Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking: Whit to Rams
(03-09-2017, 07:03 PM)McC Wrote: This is how I feel--go Whit, you're ***** dead to me now.

This.

I now have zero respect for him, stating he would only leave for a contender to then sign with the LA Browns.

Had he said it was about securing more of a financial future or wanting a multi year commitment, then I would have had no problem with him moving on.  But to make that kind of statement then chase the money means you are not a man of your word and, in my opinion, of poor character.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This.

I now have zero respect for him, stating he would only leave for a contender to then sign with the LA Browns.

Had he said it was about securing more of a financial future or wanting a multi year commitment, then I would have had no problem with him moving on.  But to make that kind of statement then chase the money means you are not a man of your word and, in my opinion, of poor character.

....but you guys will defend the FO that continually shits on and lies to us all?  I don't get that.  Talk about battered spouse syndrome !  LOL. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....but you guys will defend the FO that continually shits on and lies to us all?  I don't get that.  Talk about battered spouse syndrome !  LOL. Wink

I never once defended the FO.  A lie is a lie, that's all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 06:50 PM)McC Wrote: If you're in your 30's and your team is drafting your future replacement, it's not necessarily a slap in the face.  For big, strong, tough guys, they sure seem to be awfully sensitive.

People have ego, they have pride, and they have feelings.  In fact, the "big, strong, tough" guys you speak of are going to have more pride and ego than your regular person because of the success they have had and the way they have been treated because of it.  No one likes to be disrespected, especially not when they have options.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:09 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: People have ego, they have pride, and they have feelings.  In fact, the "big, strong, tough" guys you speak of are going to have more pride and ego than your regular person because of the success they have had and the way they have been treated because of it.  No one likes to be disrespected, especially not when they have options.
True.  They are spoiled *****, to be sure.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:47 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: This.

How much respect do you have for the guys who choose to sign with the perennial losers known as the Bengals?
Reply/Quote
Things to never believe--

College coaches promising their players they're not going anywhere.

Professional athletes claiming, "I don't care about the money, I just want a ring."

Reply/Quote
If you want to gag, read Hobspin's "Facelift" article on Bengals.com about how Ogbuehi, Fisher, Boling, Bodine, and Johnson are such a talented new line.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:23 PM)McC Wrote: Things to never believe--

College coaches promising their players they're not going anywhere.

Professional athletes claiming, "I don't care about the money, I just want a ring."

you forgot a few.

Marvin Lewis: The Oline is not a concern. and this priceless gem "There's nobody in Cincinnati that wants to win more than the man upstairs."

The Bengals: We are committed to winning.

Hobson: The Bengals salary cap room is super tiny guys!

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Here is what it comes down to Whitworth gave up one sack in two years and still playing good top 3 LT in the NFL.
Last year Zeitler gave up 2 sacks all year and we let those two walk off a team that just gave up 45 sacks.
So how bad do you think it's going to look like with two backups taking the spots of your best two lineman!?
Remember Andy also has the second fastest release time in the NFL!
We are going back to the dark ages and there's nothing we fans can do about it.
That's what kept us in the dark ages was bad line play it's a repeat of their own history they didn't learn anything from it.
They didn't use any tags to save us from this that's what pisses me off the most they being the worst FO in the NFL
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:23 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If you want to gag, read Hobspin's "Facelift" article on Bengals.com about how Ogbuehi, Fisher, Boling, Bodine, and Johnson are such a talented new line.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so damn sad.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:08 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: Here is what it comes down to Whitworth gave up one sack in two years and still playing good top 3 LT in the NFL.
Last year Zeitler gave up 2 sacks all year and we let those two walk off a team that just gave up 45 sacks.
So how bad do you think it's going to look like with two backups taking the spots of your best two lineman!?
Remember Andy also has the second fastest release time in the NFL!
We are going back to the dark ages and there's nothing we fans can do about it.
That's what kept us in the dark ages was bad line play it's a repeat of their own history they didn't learn anything from it.
They didn't use any tags to save us from this that's what pisses me off the most they being the worst FO in the NFL

Hey remember that time we tagged Nugent two years in a row?  That was fun.
Reply/Quote
The guy poured his heart and soul into his craft for his entire tenure here, and was all-around a stand-up guy the whole time.  It was a business decision - one that no one should fault him for.  I really would have liked to see the Bengals FO try to throw more guaranteed money at him in an attempt to keep him, but it wasn't in the cards.  If you're going to attack someone about it, you should probably look at them(FO).  RIP Bengals o-line.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:16 PM)JumboTron Wrote: It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so damn sad.

I'm furious.  The Bengals have ticked me off before, but never like this.  
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:13 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I understand that age is a concern, but what "sign of slowing down" are you referring to?  The guy was All-Pro in 2015, and only allowed 14 pressures on more than 500 drop backs last year.  He did not allow a sack after week five.  He was the number two rated LT last year.  You can be concerned about him being able to maintain, but he is still playing at an exceptionally high level to this point.

He gave up no sacks in '14 and '15.  I'm not saying he didn't play at a very high level, but he didn't play as well as he has in the recent past, which could be read as the beginning of him dropping off or dismissed.  However, at his age, you have to be careful with long term deals that include a significant amount of guaranteed money.  The Bengals are also a little more handcuffed than the Rams on offering him a similar deal.  Say Whit backslides this year into a merely serviceable starter, but no longer the elite player he once was.  The Rams can cut him with a shrug from their fanbase, but the Bengals would have a PR nightmare if they did the same.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:04 PM)McC Wrote: I never once defended the FO.  A lie is a lie, that's all.

I think Whit was genuinely interested in returning....but was most likely lowballed....or when they didn't keep Z....they showed HIM what THEY were interested in.  Whit stayed before...the Bungals always lie. Whrn we go off past track records....you're looking at a different story

Reply/Quote
I'll never bash Whit. He is one of the best Bengals to put on the uniform and was a class act the entire time he was here. Even a strongest person can only take so much from this front office.

He did everything right while he was here. He played his ass off and was a leader on and off the field. I wish him and his family the best of luck.

If you're looking to direct your anger somewhere look no further than Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis. There are two giant reasons the Bengals haven't won a super bowl and can't keep/attract quality players. I'll let you guess what those two reasons are.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:23 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: If you want to gag, read Hobspin's "Facelift" article on Bengals.com about how Ogbuehi, Fisher, Boling, Bodine, and Johnson are such a talented new line.

.....better not....no need to drive to Cincinnati and catch an assault charge.  My God.....even getting paid....I'd have to leave before I put out such a bold faced lie as this.  Disgusting.  I'd make them print out their own bullshit. **** that.

Reply/Quote
Hobson already bringing up the vaunted 5th round comp pick we'll get for Whit.  Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: He gave up no sacks in '14 and '15.  I'm not saying he didn't play at a very high level, but he didn't play as well as he has in the recent past, which could be read as the beginning of him dropping off or dismissed.  However, at his age, you have to be careful with long term deals that include a significant amount of guaranteed money.  The Bengals are also a little more handcuffed than the Rams on offering him a similar deal.  Say Whit backslides this year into a merely serviceable starter, but no longer the elite player he once was.  The Rams can cut him with a shrug from their fanbase, but the Bengals would have a PR nightmare if they did the same.

Even at serviceable.....he's better than the alternative....who isn't even that.

Reply/Quote