Sausage Link
Scrapple
Ham
Steak (Steak & eggs)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakfast meat
(06-01-2015, 03:33 PM)xxlt Wrote: Clearly you are not from Cincinnati as you left Goetta out of the poll. This is a colossal oversight. 

I ain't from Cincy, but goetta is gooooood.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:39 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Yeah it's called scrapple in Bmore too.
I personally enjoy Scrapple but I understand why people wouldn't. 
(06-01-2015, 03:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: I ain't from Cincy, but goetta is gooooood.....

Okay, I'll bite, what the hell is goetta?

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:43 PM)Bryan Wrote: I personally enjoy Scrapple but I understand why people wouldn't. 

Goetta has oats in it as the grain, scrapple (or panhaas if you prefer) uses corn meal. The spicing can also be different, but the primary difference is the grain used.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Spam needs to be on this list. Spam and eggs is good eatin'. ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:49 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Goetta has oats in it as the grain, scrapple (or panhaas if you prefer) uses corn meal. The spicing can also be different, but the primary difference is the grain used.

Thank you.

Reply/Quote
Scrapple also uses garbage meat. It should be called pig's ass corn bread. I looked up goetta on wiki as well, and Cincinnati is pretty much it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'm from the ghetto Homie

I'm down with fried Bolognie
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm from the ghetto Homie

I'm down with fried Bolognie

Yessir......

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:43 PM)Bryan Wrote: I personally enjoy Scrapple but I understand why people wouldn't. 

Google is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goetta
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 03:59 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Scrapple also uses garbage meat.  It should be called pig's ass corn bread.  I looked up goetta on wiki as well, and Cincinnati is pretty much it.

No such thing as garbage meat. Use every part.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: No such thing as garbage meat. Use every part.

Well then you are a perfect consumer for pig ass.   Big Grin
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then you are a perfect consumer for pig ass.   Big Grin

Have you ever eaten scrapple? 

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:17 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then you are a perfect consumer for pig ass.   Big Grin

I won't deny it! LOL

I definitely come from a family that was all about the "use everything, waste nothing" attitude, and that is something I carry to present day.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:20 PM)Bryan Wrote: Have you ever eaten scrapple? 

Saturday breakfast for me growing up was buckwheat pancakes and scrapple.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:20 PM)Bryan Wrote: Have you ever eaten scrapple? 

No, but I can read ingredients.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No, but I can read ingredients.

Hey man don't knock it before you try it.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:40 PM)Bryan Wrote: Hey man don't knock it before you try it.

I'm not knocking how it tastes per se.  It's like souse.  Maybe it tastes good, but I'm not going to find out unless it becomes necessary. Like I'm never going to eat calamari because I ain't eating no squid. Hot dogs...I just pretend I don't know.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:53 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I'm not knocking how it tastes per se.  It's like souse.  Maybe it tastes good, but I'm not going to find out unless it becomes necessary.  Like I'm never going to eat calamari because I ain't eating no squid.

I always find it interesting when people talk about what's in things like scrapple and what not. Honestly, that's what some sausage (scrapple and goetta are types of sausage really) is all about. We've just gussied it up these days because of how many people view offal and scraps. But really, bologna and hot dogs are no different. Just ground up finer, mixed with nitrates, and cured.

Also, squid is delicious. You're missing out.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 04:57 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I always find it interesting when people talk about what's in things like scrapple and what not. Honestly, that's what some sausage (scrapple and goetta are types of sausage really) is all about. We've just gussied it up these days because of how many people view offal and scraps. But really, bologna and hot dogs are no different. Just ground up finer, mixed with nitrates, and cured.

Also, squid is delicious. You're missing out.

Even my daughter, who is picky beyond belief, eats calamari.  I just can't  Or won't.  And I grandfathered hot dogs in.  I was eating them before I knew.

Reply/Quote
Alright, thus far bacon is leading the poll. Not a surprise, I'm a little surprised at the lack of love for sausage(links or patties) and Canadian bacon.

Reply/Quote