Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bring Sanu back !!!
I like Sanu just fine, but he doesn't have a place here any longer. He left for " greener" pastures. Best of luck to him!
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:00 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: What does this even mean? Who on Earth “salivated” over Chad in NE?

Did not say while he was in NE, said upon his release like Sanu. Yet many were still on his jock and still crying we let him go while he was there..

Many on here did beg for his return when NE cut him. Multiple threads and weeks of discussions too. 

Is this a joke question because believe you were around then as well.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 12:54 AM)jason Wrote: Well... In fairness, Sanu wasn't in New England all that long either. Folks are saying he looked slow. When was he ever a burner? I understand that our WR room is crowded. Sanu's also been in the league since 2012. His time has probably passed as far as being in Cincinnati... At the same time, the only thing guys like Tate have over Sanu is youth, even then; he's not young Mo Sanu. Our offense dropped off a cliff when Marvin Jones and Sanu headed elsewhere, but their replacents are already here. I'd sign Sanu if he'd come for next to nothing at this point, but that's it.

Where the hell you been Go Cards? Your presence has been missed around here.

Thanks man, been real busy working yet doubt I was missed by many lol. 

Yet do miss all the incredible insightful post from this forum. So plan on rectifying my absentee problem now the season is dawning 

Agree with you that would only want if he was cheap. Couple that with not much PT available which is why he will not come.
Hey like him much but like what we have too. So am cool either way.

Who Dey !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:21 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Did not say while he was in NE, said upon his release like Sanu. Yet many were still on his jock and still crying we let him go while he was there..

Many on here did beg for his return when NE cut him. Multiple threads and weeks of discussions too. 

Is this a joke question because believe you were around then as well.  

I was definitely not around on any Bengals boards during Chad’s playing career. And it’s hard for me to believe anyone would have wanted him back after that horrendous season in NE. Other than maybe to ceremoniously retire a Bengal.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:06 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: I like Sanu just fine, but he doesn't have a place here any longer. He left for " greener" pastures. Best of luck to him!

He did, but he was third fiddle here and get why he made that move.

Dislike many that bolt via FA, but understand his move and he proved it to be right. 

Am happy with what we have already and am stoked to see Higgins in stripes. So really no bg deal if we do sign or not.

You know me, would always rather spend on the trench players anyway.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:48 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I was definitely not around on any Bengals boards during Chad’s playing career. And it’s hard for me to believe anyone would have wanted him back after that horrendous season in NE. Other than maybe to ceremoniously retire a Bengal.

That explains it then, but rest assured many on here did want him back desperately at this time. 

To be fair to them he had a great career here, bought unsold tickets so games would not be blacked out, and was a fun player to watch. 

Get some folks infatuation with him, yet I always thought he was a "me guy" and not a team player so disagreed. 

He did have the best footwork Ive ever seen though. 

Guess I was confused about you being here at that time per you being such a good poster.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Want to hear something even funnier.

The calvary(pun intended) wanted Chad/Ocho back after Miami cut him a year or so later even.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 01:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: He did, but he was third fiddle here and get why he made that move.

Dislike many that bolt via FA, but understand his move and he proved it to be right. 

Am happy with what we have already and am stoked to see Higgins in stripes. So really no bg deal if we do sign or not.

You know me, would always rather spend on the trench players anyway.  
Auden Tate is the new Sanu. His gadget/ passing ability is definitely a plus, but I don't expect as many of those kind of plays with Burrow at the helm. Dude does have good hands.
Reply/Quote
No.Tate has really stepped up his game and Higgins is going to be just fine.I really like our WR group.Sanu is obviously past his prime.I think it would go against the chemistry of the other receivers.Burrow needs to continue to work with the group he has.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 08:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I don't necessarily think this is it.

Sanu was in the last year of his contract, and carried no dead cap wieght.  They saved 6.5 million cutting him.  This is incredibly important for two reasons.

1.) The Patriots are in cap hell right now.  They've been up againstit  for awhile, constantly having to move money around.  They have a current cap hit of 13.5 million for Tom Brady, who's obviously in Tampa Bay now.

2.) The salary cap is already being rumored to decrease 20 million next year, and that's assuming this seasons actually plays out.

So I think for a team like them, the first thing you have to look at is what surrounds the cap in this situation.  They desperately need to clear space.

Now, on top of this, you have to look at the WR's.  Edelman is clearly ahead of Sanu, and pretty much everyone else, in the pecking order.  Then you have N'keal Harry who they just took in the first round last season.  He's reportedly had a great camp.  He's obviously important to their future.

I'm guess they just don't want to pay their 3rd guy that much money. Especially when you have a coach like Belichick, that get results from castoffs and nobodies.

I had read earlier this year that Sanu played on really bad ankle last season, and that's why he looked so poor the 2nd half of the season.  They said he was completely healed going into camp.

I'm not saying I don't believe what you're saying, or the reports, but it would not at all shock me if he's just a cap casualty.

And let's be honest, Sanu has never been known for blazing speed.  He's a big, strong receiver who makes his living outworking people and running percise routes.  Unless he's slowed down considerably more, then this description doesn't really scare me off him still being able to be successful in this league.

Did you just say the Patriots are in cap hell? That is not true in the least. They have roughly $30-$40 Million in cap space because all of their opt-outs come off the books for the year. In terms of next year, even with the decrease league-wide, they will have one of the largest cap spaces in the league, currently projected somewhere between $60 and $75 Million. 

This was a move based on him simply not being good anymore. I loved him when he was here, and he had some good years in ATL, but his career is about over.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 07:03 PM)Trademark Wrote: Just got cut by New England. Would you want him back?

As backup QB?  Hell, yes.  
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 07:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Used properly, on deep middle routes, he's like a bull in a china shop vs DBs.

This.  I made a snide comment about him being a QB, but as a backup slot WR, I would take him over Erickson.  And I think Sanu returned kicks (punts) for the pats as well?  
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 07:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Why would we bump back Higgins or Tate who already know this offense and have had reps with Burrow for a guy like Sanu at this point?

Only reason I would say is because they play outside and Sanu plays slot....could be a very good backup to Boyd, but probably wants more than we are paying Erickson.  
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 09:22 AM)Au165 Wrote: Did you just say the Patriots are in cap hell? That is not true in the least. They have roughly $30-$40 Million in cap space because all of their opt-outs come off the books for the year. In terms of next year, even with the decrease league-wide, they will have one of the largest cap spaces in the league, currently projected somewhere between $60 and $75 Million. 

This was a move based on him simply not being good anymore. I loved him when he was here, and he had some good years in ATL, but his career is about over.

You know, I didn't even think of this.  I just remember how much people were talking about the cap space issues before the players opted out.

I just checked and it looks like Cannon (10 mil), Hightower (12 mil), Bolden (5 mil), and Chung (4 mil) saved them over 30 mil alone.

Are you sure that projected space for next season accounts for all these guys coming back on the books though?  All of the 2020 salaries just get kicked to 2021.

Maybe you're right, maybe he's just terrible now.  But who knows with that team?  They do all sorts of weird crap.  A lot of people have speculated that they're purposely tanking this year.  Or maybe Billicheat got some zany plan where's he going to convert some plumber from Australia into a slot receiver.  Who knows?

Even if Sanu isn't worth 6.5 mil, I find it hard to believe he's not worth rostering for someone.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2020, 09:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I would legitimately take him as the backup QB over Finley.

Bengals should definitely try to get him as I think he'd add some good dependable depth (#4 or #5) to the WR group as long as he's anything close to his former self.

That said I wouldn't be shocked if he goes to Jacksonville. Not a ton of competition for a starting WR job, and he's familiar with Jay Gruden.

I can't believe he isn't a Jet, yet...
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 09:54 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: but probably wants more than we are paying Erickson.  

I'm not so sure on that.  We're actually paying Erickson way too much money at 2.06 million.

I gotta believe that that's about the best Sanu can secure right now.  He's 31, coming off a bad year, and we're a week away from the season starting.

I wouldn't be surprised if his main concern is just catching on with the right team, so he can help improve his market for next year.  
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 09:59 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: You know, I didn't even think of this.  I just remember how much people were talking about the cap space issues before the players opted out.

I just checked and it looks like Cannon (10 mil), Hightower (12 mil), Bolden (5 mil), and Chung (4 mil) saved them over 30 mil alone.

Are you sure that projected space for next season accounts for all these guys coming back on the books though?  All of the 2020 salaries just get kicked to 2021.

Maybe you're right, maybe he's just terrible now.  But who knows with that team?  They do all sorts of weird crap.  A lot of people have speculated that they're purposely tanking this year.  Or maybe Billicheat got some zany plan where's he going to convert some plumber from Australia into a slot receiver.  Who knows?

Even if Sanu isn't worth 6.5 mil, I find it hard to believe he's not worth rostering for someone.

Yea, next year's number is correct. They are carrying $25 Million in dead cap this year that comes off the books, plus they have some high veteran deals that are expiring, similar to Sanu.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:05 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I'm not so sure on that.  We're actually paying Erickson way too much money at 2.06 million.

I gotta believe that that's about the best Sanu can secure right now.  He's 31, coming off a bad year, and we're a week away from the season starting.

I wouldn't be surprised if his main concern is just catching on with the right team, so he can help improve his market for next year.  

Well, the Bucs are apparently signing Fournette.  If Brady wants him in Tampa, he will probably also be a Buccaneer.  
Reply/Quote
We need Sanu to come back like we need Andy to come back.

This is ridiculous, people.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2020, 10:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Well, the Bucs are apparently signing Fournette.  If Brady wants him in Tampa, he will probably also be a Buccaneer.  

Now this is a place where the cap is REALLY tight and pulling it off would require a restructure. I think they are more likely to use their extra TE's over another WR beyond their main three guys so I doubt they'd put much effort in squeezing him in.
Reply/Quote