteran when there's clearly a better option with a younger player gives me hope. I was pretty shocked tbh. Looking forward to seeing what Erickson can do for our return game.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 05:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Kind of suprised the reaction to this cut isn't more positive. Tate certainly wasn't unreliable back there, but his decision making left a lot to be desired. We started with terrible field position too many times because he ran a ball out when he had no business doing so.

Seeing Marvin actually cut a veteran when there's clearly a better option with a younger player gives me hope. I was pretty shocked tbh. Looking forward to seeing what Erickson can do for our return game.

If there was one problem i had with Tate at times it was his decision making and for some reason
Hobson was trying to spin this as one of his strengths. I think we should be much better in this dept.
with Erickson and Boyd and we should have much bigger explosive Returns.

Just hoping they hold onto the ball which i am sure they will. Simmons trusts Erickson.
Reply/Quote