Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring Sanu back !!!
(09-02-2020, 07:55 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I will fight anyone who says that Erickson is better than Sanu.

And by fight, what I really mean is argue with them online.

I personally don’t think either are really good enough to fight over. I was mostly joking when I brought up Erickson as a passer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 08:58 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sanu over Erickson would be one thing (I only brought him up as a joke cause you mentioned backup QB and Erickson played QB in high school), but Sanu over Higgins or Tate? No way. I keep seeing people say Sanu would be 4/5, well then one of those guys is getting bumped in that scenario. I know everyone is worried about them staying healthy, but on paper WR is probably our deepest position group. This move just wouldn’t make sense.

Yeah, Mo would be our last WR in my scenario, so 6th on the depth chart and a trick player in certain situations while having PR
experience and being a good blocker on ST's. He might not want to be that low on the depth chart though and is probably the 
case. Still not against it if Simmons wants to bring him in who knows him well.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 07:59 PM)Au165 Wrote: The New England Patriots, who have one of the worst receiving rooms in the league, just cut him after giving a 2nd for him less than a year ago. All reports out of NE are that he looks slow and plodding.

That’s a pass.

This. I saw some Pats fans blasting him online last year, which surprised me at the time, but he really wasn’t very good.

Reply/Quote
Here's Sanu working out with Cam Newton. (There's about 5 short 10 sec vids in the article that you should watch) I had read this a couple months ago and remember thinking he looked pretty good for a guy coming off surgury.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2622191/cam-newton-and-mohamed-sanu-have-been-working-out-together

PS Does anyone else read Barstoool? Any Stoolies here? It's been a site I visited daily for like the last decade.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 07:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And he has sure hands, runs good routes and can play QB better than our backups lol

I would legitimately take him as the backup QB over Finley.

Bengals should definitely try to get him as I think he'd add some good dependable depth (#4 or #5) to the WR group as long as he's anything close to his former self.

That said I wouldn't be shocked if he goes to Jacksonville. Not a ton of competition for a starting WR job, and he's familiar with Jay Gruden.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I would legitimately take him as the backup QB over Finley.

Bengals should definitely try to get him as I think he'd add some good dependable depth (#4 or #5) to the WR group as long as he's anything close to his former self.

That said I wouldn't be shocked if he goes to Jacksonville. Not a ton of competition for a starting WR job, and he's familiar with Jay Gruden.

Feel the same.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Here's Sanu working out with Cam Newton. (There's about 5 short 10 sec vids in the article that you should watch) I had read this a couple months ago and remember thinking he looked pretty good for a guy coming off surgury.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2622191/cam-newton-and-mohamed-sanu-have-been-working-out-together

PS Does anyone else read Barstoool? Any Stoolies here? It's been a site I visited daily for like the last decade.

I don’t read the site, but I love the Spittin Chiclets podcast.

Reply/Quote
Ever look at ex-girlfriends on facebook?
Reply/Quote
Hey lets bring back washed up Domata Peko too and while we are at it has been never was Jordan Willis. Why not Dalton too.he still has a 1 TD 3 INT
game left in him.
Sanu was released for a reason. The game passed him by.
Simple. He cannot seperate anymore.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 11:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Hey lets bring back washed up Domata Peko too and while we are at it has been never was Jordan Willis. Why not Dalton too.he still has a 1 TD 3 INT
game left in him.

Peko would have at least made sense, as DT was getting extremely thin for a minute there. We don’t need any WR’s though.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 11:37 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Hey lets bring back washed up Domata Peko too and while we are at it has been never was Jordan Willis. Why not Dalton too.he still has a 1 TD 3 INT
game  left in him.

Your poems have such an odd rhythm to them.  
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:00 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Your poems have such an odd rhythm to them.  

It's a highku....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:17 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Here's Sanu working out with Cam Newton. (There's about 5 short 10 sec vids in the article that you should watch) I had read this a couple months ago and remember thinking he looked pretty good for a guy coming off surgury.

Feel like every professional athlete looks good working out lol. I read Barstool for the great entertainment not so much for sports knowledge. I’m from New England and a big Portnoy fan the guy is hilarious and people calling him out only makes him better. Its crazy to see how he turned Barstool into such a powerhouse.
Reply/Quote
Sanu throws a pretty deep ball.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
game left in him.

You forgot Chris Crocker let’s bring him back too and run 4 safety sets.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:00 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Your poems have such an odd rhythm to them.  

I think.so. But look at this way.if we were at a bar talking Bengals how my response was to Sanu is probally pretty darn close how it would sound verbally to you.
If that makes sense 
Reply/Quote
Would definitely be in on adding Sanu.

He never was one that had great separation speed but is strong, has good hands and a solid possession WR.

Could use a possession WR, especially with AJ not a given.

Would not be a big gamble per being down on depth chart.

Find it odd that many are pointing to how bad he did in NE as to why they do not want him. Yet some of the same ones salivated over Ocho Cinco's bad #'s coming out of NE as well.

Not to mention how many said he sucked while he was a Bengal. He did not receive a lot of love here and most were glad he left.

Anyway would do it if affordable, but do not see Sanu accepting this unless it is his only option available.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:42 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would definitely be in on adding Sanu.

He never was one that had great separation speed but is strong, has good hands and a solid possession WR.

Find it odd that many are pointing to how bad he did in NE as to why they do not want him. Yet some of the same ones salivated over Ocho Cinco's bad #'s coming out of NE as well.

Not to mention how many said he sucked while he was a Bengal. He did not receive a lot of love here and most were glad he left.

Anyway would do it if affordable, but do not see Sanu accepting this unless it is his only option available.

Well... In fairness, Sanu wasn't in New England all that long either. Folks are saying he looked slow. When was he ever a burner? I understand that our WR room is crowded. Sanu's also been in the league since 2012. His time has probably passed as far as being in Cincinnati... At the same time, the only thing guys like Tate have over Sanu is youth, even then; he's not young Mo Sanu. Our offense dropped off a cliff when Marvin Jones and Sanu headed elsewhere, but their replacents are already here. I'd sign Sanu if he'd come for next to nothing at this point, but that's it.

Where the hell you been Go Cards? Your presence has been missed around here.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:42 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Would definitely be in on adding Sanu.

What does this even mean? Who on Earth “salivated” over Chad in NE?

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What does this even mean? Who on Earth “salivated” over Chad in NE?

Evelyn Lozada?
Reply/Quote