Poll: Who Wins Sunday?
Broncos win
Bengals win
Beats me
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Broncos Game Prediction Thread
I have to agree with you there Dog.. Beginning of the pre-season I didn't expect them to win more than 5 and now they're at 7. Two weeks ago I expected a lot more, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. There was a lot of talk last week about taking the ball out of Burrow's hands, but even if he had tossed the TD SF was still going to score one too and they we still gonna slug us out in the end,,. There just wasn't much different that would have changed the outcome of the game. ST's fell to pieces, Oline wasn't on their game and the D wasn't either so ..Oh well..We cry alot, get over it and look forward to next year and hope they pull off a miracle this year even though I doubt they will..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 10:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have to agree with you there Dog.. Beginning of the pre-season I didn't expect them to win more than 5 and now they're at 7. Two weeks ago I expected a lot more, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. There was a lot of talk last week about taking the ball out of Burrow's hands, but even if he had tossed the TD SF was still going to score one too and they we still gonna slug us out in the end,,. There just wasn't much different that would have changed the outcome of the game. ST's fell to pieces, Oline wasn't on their game and the D wasn't either so ..Oh well..We cry alot, get over it and look forward to next year and hope they pull off a miracle this year even though I doubt they will..

I still have hope for this season. I think the explosive Bengals are gonna show up against Denver. I hope. The problem here is this team has shown us how good they CAN be. But, it's to a point where you don't know what Bengals team is going to show up? Read part of an article where Burrow acknowledged the importance of winning here on out for the playoffs. I mean, it's not like I thought he was clueless on the whole playoff thing, but it was refreshing to at least read he knew the importance and urgency to win here on out. So, hopefully the team has stomached the urgency and will bring their A game each week going forward. No fancy stuff, just win.

Our OL has to be convinced of this as well. They have to bring everything from the soul up and make it happen. Big reams I know, but, one can believe and TBH, like you said, didn't even think we would be this far right now.

Reply/Quote
Last year so many names came and went I lost track on both sides of the ball. Some were scrubs in off the streets and are back on the streets so to act like this team has had plenty of time to gel is silly. A LOT of people, rightfully so thought they were still a year away. I think that is so.. If they manage to get the right players this off season this team can be a real force to be reckoned with..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
You can be optimistic all day long, talk about new guys, point towards things that appear different, yet, until this team stops getting sphincter cramps every time they have a chance to grab the ring and constantly find new ways to lose every week, giving fans that fleeting hope that they're juuuuuuuust about there if they can just fix "X", they are the same Bengals you've watched for the last 30+ years. 

As healthy as they've been, their record says exactly who they are, while other teams actually improve, go to and win playoff games. 

"If they can just fix the line", "If Burrow could just stop throwing interceptions", "If Mixon could just get consistent good gains", "If the offense could just start the game hot", "If they would just be more aggressive when the game is there to win", "If Bates could have just held on to that pick 6", "If the defense could just get that one last stop to win the game", "If Zac could just not mis-manage the game at crucial times". There's nothing negative-thinking about that. Just the reality of where they are. The same place they've always been. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2021, 10:41 PM)grampahol Wrote: I have to agree with you there Dog.. Beginning of the pre-season I didn't expect them to win more than 5 and now they're at 7. Two weeks ago I expected a lot more, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. There was a lot of talk last week about taking the ball out of Burrow's hands, but even if he had tossed the TD SF was still going to score one too and they we still gonna slug us out in the end,,. There just wasn't much different that would have changed the outcome of the game. ST's fell to pieces, Oline wasn't on their game and the D wasn't either so ..Oh well..We cry alot, get over it and look forward to next year and hope they pull off a miracle this year even though I doubt they will..
No SF would not have score too. The game would've been over if Burrow tosses a TD on that drive.  
Reply/Quote
We have the talent, but the play calling is atrocious. It is beginning to come more in clumps at key moments.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 09:54 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We have the talent, but the play calling is atrocious. It is beginning to come more in clumps at key moments.

I'm not sure if Taylor can even really coach because he has insisted on calling the plays.  I have been saying we need an OC to call the plays, and then we could evaluate Zac's ability as a leader.  But honestly at this point, I just want him gone.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
It's Friday and time to talk this weeks game as opposed to all the other Yada, Yada threads.

I will say AT DENVER has been and always will be a HARD GAME for AFL and NFL Teams. Those Fans get LOUD and you can see your TV shaking, which means they have the Stadium and Cameras shaking they are so LOUD.

Besides the Fan, Denver always hits you with THE ORANGE CRUSH DEFENSE. They are hard to score on.

They don't have anything like an Elway or a Peyton Manning, but they have a good pair of Runners and some passing game.

I like The Bengals Defense, who would have only gave up 10 points to the 49ers if not for Bengals punt returner fumbles who will not suit up this week. I look for a Defensive Game of Broncos and Bengals Defenses up in Denver.

A low scoring game and I hope Bengals win. Bengals could lose to Denver tough Defense in Denver, but I hope Bengals win. Bengals Defense gives Bengals a chance to win.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
13-10 Broncos. The Reiff injury has dashed my hopes damn it.
Reply/Quote
I haven't followed the Broncos much this year. I know they have a great defensive backfield, but how are their front 7? Is their D line stout?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 05:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I haven't followed the Broncos much this year. I know they have a great defensive backfield, but how are their front 7? Is their D line stout?

Their 4 leading tacklers are their starting safeties followed by two CBs.

Their leader in sacks is Jones with 5.5

None of the numbers really jump out at you, they still have Bradley Chubb who is a beast but what I've read and the little I've seen, they are a very inconsistent team. They looked great against bad teams and then got smoked by good teams with a weird result here and there like beating Dallas 30 to 16.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 05:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: 13-10 Broncos. The Reiff injury has dashed my hopes damn it.

We are definitely scoring more than 10... We are gonna win this 1 by double digits... The Broncos beat a bunch of ass teams... They are gonna be the ones scoring 10..
Reply/Quote
Bad matchup again for the Bengals. Broncos defensive front is good and their cornerbacks are really good. Our OL is a mess. I think we are going to try and beat the run to death with no avail and our offense gets in a slump all game. I've seen this movie before.

Broncos - 20
Bengals - 13
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 05:39 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Their 4 leading tacklers are their starting safeties followed by two CBs.

Their leader in sacks is Jones with 5.5

None of the numbers really jump out at you, they still have Bradley Chubb who is a beast but what I've read and the little I've seen, they are a very inconsistent team. They looked great against bad teams and then got smoked by good teams with a weird result here and there like beating Dallas 30 to 16.

They're middle of the pack in team sacks. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
How have we done in games with a new combo for the uniforms? Because we're getting one this week (white jerseys, black pants, orange stripe).
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 06:08 PM)Tony Wrote: We are definitely scoring more than 10... We are gonna win this 1 by double digits... The Broncos beat a bunch of ass teams... They are gonna be the ones scoring 10..

Hope you are right Tony...

If someone steps up and plays well at RT you could be I just don't like Prince there. 

He was a big reason we lost to the Chargers. I would start Carman there or D'Ante over Prince.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 06:20 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: How have we done in games with a new combo for the uniforms? Because we're getting one this week (white jerseys, black pants, orange stripe).

Anything's good except the black jerseys, apparently.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 06:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: They're middle of the pack in team sacks. 

Yeah, their team is pretty much middle of the pack in everything. Nothing really stands out, outside of their two backs and Fant. After what Kittle just did to the Bengals, I have to imagine the Broncos are going to use Fant early and often as well as rotatiing Williams and Gordan at the RB position to try and wear down the defense. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bengals win 34-24
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2021, 07:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hope you are right Tony...

If someone steps up and plays well at RT you could be I just don't like Prince there. 

He was a big reason we lost to the Chargers. I would start Carman there or D'Ante over Prince.

Fred Johnson is starting at RT..., per James Rapien...
Reply/Quote