Sausage Link
Scrapple
Ham
Steak (Steak & eggs)
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breakfast meat
Damn, crisp bacon is even good scattered in grits. 

Not for breakfast...  but bacon with shrimp and cheesy grits with a little cayenne pepper is the shiznit.

My wife makes a fried sausage mush that is outta this world. 

Put some scrambled eggs with cheese on the side and yup... that's a great breakfast.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 11:02 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: My wife makes a fried sausage mush that is outta this world. 

She sure does
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When I was in the military we had this kind of creamed meat.

You sure did.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Spicy sausage is pretty pwn
Reply/Quote
There's another choice not in the poll thats good to eat in the morning, just remember:

[Image: 80pA3HP.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 05:24 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I should also note that one of my favorite things in the world for breakfast is sausage gravy. Biscuits halved, smothered in sausage gravy, and two hard fried eggs on top.

Now I am hungry.

Don't buy that Bob Evans crap, it's not good.

But...

Tennessee Pride has a good frozen sausage gravy that is very easy to warm up if you don't have the time to make it yourself. Of course, the traditional sausage grease, water and flour will always be best, the Tennessee Pride is perfect for a quick snack.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Tennessee Pride Spicy Sausage is the brand I was too lazy to look up to name. It is sooooo pwn. Excellent on homemade pizza as well. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 01:08 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Don't buy that Bob Evans crap, it's not good.

But...

Tennessee Pride has a good frozen sausage gravy that is very easy to warm up if you don't have the time to make it yourself. Of course, the traditional sausage grease, water and flour will always be best, the Tennessee Pride is perfect for a quick snack.

Years ago Bob Evans gravy was the shit ! Now it sucks bad.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I lived in Cincy for about 7 years and have been all over the world. Today is the 1st time I have ever heard of goetta.

When I was in the military we had this kind of creamed meat (no jokes allowed) that we called SOS. That ish was good, but it was more likely that we were really hungry.

Every movie I've ever seen, the soldiers ***** about eating that, and now you're saying it's good?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 01:08 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Don't buy that Bob Evans crap, it's not good.

But...

(06-02-2015, 07:43 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Years ago Bob Evans gravy was the shit ! Now it sucks bad.

You know the gravy that pisses me off? Cracker Barrel. GTFO with that sawmill gravy, crap. Putting that on their biscuits is like a mouth full of wet flour with a little pepper in it.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:56 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: And call me picky, but it should be Duke's.  ThumbsUp

Me brother from a different mother......Duke's is ALL that enters our household. ThumbsUp

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 10:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: Me brother from a different mother......Duke's is ALL that enters our household. ThumbsUp

You can't tell we're more southern than a lot of the board members at all. LOL
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:00 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You can't tell we're more southern than a lot of the board members at all. LOL

Ha!  No shit......LOL

Reminds me of the Krystal slogan:

"More southern than the other'n" lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2015, 10:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I lived in Cincy for about 7 years and have been all over the world. Today is the 1st time I have ever heard of goetta.

When I was in the military we had this kind of creamed meat (no jokes allowed) that we called SOS. That ish was good, but it was more likely that we were really hungry.

Gliers Goetta is made in Northern KY - Covington. It is kinda an acquired taste, but once you're there it becomes a standard. I like it with real maple syrup poured over it, a couple of eggs on the side, and a cup of strong coffee. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:22 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Gliers Goetta is made in Northern KY - Covington. It is kinda an acquired taste, but once you're there it becomes a standard. I like it with real maple syrup poured over it, a couple of eggs on the side, and a cup of strong coffee. 

That reminds me, I need more coffee.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:22 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Gliers Goetta is made in Northern KY - Covington. It is kinda an acquired taste, but once you're there it becomes a standard. I like it with real maple syrup poured over it, a couple of eggs on the side, and a cup of strong coffee. 

Syrup?  What is wrong with you people?  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Roses are red.
Bacon is red.
Poems are hard.
Bacon
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 11:30 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Syrup?  What is wrong with you people?  

Syrup >>>>> Ketchup
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 12:46 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Syrup >>>>> Ketchup

On goetta.  I'd have to give you that.  I guess I'm just the extreme anti-sweet and savory.  I hate when syrup gets on my sausage or bacon.

Reply/Quote

My dad loves that stuff. He was in the Air Force for 20 years and SOS was his favorite meal. He still makes it from time to time now.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote