Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal!
(03-12-2018, 06:42 PM)McC Wrote: Also kinda makes it seem like they will be looking at drafting for need this year.  At 12, you might have a top ten or better player fall into your lap, even though he might not be at a position of need and you can't resist going straight BPA.

But being willing to drop back 9 spots might mean you are going in with need first and foremost and the position(s) you're targeting don't provide value at 12 but would at 21.

Fill the glaring holes and anything can happen.  

I guess I like the move but why does there always have to be a big ol' IF involved?

Man you really are TRYING to find the negative in this.

We literally got a proven starting LT by moving back 9 spots in the draft. Yea its a bit of a risk with his injuries the last couple of years, although he didn't miss a game the first 4 seasons and played 11 in his 5th. 

There is always a "big ol' IF" involved in everything if you go looking for one. 

You wanna talk about risk? The draft is nothing but risk, picking unproven talent. (CedO and Fisher for example.)

We got a top 10 LT(for 3 Years / 30 Million) to move back 9 spots in the first round and will still get a top 20 talent that falls due to teams picking QB's way too early.

Really seems like a stretch to see this as anything but a positive.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Moving down 9 spots isn't bad at all. It might even "allow" us to take a player at a position of need, like Center or Guard, whereas there may not have been a prospect "worth" the 12 slot.

I am concerned about Glenn's injury history but if he can stay healthy, our left tackle position is solved.

I'd still take a good tackle prospect later in the draft, just in case though.
Reply/Quote
Now re-sign Smith and draft a center.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 07:02 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Also everyone loves Billie price and I think he'd be a good pick,he can also play guard. But I wish Bodine got signed elsewhere and we went price or ragnow.adding a center and left tackle would upgrade this o line. As long as ced isn't right tackle.

I believe that ship sailed a full year before the him playing LT sailed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This whole chronic foot issue combined with the cap space is kind of scary hopefully it works out at least we tried even though i feel we could have talked them into something cheaper
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: I believe that ship sailed a full year before the him playing LT sailed.

Lol let's hope the line is always better without him
Reply/Quote
I also agree that our new o line coach had some pull in this ,our line will be improved guys yayy
Reply/Quote
And from what I’ve read bills fans wanted Dion Dawkins starting anyways
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 07:09 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Man you really are TRYING to find the negative in this.

We literally got a proven starting LT by moving back 9 spots in the draft. Yea its a bit of a risk with his injuries the last couple of years, although he didn't miss a game the first 4 seasons and played 11 in his 5th. 

There is always a "big ol' IF" involved in everything if you go looking for one. 

You wanna talk about risk? The draft is nothing but risk, picking unproven talent. (CedO and Fisher for example.)

We got a top 10 LT(for 3 Years / 30 Million) to move back 9 spots in the first round and will still get a top 20 talent that falls due to teams picking QB's way too early.

Really seems like a stretch to see this as anything but a positive.

What did I say that was so negative?  There's a big IF in this, you said so yourself.  Which is more relative, his last two years or the previous four?  Who knows?  Time will tell.  I'm hoping for the best.  Am I supposed to jump up and down?  I'm a Bengals fan, burn marks all over me to prove it.  I'll take a wait and see, whether you like it or not.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
this dude is injured more often than not..could have drafted a younger left tackle at 12
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 07:11 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Lol let's hope the line is always better without him
I'm not sure there's even a place for him on this team any more.

Reply/Quote
Not sure how I feel about it.

I figured the run on QBs would leave us in great shape at 12 to grab a great prospect like the LB out of Georgia if we aquired a tackle via trade of free agency.

And while I wanted Glenn in that draft coming out, I am concerned of his recent injuries. They were to the joints that a lineman needs healthy to be able to dominate.

If we were willing to spend that much on Glenn, why not go after Solder instead and keep the high pick?

On the flip side of things, if they are willing to pay Glenn that much without knowing that he can return to form, they should have no issue with taking the same gamble on Eifert.
Reply/Quote
Ok I am absolutely shocked
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wrong.

We are on the hook for 3 years for $30 million.

$11.5 cap hit this year, $9.25 in '19 and '20.

Yes.  I was wrong.  Does this admission give you a full boner or just a partial?

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 05:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Great move. We got our starting LT.

wrong..Th e dude has missed many games the past 2 seasons..we could have done better and healthier in the draft
Reply/Quote
What do we do if "Glenn gets a clean bill of health" and Mike McGlinchey is there at pick 21?
Draft him and start him at RT? Pick someone else?
Reply/Quote
Not sure if I want them to cut guys to clear space for more FA signings or if I want Glenn's contract to be expensive enough to keep them from bringing back Rust Bucket Bodine. Bodine's departure would make this offseason glorious even if it meant no more outside FA acquisitions.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 07:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: What do we do if "Glenn gets a clean bill of health" and Mike McGlinchey is there at pick 21?
Draft him and start him at RT? Pick someone else?

I wouldn't hate it if they did that.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 07:19 PM)McC Wrote: I'm not sure there's even a place for him on this team any more.

If they still bring Smith back, there may not be.  
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 07:17 PM)cooper Wrote: this dude is injured more often than not..could have drafted a younger left tackle at 12

Played 78 out 96 games in his career.

28 Years old.

Getting a proven LT and still picking a top 20 talent in the first round.

But sure we could have just gotten a younger left tackle at 12 who has proven nothing in the NFL.
Reply/Quote