Scrapple
Ham
Steak (Steak & eggs)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakfast meat
(06-01-2015, 05:53 PM)Bryan Wrote: [Image: Puppy15.jpg]

I don't really dislike Canadian (or back) bacon. It's definitely my least favorite of the three main bacon types, though.

Side
Belly
Back
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 05:49 PM)Bryan Wrote: C'mon man Canadian bacon is good 

It's good on Eggs Benedict like mentioned, but we don't talk about it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nobody north of 275 knows what scrapple is...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Sausage patties for me!  Not those tiny, little pre made jobs.  I'm talking about taking a 1 lb. package of some good sausage, and making like 4 patties out of it. 

Sausage, egg and cheese sandwich, with pepper and garlic powder?  Mmm, good stuff!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 06:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sausage patties for me!  Not those tiny, little pre made jobs.  I'm talking about taking a 1 lb. package of some good sausage, and making like 4 patties out of it. 

Sausage, egg and cheese sandwich, with pepper and garlic powder?  Mmm, good stuff!

Don't forget the fresh garden 'mater!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 05:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I should also note that one of my favorite things in the world for breakfast is sausage gravy. Biscuits halved, smothers in sausage gravy, and two hard fried eggs on top.

Now I am hungry.

This is one of the foods that killed my soul to give up due to type 2.  Too much carbs.....but that once a month....mmmmmmmm mmm!

I'll never forget my first trip to DC.  I ordered biscuits and gravy without looking at the menu, and the cashier looked at me like I was an alien.  I had no idea it wasn't a staple north of the Mason Dixon. Smirk

Reply/Quote
Goetta, all day. Out of the options above, I pick bacon. And don't even start suggesting that scrapple = goetta.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 07:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is one of the foods that killed my soul to give up due to type 2.  Too much carbs.....but that once a month....mmmmmmmm mmm!

I'll never forget my first trip to DC.  I ordered biscuits and gravy without looking at the menu, and the cashier looked at me like I was an alien.  I had no idea it wasn't a staple north of the Mason Dixon. Smirk

Yeah, I don't get it often, but when I do, boy howdy. Up the road a bit in Staunton there is a restaurant called Mrs. Rowe's. Their weekend breakfast special is just as I described it. probably about 4-6 times a year I indulge in this treat. I never have to look at the menu. I know going in.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 07:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I don't get it often, but when I do, boy howdy. Up the road a bit in Staunton there is a restaurant called Mrs. Rowe's. Their weekend breakfast special is just as I described it. probably about 4-6 times a year I indulge in this treat. I never have to look at the menu. I know going in.

I spent many tries, attempting to duplicate Bob Evan's sausage gravy.  Then, one day, I came pretty darned close. (minus the mass production chemicals, etc)

Now, I make a version more like the one my Grandmother taught me, but with my own twist to it.

Anyway, I'm in the same boat.  I only make B&G about 1/2 dozen times a year now.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 07:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I don't get it often, but when I do, boy howdy. Up the road a bit in Staunton there is a restaurant called Mrs. Rowe's. Their weekend breakfast special is just as I described it. probably about 4-6 times a year I indulge in this treat. I never have to look at the menu. I know going in.

I hear ya brother.....I was at a McDonald's when that happened.....many moons ago. Needless to say, I looked back at her as if THEY were the aliens for not offering this "delicacy"...lol.

Reply/Quote
Bacon.....mmmmmm....baaaaaconnn....

Forget where it was, or even what channel I was watching, but there was a bar that serves all the bacon you can eat with your beer. They just keep passing around this huge jar filled with bacon.....
"In my mind, I'm already there"
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 05:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The best type of breakfast is easily a goetta sandwich. Two pieces of toast with a fried egg, goetta, and melted cheese on it. If youre feeling a little crazy, drizzle some syrup on there as well and thank me later. 

The Ameristop i pass on the way to work every day has a Goetta, Egg and Cheese biscuit that is sooooo *drooooool*.

I obviously don't "pass" it very often.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 05:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The best type of breakfast is easily a goetta sandwich. Two pieces of toast with a fried egg, goetta, and melted cheese on it. If youre feeling a little crazy, drizzle some syrup on there as well and thank me later. 
You should all listen to this man.  He speaks wise words.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 07:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Don't forget the fresh garden 'mater!

Oh yaaaaah ! Love me a bacon sandwich with miracle whip and a slice of fresh garden mater.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 09:34 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: You should all listen to this man.  He speaks wise words.

Best hangover food ever. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 09:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh yaaaaah ! Love me a bacon sandwich with miracle whip and a slice of fresh garden mater.

Sick

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 09:56 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Oh yaaaaah ! Love me a bacon sandwich with miracle whip and a slice of fresh garden mater.

Miracle whip is gross bro

Reply/Quote

(06-01-2015, 10:45 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Sick

(06-01-2015, 10:47 PM)Bryan Wrote: Miracle whip is gross bro

Yeah, I was lost at Miracle Whip.....make that sammich with Mayo, and we're going places.....

Reply/Quote
I lived in Cincy for about 7 years and have been all over the world. Today is the 1st time I have ever heard of goetta.

When I was in the military we had this kind of creamed meat (no jokes allowed) that we called SOS. That ish was good, but it was more likely that we were really hungry.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I was lost at Miracle Whip.....make that sammich with Mayo, and we're going places.....

And call me picky, but it should be Duke's.  ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote