Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Brian Callahan going OFF on the offense
Yikes...well, at least they recognize it.

"I was on my couch last night watching my iPad, just fuming." Callahan says "everyone had their moment in the barrel today. Nice to win but we didn't play well enough offensively to win that game."

Brian Callahan, with a laugh, as he chats about the offense and it not playing well: "I'm pretty salty. I don't know if you've picked up on that."

"There needs to be more production on offense, in general, for guys not named Ja'Marr Chase." Brian Callahan. "End of the day, we're not scoring enough. We're not producing enough."

"Not good enough. Good enough to be 3-3 but not good enough to be where we want to be, not where I hope we'd have been." Brian Callahan on Bengals offense through 6 weeks.

Asked Callahan about improving the run game. Says will consider going under center more.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Well they have two weeks. There are play issues and scheme issues. Let's see what they come up with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
2 weeks to gameplan for San Fran

This is an offensive coordinators dream
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Look in mirror, Brian. The last offensive possession with 2:03 left in the game was a coaching shit show.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 05:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Yikes...well, at least they recognize it.

"I was on my couch last night watching my iPad, just fuming." Callahan says "everyone had their moment in the barrel today. Nice to win but we didn't play well enough offensively to win that game."

Brian Callahan, with a laugh, as he chats about the offense and it not playing well: "I'm pretty salty. I don't know if you've picked up on that."

"There needs to be more production on offense, in general, for guys not named Ja'Marr Chase." Brian Callahan. "End of the day, we're not scoring enough. We're not producing enough."

"Not good enough. Good enough to be 3-3 but not good enough to be where we want to be, not where I hope we'd have been." Brian Callahan on Bengals offense through 6 weeks.

Asked Callahan about improving the run game. Says will consider going under center more.

Please promote Tanner Hudson or find another TE to add via trade or off the street.
Smith is useless.
Sample is contributing as a blocker but not as a receiver.
Bengals could use another option to help get the offense going.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 05:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Look in mirror, Brian. The last offensive possession with 2:03 left in the game was a coaching shit show.

Burrow threw these incomplete passes, not Brian. Burrow was trying to get a first down and end the game, had they ran the ball on the first two downs things would look even worse imo. 1st and 10, Burrow had a clean pocket and he just threw it away, don't know what he saw there. The last pass is a typical 50/50 play, Burrow took a gamble but Higgins couldn't out play the DB. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 05:49 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Look in mirror, Brian. The last offensive possession with 2:03 left in the game was a coaching shit show.

What do you mean? The O had the ball for 16 seconds. 3 incomplete pass attempts and a punt. They should have been able to control the ball and run out the clock.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 05:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: "There needs to be more production on offense, in general, for guys not named Ja'Marr Chase." Brian Callahan. "End of the day, we're not scoring enough. We're not producing enough."

Glad he specifically addressed this. Chase has been the entire offense.

Reply/Quote
Think Boyd has looked good when he’s had targets this season.

Chase is Chase and is the main reason we are 3-3 tbh

Higgins has been disgraceful may not be fully healthy but he’s had more dropped balls than an all boys boarding school.

The contract situation has to be playing on his mind the same way with Bates funny how they share the same agent.

The FO refusal to sign or draft a quality TE and relying on Joe to lift people like CJ and Hurst has come back to bite us on the arse too.

The talent is there yes we have had some poor execution but he and Taylor need to look at themselves too, knowing Burrow wasn’t fully fit the first few games and having **** all run game or ways to scheme guys open is disgusting for an NFL staff.
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 06:05 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: What do you mean? The O had the ball for 16 seconds. 3 incomplete pass attempts and a punt. They should have been able to control the ball and run out the clock.

Actually it was pass run pass and not 3 passes. That said you have to remember they took possession with just over 2 minutes and Seattle had 2 timeouts essentially giving them the full 3 timeouts. We were going to need a first down to run out the clock which meant a pass was likely going to happen. I really had no issue with a pass on first down since the clock was stopping either way.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 06:04 PM)Bengalion Wrote: Burrow threw these incomplete passes, not Brian. Burrow was trying to get a first down and end the game, had they ran the ball on the first two downs things would look even worse imo. 1st and 10, Burrow had a clean pocket and he just threw it away, don't know what he saw there. The last pass is a typical 50/50 play, Burrow took a gamble but Higgins couldn't out play the DB. 

Is that the right situation to ask your QB to throw up a deep 50/50 ball when he has been struggling with that as he still recovers from an injury? To Higgins who is currently playing with broken ribs and tied for 2nd in the league in drops for the season?

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-wr.php

That’s not what I’d call great situational awareness by the coaches to put the players in situations to succeed.
Reply/Quote
Seems to be the hardest thing for these coaches, to look in the mirror and take into account what the coaches are doing wrong to contribute to the problem...
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 06:24 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Actually it was pass run pass and not 3 passes. That said you have to remember they took possession with just over 2 minutes and Seattle had 2 timeouts essentially giving them the full 3 timeouts. We were going to need a first down to run out the clock which meant a pass was likely going to happen. I really had no issue with a pass on first down since the clock was stopping either way.

Regardless, an efficient NFL offense should be able to gain 1 1st down and run the clock to control the game. They couldn't even do that in addition to scoring 3 pts the entire 2nd half. This O is sputtering on 3 cylinders.

But one thing, Robbins is looking better with the punts.
Reply/Quote
Who woulda guessed execution?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Oh, no. He was critical of the offense. Some posters will be very angry.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 06:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Glad he specifically addressed this. Chase has been the entire offense.

Talking to Tee here seems like, amongst others for sure.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
And it only took him 5 weeks to figure this out. We only have two players who can regularly make the 1st man miss (not counting offensive linemen) and I don't know who we're going to get to throw it to Burrow.
Reply/Quote
I'm not the problem. It's the players that entrust me to put them in spots to win.

Whose ***** idea was it to put the game on a Drop-laden Tee Higgins with a rib injury?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 07:00 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Regardless, an efficient NFL offense should be able to gain 1 1st down and run the clock to control the game. They couldn't even do that in addition to scoring 3 pts the entire 2nd half. This O is sputtering on 3 cylinders.

But one thing, Robbins is looking better with the punts.

WIth as much repetition he's been getting, he bloody better be. 
Reply/Quote
One hopes that this awareness, and stating it publicly leads to something.

Btw… I was skimming the Bills board during the game last night and they were flat out losing their shit over shotgun runs, and not particularly thrilled with all the passes out of shotgun. Especially the one where the guy got hurt. Pages of talking about a shotgun run on 3rd an inches. Always amazing how similar all fanbases are.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote