Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal!
Final terms:

Cincinnati gets Glenn, 21

Bills get 12

Teams swap 5th and 6th round picks
Reply/Quote
Well this should quiet some of those prone to talking trash about the Bengals and offseason moves.(Probably not). From what I am hearing we have traded the 12th selection for him but have acquired one of the Bills first round selections as well. Awesome freaking move for the franchise!!!!

WHO-DEY!!!!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: It's because of salary cap reasons - they are super tight on the cap and save 4 million I believe this way. Glenn when healthy is a highly rated LT.

One of my friends said exactly that: cap space. The rest genuinely seem to hate him... I really don't understand why 
Reply/Quote
Buffalo also getting 5th round pick. We get their 6th.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Buffalo also getting 5th round pick. We get their 6th.

Feels like we got bent over.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Basically if Glenn is healthy and we get full seasons out of him we did well as when healthy he was a Top 10 LT. If the injury issue persists then we got jobbed a bit. So it's a gamble.

That said, considering the usual passive behavior of the front office I am all for them gambling. This is proactive behavior to directly address a huge need - well done!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: Buffalo also getting 5th round pick. We get their 6th.

Other way around. We get their 5th, they get out 6th. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: Basically if Glenn is healthy and we get full seasons out of him we did well as when healthy he was a Top 10 LT. If the injury issue persists then we got jobbed a bit. So it's a gamble.

That said, considering the usual passive behavior of the front office I am all for them gambling. This is proactive behavior to directly address a huge need - well done!

If he stays on the field it is an absolute steal.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:41 PM)Joelist Wrote: Actually there was - McGlinchey. But if this is all true it is a nice trade. We get the LT we desperately needed and still have a first round pick in a good place for a Guard or Center. 

James Daniels would be my pick at 21
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:50 PM)Joelist Wrote: Basically if Glenn is healthy and we get full seasons out of him we did well as when healthy he was a Top 10 LT. If the injury issue persists then we got jobbed a bit. So it's a gamble.

We didn't give up that much, so it was probably worth the gamble, but, with our luck and our shitty medical staff/training equipment/etc, you have to feel like we're going to get the short end of the stick, especially since he only played 16 games combined the past two seasons.
Reply/Quote
His 2018 salary, including roster bonus, will be $11.2 mil, with a cap hit over 14 mil.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:47 PM)McC Wrote: Feels like we got bent over.

How exactly? We picked up a really good offensive lineman for basically 10 draft spots in the first round where we obviously werent in love with any of the prospects.
Reply/Quote
Excellent, excellent move imo. Glenn will pay big dividends for this team. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: How exactly? We picked up a really good offensive lineman for basically 10 draft spots in the first round. 
Ten spots in the first round is a helluva lot of capital.  And he hasn't been healthy for two years.  And they were supposedly shopping him for mid round picks.

Reply/Quote
A gamble but I like that the team is trying. It's time to be bold.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:54 PM)McC Wrote: His 2018 salary, including roster bonus, will be $11.2 mil, with a cap hit over 14 mil.

How much of that hit is ours though? I believe part of it is the Bills as prorated bonus payments stay with the old team when players are traded. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:54 PM)McC Wrote: His 2018 salary, including roster bonus, will be $11.2 mil, with a cap hit over 14 mil.

Then that pretty much does it for Free Agency. But I won't complain. All I really wanted was Oline help. And we got it. Maybe this means there's not enough left for Bodine.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:57 PM)McC Wrote: Ten spots in the first round is a helluva lot of capital.  And he hasn't been healthy for two years.  And they were supposedly shopping him for mid round picks.

10 spots isnt a lot of capital if you were in the position the Bengals were in. A lot of the offensive line prospects and guys they were looking at werent worth picking at 12. 

They filled a need without actually giving away a draft pick. Its not like they gave up their first round pick all together. 

I really like the move. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: How much of that hit is ours though? I believe part of it is the Bills as prorated bonus payments stay with the old team when players are traded. 

Not sure about the hit but we are definitely taking on the salary for a really big guy with foot problems.

Reply/Quote
Win/win for both bengals and Bills. And it isn’t that much capital. To get a serviceable LT and still have a good 1st round pick is not bad!!
Reply/Quote