Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring Sanu back !!!
Yes, I really liked Mohammed when he was with the Bengals and he was behind one of the coolest plays I ever saw, a bomb to AJ in a game against the Redskins where AJ could have walked in because the defense was so fooled. To bring him back though would go against the grain. He'll catch on somewhere. The Buccaneers might be good.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, the Bucs are apparently signing Fournette.  If Brady wants him in Tampa, he will probably also be a Buccaneer.  

Outside of the Bengals, there is no team I'm more excited to see than Tampa Bay.  That's going to be interesting, to say the least. It could either go really well or it could completely blow up in their face.

They added Fournette and Leseason McCoy, when they already have a decent Jones (semi-recent 2nd rounder).

Their tight end group consists of 3 guys who all could probably start somewhere. (Gronk, Howard, Brate)

Their WR duo of Evans and Godwin is maybe the best in the league.

Their QB is 64 years old.

It's such an odd approach.  Talking about going all in for one season.  And how do you keep all of these guys happy?  What does this team look like a year or two from now?

Like I said, interesting stuff.  And yeah, you're right.  The one spot on offense that they haven't addressed is their #3 receiver.  I have a feeling Sanu is better than Scotty Miller.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:27 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote:  I have a feeling Sanu is better than Scotty Miller.

Scotty Miller has lit it up this offseason. He has quickly become one of Brady's favorite targets in camp. It's funny because he is Brady's type, undersized white guy from a MAC school, but he has blazing speed which makes it a little more interesting.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:27 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Outside of the Bengals, there is no team I'm more excited to see than Tampa Bay.  That's going to be interesting, to say the least. It could either go really well or it could completely blow up in their face.

They added Fournette and Leseason McCoy, when they already have a decent Jones (semi-recent 2nd rounder).

Their tight end group consists of 3 guys who all could probably start somewhere. (Gronk, Howard, Brate)

It's such an odd approach.  Talking about going all in for one season.  And how do you keep all of these guys happy?  What does this team look like a year or two from now?

Like I said, interesting stuff.  And yeah, you're right.  The one spot on offense that they haven't addressed is their #3 receiver.  I have a feeling Sanu is better than Scotty Miller.

My sister lives in Tampa and that area is going through an amazing transformation.  I am sure there are still shitty areas, but they are tearing down old warehouses and crappy buildings and are developing upward.  I think 1000 people move in to Tampa EVERY DAY.  Sounds impossible, but I believe that is true.

I really love where she lives and I could easily see me moving there in about 5 years.  The one thing about Tampa Bay (the football team) that no one seems to talk about is they have a damn good defense.  Brady may get all the attention, but their defense is really good. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Scotty Miller has lit it up this offseason. He has quickly become one of Brady's favorite targets in camp. It's funny because he is Brady's type, undersized white guy from a MAC school, but he has blazing speed which makes it a little more interesting.

I never buy into camp hype, especially hype from a shortened camp with limited to no tackling, and no preseason to along with it.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Even if he does live up to his rave reviews, it's not like they're exactly stacked at the 4, 5, 6 spots either. A Sanu, if healthy, could really help that roster.

Also, to each their own, but I'd put the love of those type of guys more on Belichick than Brady.  I'm not saying Brady didn't enjoy teaming up with guys like Welker and Edleman.  But Bill is building those rosters, and has a much greater say in the approach on offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 07:03 PM)Trademark Wrote: Just got cut by New England. Would you want him back?

Only if he replaces Ryan Finley.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 07:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why would we bump back Higgins or Tate who already know this offense and have had reps with Burrow for a guy like Sanu at this point?

Exactly. 

Green
Boyd
Ross
Higgins
Tate
Thomas
Erickson
Morgan

Which one of these guys would you bump for Sanu? I'm not even sure I'd take him over Morgan. Mo didn't do much on STs did he? 

I'm also interested in seeing what Lodge and Washington can do. They'll be on PS this year. Hopefully we'll see them in preseason games in 2021. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:27 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Outside of the Bengals, there is no team I'm more excited to see than Tampa Bay.  That's going to be interesting, to say the least. It could either go really well or it could completely blow up in their face.

I can't blame TB for going all-in on the big name free agents considering they haven't won a playoff game since they won the 2002 SB, they haven't made the playoffs since 2007, they've had 1 winning season in the past decade, and they just rid themselves of an exceedingly unpopular 1st overall pick QB bust.

Add in that they went 7-9 last year and weren't in a spot to take an instant replacement and I think they made the right move to turn the team on a dime.  Does it pan out?  Maybe, maybe not but they had to do something. It'll be interesting to see how the Arians/Brady pairing goes. Arians did some good work with Manning/Luck/Ben/Palmer but their first years in his system did lead to high INT stats so it's no wonder Winston went super INT crazy. I think Brady avoids that, but hey the Bucs are interesting for the first time in almost 20 years...kudos to them for that.

FUN FACT! Winton's 30 INTs last year wasn't even the most in Bucs history. In 1983 Vinny Testaverde (bonus fun fact, Testaverde is Spanish for Green Testicle) thew 35 of em!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:48 AM)Au165 Wrote: Scotty Miller has lit it up this offseason. He has quickly become one of Brady's favorite targets in camp. It's funny because he is Brady's type, undersized white guy from a MAC school, but he has blazing speed which makes it a little more interesting.

