Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal!
(03-12-2018, 05:54 PM)McC Wrote: His 2018 salary, including roster bonus, will be $11.2 mil, with a cap hit over 14 mil.

I could be wrong, but any cap hit the Bills owed included bonuses Glenn was paid, so they would be removed from our cap hit. We just pay current year salary + any incentives in his contract in 2018 and beyond.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could be wrong, but any cap hit the Bills owed included bonuses Glenn was paid, so they would be removed from our cap hit. We just pay current year salary + any incentives in his contract in 2018 and beyond.

Correct. We're on the hook for 11.25 million this year. Next two years add up to about 19 million but neither are guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I could be wrong, but any cap hit the Bills owed included bonuses Glenn was paid, so they would be removed from our cap hit. We just pay current year salary + any incentives in his contract in 2018 and beyond.

So he costs nothing against the cap?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Our cap hit should be 11.25 million I think?
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
We now have 4 members of the 2010 Georgia Bulldogs roster starting for this team in Glenn, AJ, Boling, and Williams.

Go ahead and draft Isaiah Wynn to play center and have 2/3 UGA line.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I’m happy, and I think that’s only the second time I’ve been able to say that this offseason (when PA got the boot). I thought he coulda been had for a little less than that, but that was pure speculation/rumors and I don’t have any clue what other offers they could have had on the table so I won’t complain about the price.

I fully expected the bengals to draft 1 OT in the first three rounds to compete with Fisher, Og, Hart, and maybe Dre and call that an improvement. This is a very good first step in fixing our o line and if healthy he can immediately (unlike a rookie) solidify one tackle spot. We basically turned our first round pick into 2 (hopefully) starters with Glenn and the 21st pick.

Nice to actually see some signs of life out of this front office

You have to figure that Pollack likes Glenn. PA would have told Marcvin to pass. "Me and my guys, we got this. We don't need to make any moves."  

If we can move the ball on the ground, AJ's gonna feast. 

Here's what CBS sees as falling around that 21 spot. I'd be happy with any of those underlined. Wynn might not be a bad choice.

18 Vita Vea Washington Jr DT 3 6-5 344
19 James Washington Oklahoma St. Sr WR 2 6-0 205
20 Marcus Davenport UTSA Sr DE 3 6-7 255
21 Isaiah Wynn Georgia Sr OT 1 6-2 302
22 Sam Darnold USC Soph QB 4 6-4 225
23 Da'Ron Payne Alabama Jr DT 4 6-2 308
24 Will Hernandez UTEP Sr OG 2 6-3 330

25 Tremaine Edmunds Va. Tech Jr ILB 2 6-5 236
26 Orlando Brown Oklahoma Jr OT 2 6-8 360
27 Leighton Vander Esch Boise St. Jr OLB 1 6-4 242
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:28 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I love the trade and give the Bengals big time kudos for making it.

If Glenn can stay relatively healthy and perform the way he is capable of...the Bengals got an absolute steal at his price.

If he does have any issues this year with injuries or performance, they can cut him without any impact to the cap:

I like if it and if it goes bad they can release him with no dead cap.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure his puts a smile on nearly everyone's face.
Reply/Quote
This is a good trade. I was just saying to myself the other day that we are at the butt end of the top tier players and the players that are a good fit for us are in the 20-30 range in the first round. Guys like hernandez and wynn will be great picks in this range and really provide great value. Glenn is a top 10 LT when healthy and he was healthy most of his career until end of 2016 when he missed 5 games and that injury seems to have persisted into 2017. Sometimes guys need to heal up and hopefully we get the better end of this trade. Its a win win for us, but all this could have been avoided if we would have kept the top 5 LT that we had for the same price and have the great leadership that came with whitworth, but this is the by far the best LT we could have gotten this offseason because he's better the Solder and lets not forget Solder has injury concerns of his own.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:50 PM)Shady Wrote: You have to figure that Pollack likes Glenn. PA would have told Marcvin to pass. "Me and my guys, we got this. We don't need to make any moves."  

Here's what CBS sees as falling around that 21 spot. I'd be happy with any of those underlined. Wynn might not be a bad choice.

Edmunds and darnold? I don't see them falling,I don't think we need a guard but I'd take Wynn because he's versatile . I also like James Washington but I know alot would wine and cry about another wide out. I wonder where Lorenzo Carter would be drafted because I really like him to as a linebacker.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:54 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Edmunds and darnold? I don't see them falling,I don't think we need a guard but I'd take Wynn because he's versatile . I also like James Washington but I know alot would wine and cry about another wide out. I wonder where Lorenzo Carter would be drafted because I really like him to as a linebacker.

Yeah, alot of those guys aren't falling that far. The Bills might even take Darnold at 12, if he doesn't go sooner.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:50 PM)Shady Wrote: You have to figure that Pollack likes Glenn. PA would have told Marcvin to pass. "Me and my guys, we got this. We don't need to make any moves."  

Hernandez or Edmunds would be terrific picks. I’d be ecstatic about either of them
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:49 PM)samhain Wrote: We now have 4 members of the 2010 Georgia Bulldogs roster starting for this team in Glenn, AJ, Boling, and Williams.  

Has Wynn ever played the Center position? He looks like a great NFL OG prospect with experience at LT.

Would love to get Price in Rd 2 if his stock falls due to his injury.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:56 PM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, alot of those guys aren't falling that far. The Bills might even take Darnold at 12, if he doesn't go sooner.

I can see the bills drafting a qb. I was thinking more of Lamar Jackson would be there at 21 or mason Rudolph , but I doubt Bengals want a 1st round qb. I would but they wouldnt.im pretty sure it's going to be a lineman. 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:59 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I can see the bills drafting a qb. I was thinking more of Lamar Jackson would be there at 21 or mason Rudolph , but I doubt Bengals want a 1st round qb. I would but they wouldnt.im pretty sure it's going to be a lineman. 

i wouldn't be surprised if the bills package the 12th and the 22nd pick together with something and make a move up to first or 2nd for a quarterback they consider to be the guy.  I would actually love that move for the bills tbh.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:49 PM)samhain Wrote: We now have 4 members of the 2010 Georgia Bulldogs roster starting for this team in Glenn, AJ, Boling, and Williams.

Also cant forget about Geno from the ‘09 bulldog squad
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Also everyone loves Billie price and I think he'd be a good pick,he can also play guard. But I wish Bodine got signed elsewhere and we went price or ragnow.adding a center and left tackle would upgrade this o line. As long as ced isn't right tackle.
Reply/Quote
This opens up the first round for us. If he can stay healthy, then Glenn is a huge acquisition. He’s a great LT. The good news is that if he does tank or he’s never healthy, we can cut him with no dead money. I’m a little surprised that first round picks were involved considering all the other trades going on, but now we’re in the range for centers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

Don't think you could go wrong with Wynn.  Other good choices there too.  Is Darnold plunging?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote