Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Whit to Rams
(03-09-2017, 03:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Which is why I was so pissed when we drafted Ogbuehi in the first round XD

Especially a project with a torn ACL
Reply/Quote
Such an embarrassment to the front office. Now Dalton will have to assume that someone is always coming at him with a free shot from the blind side.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:26 AM)jj22 Wrote: It's official.

Let the complaints about our FO begin. He's not going to a contender. I can't respect that. But wish him well.

Ced has to step up. No other choice now. This isn't the draft to replace Whit. You knew he was gone yesterday when reports stated how the Bengals tried to undermine him at combine.

IF this is true, there is nothing wrong with playing for the LA Rams.  For one thing, Hollywood and Beverly Hills always loved their Rams players.  Moving from St Louis to LA, Rams are going to have money to spend. The LA Rams will be good fast. Some LA Rams ended up in movies or TV before leaving for St Louis.  Whitworth and his family could get treated like kings by Hollywood society. Plus all the money he may be getting offered. Kentucky Kin folk said Jed move away from here. Californey place you want to be. Loaded up the truck and move to Beverley. Hills that is, swimming pools, movie stars. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:26 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I could be wrong, but weren't both of those offers significantly less guaranteed money?  If it is less in guarantees, then it is not really a similar deal.

They were. Hence no reply.

(03-09-2017, 02:55 PM)BengalBo Wrote: They tried to draft a replacement but it didn't work out

...and they kept the inept coach responsible for this mess. Paul Alexander quite possibly ended the little (playoff appearance) run we were on single handedly.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Holy shit Rams

Our O line is ******
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Jon Toth, Center out of Kentucky, can play all 3 interior line positions and is the real deal. Seems more and more to be the logical choice to me...

He's another guy I keep hearing about but honestly, I haven't seen anything of him. The fact that he can play all 3 interior line positions would definitely be a plus.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:35 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: That is a lot of money but going to the Rams......that says a lot about what he thought the Bengals chances were to win this year....says might as well get paid if I am not going to win...unreal day to be a Bengal fan. It should have never gotten to this point with Whit. Drafting Ogbuehi and Fisher is going to set this team back a good 5 years minimum.

I've heard that he was waiting to see what happened with Z and Dre.   I think he was sniffing a lack of commitment to winning from the front office and figured it was better to bow out now and take advantage of a pay day.

What a waste.   The free agent market is poor and the draft market is too.

They will have to do something ugly to insure Dalton's safety... but I doubt they will.  If I'm Dalton and Green I'm considering an overdose.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Bengals.com is saying Ced Era begins with Whit to LA Rams. Sounds pretty official.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:23 PM)Benton Wrote: They drafted a replacement. He left for more money. I'm not sure the sticking to?

Big question mark after the injury. But reports are he's going to play with his brother, anyway.

I haven't had a chance to see what (or if) the Bengals offered, but my guess is that had something to do with it. The rumors I've heard was they were offering the same kind of money, but only wanted a 1 or 2 year deal. Which, to me, is understandable.

My guess is that it was a combination of things, some of which may have been moving to guard, a one year contract, less guaranteed money and the writing on the wall that said Zeitler was gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:45 PM)3wt Wrote: I've heard that he was waiting to see what happened with Z and Dre.   I think he was sniffing a lack of commitment to winning from the front office and figured it was better to bow out now and take advantage of a pay day.

What a waste.   The free agent market is poor and the draft market is too.

They will have to do something ugly to insure Dalton's safety... but I doubt they will.  If I'm Dalton and Green I'm considering an overdose.

I don't blame Whit for leaving. He was a loyal guy and he isn't just going to up and head to a young Rams team on the other side of the country unless he felt a lack of commitment to winning from the Bengals. I still haven't gotten over losing J Joe several years back. We have drafted how many corners now trying to replace him properly? Then losing Jones and Sanu both really hurt last year. Not to mention letting Reggie Nelson who was the leader of the secondary just walk. Now the team leader and one of the best LT in football is gone in Whitworth and likely the best young RG in Zeitler is gone as well. My lose Kirkpatrick and have Pacman suspended. I don't know what in the world they are even trying to do at this point.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: See, I actually believe Hobson on this one. If only because of how he worded it.

"up to $12m"

As in.. they probably offered a 1yr/$8m deal, with like $4m in incentives. Thus it would be "up to" $12m.

I can see the Bengals offering Whit 1yr/$8m or something. That's suitably cheap and idiotic for them.

With the $4 million for winning the super bowl  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:48 PM)kevin Wrote: Yeah, Bengals.com is saying Ced Era begins with Whit to LA Rams.  Sounds pretty official.

Andy is going to be running for his life this year.  :paul:
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:36 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Andy is going to be running for his life this year.  :paul:

BREAKING: Andy Dalton's spine when Myles Garrett blows by Ced.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: BREAKING: Andy Dalton's spine when Myles Garrett blows by Ced.

Sad truth right here...

What's even sadder is a rusty turnstile would be a better LT than Ced. Those can at least get stuck sometimes and cause an inconvenience.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
Rusty turnstile? I'm sure the Cincinnati Gardens has one. They just won't fit in Mike's lumina

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
What amazes me is that the Bengals FO manages to find the money to sign turds like Adam Jones and Michael Johnson, but just can't keep one of the greatest Bengals to ever wear the uniform.

Sad.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Whit......gonna miss that fella. One of my all time favorites to wear the stripes. Great ballplayer and class act.
Reply/Quote
By the numbers:

1. The organization: mismanagement personified. Never should have reached this point.

2. The coach: dullsville. No inspiration, no nothing. Just a guy.

3. One way to look at it: we are about to lose Whitworth, and keep Pacman Jones. Nice imagery for the club.

4. Our line: get ready for dysfunction that matches the management.

5. Team morale: in the dumper.

6. Fan morale: Somewhere underneath the dumper.

7. Our quarterbacks: scared shitless. McCarron must really be praying for a trade, even more than before.

8. The stadium: two-thirds full and listless.

9. Mike Brown: oblivious to organizational dynamics.

10. Duke Tobin: outnumbered by morons.

There's my top ten.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:32 PM)kevin Wrote: IF this is true, there is nothing wrong with playing for the LA Rams.  For one thing, Hollywood and Beverly Hills always loved their Rams players.  Moving from St Louis to LA, Rams are going to have money to spend. The LA Rams will be good fast. Some LA Rams ended up in movies or TV before leaving for St Louis.  Whitworth and his family could get treated like kings by Hollywood society. Plus all the money he may be getting offered. Kentucky Kin folk said Jed move away from here. Californey place you want to be. Loaded up the truck and move to Beverley. Hills that is, swimming pools, movie stars. 

Got news for you - that was under previous ownership.  It's night and day now.  LA fans are not the loyal group they used to be.  IF the team stinks, they don't show up.  It's easily one of the bottom 3 owners in the league and one of the bottom 5 franchises/
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:18 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is a good point, but allow me a minute to explain something:

There's "Cincinnati good" and "NFL good."  There's no question Andrew Whitworth was a superstar with the Bengals but would he command such attention with oh, um, let's say Dallas?

PFF rated him as the number two left tackle last year, so yes I would say he is "NFL good".
Reply/Quote