Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Breaking: Cordy Glenn a Bengal!
(03-12-2018, 11:22 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 2016: 70th out of 76 tackles (don't have the exact grade)
2017: 41 (ranked 70th among tackles)

So based on that jump he'll be the 12th best tackle in 2018 right?  Ninja Ninja

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 11:26 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Had a kidney removed in 2014.

Supposedly had an operation for bones spurs to fix the two year lower leg injury.

Not gonna get my hopes up until its official. Wondering if a physical has been done.

If he is healthy i like it. If we got damaged goods we didnt get burnt too bad since we still have a first.

Worth a shot. Getting what was not long ago one of the better up and coming LTs for a 9 spot drop in the first and plus getting to move back into round 5 seems like a solid ass move.

I won't lie that the one kidney thing has me taken back a bit at the moment.  I'm glad you cleared up the foot issues, because the little that I just looked at on the davita site mentioned ankle swelling and protein issues as complications of having one.  I'd imagine losing weight can only help him. 

In a vacuum our depth chart is:
1. One kidney 
2. Coming off heart surgery
3. May need similar surgery to find one
4. Dillusionally IDs as the NFL's best T

Maybe that looks bad but I care about the health of the guys first, hopefully things work out.
Reply/Quote
This was one of those rare trades where it was a no brainer for both teams. I'm just glad the Bengals FO finally pulled the trigger.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 11:18 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Your comment is valid.

But Glenn has the markings of the next Willie Anderson.

The question is, who would be his dance partner on the right side? I don't see Fisher as RG. He doesn't have Bobbie Williams size. Can't run behind him...

Who knows, maybe Bobby Hart catches fire here. Dude is plenty big. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
According to the trade value chart our pick 12 (1200) points and their 21 (800) equals the value of the 50th pick (400). So the question is would you move back to 21 for a mid round second, or is Corday Glenn better than an ot they'd get at 50?

If he's healthy this looks a good deal for both teams
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 11:18 PM)XsandOs Wrote: Your comment is valid.

But Glenn has the markings of the next Willie Anderson.

The question is, who would be his dance partner on the right side? I don't see Fisher as RG. He doesn't have Bobbie Williams size. Can't run behind him...

I think if a Willie was on this roster they'd ask him to play LT since nobody else can.  Until someone improves or is added that could change, but Glenn is the LT.  I'd like to see them get a solid RG project but with this roster it may be Redman and Westerman battling it out with Fisher the super sub.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:19 AM)phil413 Wrote: I think if a Willie was on this roster they'd ask him to play LT since nobody else can.  Until someone improves or is added that could change, but Glenn is the LT.  I'd like to see them get a solid RG project but with this roster it may be Redman and Westerman battling it out with Fisher the super sub.

IDK, we had some pretty crappy LTs during Willie's early years and we never asked him to move. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:49 PM)samhain Wrote: We now have 4 members of the 2010 Georgia Bulldogs roster starting for this team in Glenn, AJ, Boling, and Williams.  

Go ahead and draft Isaiah Wynn to play center and have 2/3 UGA line.

Wynn is one of the few OL i wanted anyway and he could still be available at 21. 

Would love to bring him into the fold. 

Would be stoked ! 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 11:22 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 2016: 70th out of 76 tackles (don't have the exact grade)
2017: 41 (ranked 70th among tackles)

Geez. We're going from the outhouse to the penthouse at LT.

(03-12-2018, 11:57 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This was one of those rare trades where it was a no brainer for both teams. I'm just glad the Bengals FO finally pulled the trigger.

Yup. Definitely a rare win-win. Buffalo gets in position to make a draft day splash at QB, we shore up the LT spot in a big way while trading back to (hopefully) fill the Center or RG spot.

(03-13-2018, 12:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Who knows, maybe Bobby Hart catches fire here. Dude is plenty big. 

Maybe. I'll keep an open mind about Hart. At the very least, he's another body to throw in there if Fisher can't nail down RT.

Kinda hard to make major upgrades to 4 spots on the line in one off-season, but we're off to a great start.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 06:50 PM)Shady Wrote: You have to figure that Pollack likes Glenn. PA would have told Marcvin to pass. "Me and my guys, we got this. We don't need to make any moves."  

If we can move the ball on the ground, AJ's gonna feast. 

Here's what CBS sees as falling around that 21 spot. I'd be happy with any of those underlined. Wynn might not be a bad choice.

18 Vita Vea Washington Jr DT 3 6-5 344
19 James Washington Oklahoma St. Sr WR 2 6-0 205
20 Marcus Davenport UTSA Sr DE 3 6-7 255
21 Isaiah Wynn Georgia Sr OT 1 6-2 302
22 Sam Darnold USC Soph QB 4 6-4 225
23 Da'Ron Payne Alabama Jr DT 4 6-2 308
24 Will Hernandez UTEP Sr OG 2 6-3 330

25 Tremaine Edmunds Va. Tech Jr ILB 2 6-5 236
26 Orlando Brown Oklahoma Jr OT 2 6-8 360
27 Leighton Vander Esch Boise St. Jr OLB 1 6-4 242

Why would you want to draft a nt? 
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 10:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Not what Ive been reading.. more that the Bills needed this move to continue to move up.. now they will attempt to trade into top 10 with their 12th pick..

both teams got what they wanted.. Bills needed to move up to position for a QB. they had a tackle in waiting.. Bengals did not have a proven tackle and did not want to risk with a unproven 12th pick at tackle and still have a value pick in 1st round

Maybe it was the way I was taking it. CBS put it like Bills dump Cordy Glenn and massive salary to move up. Its like he wasn't good and got some sucker to take him.

I like the Bills trading up but you cant help but like what we got also. A hurt Glenn is better than Ogbuehi.
Reply/Quote
Getting Wynn/Hernandez at 21 then being able to come back with Daniels/Prince in round two would totally overhaul the line.

Probably debating Daniels - Westernan/ or Price - Wynn/Hernandez . Doubtful Daniels makes it back
Reply/Quote
CBS rewrote their article since then, and now it says both sides should be happy.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 10:25 PM)Benton Wrote: That's my concern. 

I don't know a ton about the guy, but from what I've read, it sounds like he's another Andre. Solid on the line when he's healthy, a noticeable liability when he's not. 

If nothing else, it sounds like we still upgraded our LT. At worst, like Smith, he may just be part-time.

Last two seasons were rough, but he was pretty consistent in the four years prior, playing all 16 games except for 13 his rookie year.

He'll also only be 29 just after the start of the season (actually, he turns 29 on the 19th anniversary of my wreck, September 18th).

Any issue below the waste is serious for a lineman, but you also need to think that maybe the only reason the Bills let him go was that they drafted a left tackle in the second round last year.  If that's the case and he can remain healthy, it's a hell of a steal.

Pray for his health!
Reply/Quote
Anyone that whines about the same ol Bengals and status quo is being completely dishonest with themselves. Between letting Alexander go, the Pacman situation, and now this, you have to give them credit for making legitimate moves to better the team. I’m excited.

Reply/Quote
Getting a LT while only moving back 10 spots, plus moving up to get an extra 5th round pick is so worth the gamble.

Especially if he can be released at no cost if injury lingers after only one year.

Suspect they may go defense now at 21 and am ok with that.

But grab a Wynn at 21 and OL is fixed and draft is free to do whatever from that point on and believe we are serious contenders again immediately.

Thank you MB

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Not sure where wolf got his grades but in 2016 Glenn earned a 82.2 pff grade good for 21st in the league. Also had the 10rh highest pass blocking efficiency at 96.4 with 17 qb pressures all year.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 08:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fun fact: Cordy and Clint share the record for most starts by a UGA olineman.

As to the trade: Great news; however, I wouldn't write in Cordy as the starting LT yet. Dude has flexibility, he can push inside to RG or play RT.

As counter-intuitive as it may be, Glenn(from what I've seen) looks far better on the left side.  As to why, I can't be certain, but I'd hope that they allow him to play his natural position and don't try to fix what isn't broken.
Reply/Quote
One kidney,that is something to worry about . But I think he's still worth the risk. But a guy in my group made a good point. People are loving this pickup but don't want to pay eifert,I got stuck on that like you got a point.

I actually liked our new guards alot and feel like Fisher if he didn't work out he could play guard. Guard is one of the easier positions on the line. I do like Hernandez ,but the only real reason I kind of like him (not like others do) is because when's the last time we had a Mexican lineman? Munoz? And he was a hall of famer. But I actually like Wynn better then him. If we needed a replacement at tackle Wynn could play it. I also like Frank ragnow more then price. They both can play guard also too. But if they sign Bodine how important is a center on their list?

I do like receivers and tight end or even Lamar Jackson at 21 I know alot don't. And I like the Alabama guys and josh Jackson. But we did good with this trade,but probably the smart thing to do is still draft a tackle ,or guard/tackle Wynn. Also Orlando brown knows Marvin well and he can play both tackle spots . If Andre Smith is really gone, he could definitely be the pick. I think the new o line coach likes big guys,that seemed to be what Dallas o lineman was,I remember when they killed us,i thought damn look how big their o line is.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2018, 12:07 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: According to the trade value chart our pick 12 (1200) points and their 21 (800) equals the value of the 50th pick (400).  So the question is would you move back to 21 for a mid round second, or is Corday Glenn better than an ot they'd get at 50?  

If he's healthy this looks a good deal for both teams

You did not even mention the value we got for moving up 30 spots from the 6th to 5th round also. 30 spots is a lot.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote