Poll: Who Wins Sunday?
Broncos win
Bengals win
Beats me
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Broncos Game Prediction Thread
I just have this feeling we'll win in Denver. We're better on the road this season and I think we match up well with Denver, though I think the offense will continue to come out sluggish. That said, I think we'll pull ahead in the 2nd half and hang on to win.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:10 AM)Wyche Wrote: Just curious as to what you saw at the stadium, but in TV, the joint looked full except for the club section...which seems to happen a lot.

The announced was 50k or 51k, and I assume there was a few no-shows out of that number.  

It's been a few days, but I remember that the upper deck on the east side was maybe half full, if that.  The north end zone on the club level was also missing quite a few.  It looked like the smallest crowd of the year, but maybe the LAC game might have had less.  And, yeah, the club level always looks sparse, especially on the east side.  Thing is, the lounge is always crowded and it can be hard to find a table.  

I was also surprised at the number of 49er fans in attendance.  I bet 40% of the east field level (behind the SF bench) was visiting fans, there was red and gold everywhere.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 11:08 AM)Wyche Wrote: Two things we have going for us: we have done well on the road this year, and have yet to lose three in a row. Let's hope that trend continues.

You trying to pull a Housh? :angry:

Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 02:54 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: The quote from WKRP under your username makes me miss that show.  I'm sorry, my mind seems to be drifting...

I miss it too; it was one of my first must-see-TV shows.  I bought the complete series on DVD for retirement, and it's sitting on the shelf in its shrink-wrap just waiting for the glorious day when I open it.  
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 01:24 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'll always remember the 2006 loss on Christmas Eve that ended with that missed XP by Graham.
I haven't watched the Broncos enough this year to see their rushing style, but I know they're Top 10 in the league both in passing defense and rushing defense, so it could be difficult scoring on them.
Their passing game is not good, but I can see their rushing attack doing well if they can get outside. Gordon and Williams are both above average RBs, and they remain fresh.
I fully expect the Broncos to go to Fant often too, as the Bengals almost always struggle defending good TEs.

I just can't, with any confidence, predict a Bengals win right now.

Broncos 24-21

Yeah, that was a lousy three game stretch, where we got rolled in Indy then dropped close ones to Denver and Pittsburgh.  We needed like five other teams to lose, and every single one of them did, and we just needed one stupid win for a WC berth and couldn't get it.  

Then there was the 2009 Brandon Stokely deflection TD game.  Had we won that game, we would have surpassed New England's regular season record and been the #3 seed and played the Ravens, avoiding the Jets.

Then there was the Monday night game late in 2015.  Dalton was out and we played in Denver, where we lost in OT.  As a result, us, Denver and New England all finished tied with 12-4 records and we lost the tiebreakers and wound up with the #3 seed.  Had we won that game we would have been the only 13-3 team and had the #1 seed, avoiding Pittsburgh in the first round.

**** Denver.
Reply/Quote
The fans were getting pretty down on the Broncos out here but they have optimism again and they expect to win this game against our Bengals at home. Mile High is still the loudest place I've ever witnessed an NFL game and Sunday will be no exception. The Bengals are going to have to keep the crowd out of it and the mistakes to a minimum, or this turns into pressure-cooked L.

At least it's supposed to be a more normal December Denver afternoon rather than the ridiculous negative 13 in 2015. Even down by the field it was crazy cold that night. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 24-17
Reply/Quote
As a long time Bengals fan, its great to have a winning record. But we have slipped in the win column lately. But we still have a open shot to win the AFC North and on to a playof spot. All we need to do is keep winning, and hope others lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2021, 10:12 PM)RockyMountainBengal Wrote: The fans were getting pretty down on the Broncos out here but they have optimism again and they expect to win this game against our Bengals at home. Mile High is still the loudest place I've ever witnessed an NFL game and Sunday will be no exception. The Bengals are going to have to keep the crowd out of it and the mistakes to a minimum, or this turns into pressure-cooked L.

At least it's supposed to be a more normal December Denver afternoon rather than the ridiculous negative 13 in 2015. Even down by the field it was crazy cold that night. 

Craziest football atmosphere I've ever been in.  Every time they scored a TD the flame would shoot out of that damn horse atop the stadium.  We weren't even near it and I could still feel the heat from it every time.  I hate that damn hose, and the whinnying sound effect after every incomplete pass, too.  My mom is a long-time Denver fan, so if we lose, I'm going to hear about it.  I mean, it's bad when your own mom talks shit about your team LMAO

(12-16-2021, 11:10 AM)Bigcatfan Wrote: As a long time Bengals fan, its great to have a winning record. But we have slipped in the win column lately. But we still have a open shot to win the AFC North and on to a playof spot. All we need to do is keep winning, and hope others lose.

A testament to the absolute insane season we're witnessing.  We were a game out of first two weeks ago and after two disappointing losses, we still are.  It's gonna be a wild finish to be sure.
Reply/Quote
So after watching NFL's game preview video on YouTube, I'm more confident we'll win this game. We're similar teams and not just in record: we both have good running games, we both have good defenses (theirs is good against the pass, we're good against the run), and we both have, well, let's say "struggling" offensive lines. We do have the better quarterback and I think that combined with the fact we've played better on the road this season leads to a Bengal victory. It won't be easy, of course, they do have a GOOD pass defense, but I think Mixon will get going this week (it's possible his cold affected him more than we realize on Sunday) and Burrow will make a few clutch plays to lead us to victory.

WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
Hope I am wrong but I just can’t pick them to win.
I also have mental scars from the missed XP game and that blind luck deflection game.
Reply/Quote
Can't pick the Bengals this week. The injury bug is going to really hamper the OL allowing their defense to get pressure with 4 and drop into coverage and frustrate Burrow. The Broncos offense isn't great but they do run the ball well and have to good backs, so I'd expect a lot of plays from them like the Browns ran against the Bengals earlier this season.

The two teams being closely matched, the X factor becomes mile high stadium. It is just a different feeling their and since most of the Bengals roster has no experience there, it will take them time to adjust to playing in the environment. That time of adjustment and struggle will be enough for the Broncos to get an extra score that will be the difference in the game.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I have basically no confidence in this team. Add in on the road against a good D and my confidence is even less.

I sure hope the A team shows up and we salt this one away. But I doubt it.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 07:53 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I have basically no confidence in this team. Add in on the road against a good D and my confidence is even less.

I sure hope the A team shows up and we salt this one away. But I doubt it.

To paraphrase: If we have a problem (we do), if no one else can help (they can't), and if you can find them (we never know when they'll show up), maybe we can hire the A-Team.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 01:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: That's what we have to do, brother  ThumbsUp

I know, it's a reach to predict a W, especially playing out there.  They're a fanatical bunch.  I attended a pre-season game there a few years back that had 74,000 of the 77,000 capacity show up, and they loudly booed the 3,000 no-shows.  Two days ago, I sat in a 65,000-seat stadium that had only 50,000, and that's just business as usual.  

but denver wins rings
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 08:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: but denver wins rings

Yes, yes they did.  
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 08:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: but denver wins rings

Their current QB1 is slightly less productive than this dude named John Elway.  And then there was The Orange Crush defense.  Little different team these days fella.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 08:52 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Their current QB1 is slightly less productive than this dude named John Elway.  And then there was The Orange Crush defense.  Little different team these days fella.

My statement still stands. What have the Bengals done for you lately? Lol.

But we went to 5 straight playoffs, HEHEHHEHEHEH!!! No we didn't win one but STILL! Tebow even won one. Why would Bengals fans show up to watch what Mike Brown fields?

I think the same people who defend what the Bengals field (from Mike Brown) are the same that don't question if Zac taylor should still have a job.

It wasn't that long ago Peyton won a ring in Denver. We can't even win a playoff game lol. Constant rebuild, "close enough", rebuild.
Reply/Quote
I could be wrong, but injuries and Covid are coming at a bad time for this team so I'm pretty sure our season is toast for the most part.. They'll go through the motions and play to get stuff on tape for free agents, but I'm already looking forward to next season already.. I don't think we have a chance at this point. I hope I'm wrong.
You know..Maybe since so few of us have confidence in them they'll come out guns-a-blazing and route Denver, KC, Baltimore and Cleveland and MAYBE I'll wake up tomorrow morning and this whole 62 year old crap will have been just a bad dream and I'm really 22.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 10:07 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: My statement still stands. What have the Bengals done for you lately? Lol.

But we went to 5 straight playoffs, HEHEHHEHEHEH!!! No we didn't win one but STILL! Tebow even won one. Why would Bengals fans show up to watch what Mike Brown fields?

I think the same people who defend what the Bengals field (from Mike Brown) are the same that don't question if Zac taylor should still have a job.

It wasn't that long ago Peyton won a ring in Denver. We can't even win a playoff game lol. Constant rebuild, "close enough", rebuild.

You use "lol" a lot. Anyway, Probably shouldn't compare us to ML's Bengals. We are building something better, or so it seems to me. Also, I think Katie is more involved nowadays than MB. Really don't hear much about him anymore. What does Peyton have to do with any of this? Again, not the same Bengals.

As for ZT still having a job? Well, the team is improving and I think they are getting closer. I'm not a homer by any means. He's had a few good drafts (not all picks were stellar but you won't be able to name a coach or team that nailed them all) and the team is moving in the right direction. I like the atmosphere and the culture this team has now. We shall see I guess but I don't think you give him or the organization enough credit. 

Reply/Quote