(09-03-2020, 10:59 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I never buy into camp hype, especially hype from a shortened camp with limited to no tackling, and no preseason to along with it.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Even if he does live up to his rave reviews, it's not like they're exactly stacked at the 4, 5, 6 spots either.  A Sanu, if healthy, could really help that roster.

Also, to each their own, but I'd put the love of those type of guys more on Belichick than Brady.  I'm not saying Brady didn't enjoy teaming up with guys like Welker and Edleman.  But Bill is building those rosters, and has a much greater say in the approach on offense.

That said, I'm hearing the same thing about Miller. Not saying Mo couldn't crack their roster though.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 11:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: (bonus fun fact, Testaverde is Spanish for Green Testicle) 

That is fun! (The fact, not green testicles.  That's gross, or would suck to have. Unless you're a Parrot with huge nads.)

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him back, but let's temper expectations.

Sanu has never had more than 790 yards and 5 TDs, which was the year Marvin Jones was out the whole year. He's a WR3 possession guy who does his best work in the slot.
If he came back to Cincy, he'd essentially have to be Boyd's backup or bump Boyd outside, neither of which is ideal.

The Bengals probably need a guy who can play outside and/or deep threat if they were to bring in a veteran.
Someone like Demaryius Thomas or Taylor Gabriel.

But to be honest, a veteran probably doesn't make sense anyway because their WR group is solidified between Green, Boyd, Ross, Tate, and Higgins. A 6th or 7th WR will need to play ST, of which I don't believe Sanu does much (only 31 snaps last year).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 11:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: (bonus fun fact, Testaverde is Spanish for Green Testicle)

(09-03-2020, 01:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: That is fun! (The fact, not green testicles. That's gross, or would suck to have. Unless you're a Parrot with huge nads.)

It's actually Italian for Greenhead, not Spanish Wink

(09-03-2020, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Sanu has never had more than 790 yards and 5 TDs, which was the year Marvin Jones was out the whole year.

I don't want him back in the slightest, but the above is not accurate (is in TDs!):

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/S/SanuMo00/gamelog/2018/

He had Julio running the ship as well, that year.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 11:34 AM)BURROWorBUST Wrote: Exactly. 

Green
Boyd
Ross
Higgins
Tate
Thomas
Erickson
Morgan

Which one of these guys would you bump for Sanu? I'm not even sure I'd take him over Morgan. Mo didn't do much on STs did he? 

I'm also interested in seeing what Lodge and Washington can do. They'll be on PS this year. Hopefully we'll see them in preseason games in 2021. 

When the injuries start piling up, Washington may get plucked, unfortunately. Young talent with an upside are usually hot commodity's.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 11:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't blame TB for going all-in on the big name free agents considering they haven't won a playoff game since they won the 2002 SB, they haven't made the playoffs since 2007, they've had 1 winning season in the past decade, and they just rid themselves of an exceedingly unpopular 1st overall pick QB bust.

Add in that they went 7-9 last year and weren't in a spot to take an instant replacement and I think they made the right move to turn the team on a dime.  Does it pan out?  Maybe, maybe not but they had to do something.  It'll be interesting to see how the Arians/Brady pairing goes.  Arians did some good work with Manning/Luck/Ben/Palmer but their first years in his system did lead to high INT stats so it's no wonder Winston went super INT crazy.  I think Brady avoids that, but hey the Bucs are interesting for the first time in almost 20 years...kudos to them for that.

FUN FACT!  Winton's 30 INTs last year wasn't even the most in Bucs history.  In 1983 Vinny Testaverde (bonus fun fact, Testaverde is Spanish for Green Testicle) thew 35 of em!

*Green Head

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 05:31 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: *Green Head

It's nice to see a joke I've been using sporadically for 30+ years is still a hit.
Reply/Quote
He was never good. I swear he's the most overrated receiver ever to accomplish as little as he has
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 02:54 PM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: When the injuries start piling up, Washington may get plucked, unfortunately. Young talent with an upside are usually hot commodity's.

i heard teams are allowed to protect X number of PS players. I don't know the value of X. Would Washington be one of them? No clue. We dont know much this year w/out a real preseason. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Did Sanu suddenly learn how to get open? If no, then pass.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 12:13 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Did Sanu suddenly learn how to get open? If no, then pass.

Did he learn to catch?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 07:17 PM)motoarch Wrote: He was never good. I swear he's the most overrated receiver ever to accomplish as little as he has

Not true in the slightest.

Overrated? Absolutely; the guy is more of a 4th rounder or later, someone who makes the team but is never featured and doesn't stand out: He and Marvin Jones should have their draft spots swapped, in retrospect.

Decent hands (which is probably the area he's most-overrated), slow, good blocker (not great), good gadget guy as he has a strong arm and experience as a QB.

But he's nothing better than a WR3.

Also, dropping your fiancée (whom you have a kid with), for an Instagram model that isn't even that much better-looking, shows the kind of person he is.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote