Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns/Eagles Trade
Eagles move up to the second overall pick.

They also get the Brown's 2017 fourth round pick.

Browns get

2016 first round pick (8th)
2016 third round pick (77)
2016 fourth round pick (100)

2017 first round pick.
2018 second round pick.
Reply/Quote
If any team was going to overpay for McCarron, the Browns might be it. And now they have the ammunition to do just that.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 03:21 PM)WrongVerb Wrote: If any team was going to overpay for McCarron, the Browns might be it. And now they have the ammunition to do just that.

I believe that they are tanking 2016 to get Watson in next year's draft.  
Reply/Quote
Hue thinks he can fix RG3.

And even if that is not the case I think this is a smart move.  No rookie QB was going to look good with the Browns.  It is better to build a more solid team first and then hopefully get a better QB next year.  This is not really "tanking".  I just see it as a smarter way t0 build a team.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 03:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hue thinks he can fix RG3.

And even if that is not the case I think this is a smart move.  No rookie QB was going to look good with the Browns.  It is better to build a better team and then hopefully get a better QB next year.  This is not really "tanking".  I just see it as a smarter way t0 build a team.

This trade alone isn't why I say they are tanking.  They have a ton of cap room yet are cutting guys. They pretty much sat out of free agency.  They are stockpiling cap room and picks for the future, which I can't blame them for doing considering the shape they are in.  
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 03:21 PM)WrongVerb Wrote: If any team was going to overpay for McCarron, the Browns might be it. And now they have the ammunition to do just that.

I just don't see McCarron having a lot of trade value, at least as far as major picks are concerned. Does anyone see him fetching a top pick? Maybe a 4th/5th.
Reply/Quote
They lose no value and gain picks. I think the decision was made after the rams moved to #1 to get wentz.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Gonna be pretty funny when the QB that goes second overall this year has a studly career. He will play for 10+ years and the browns will go through 10+ QBs in that time
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 04:15 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Gonna be pretty funny when the QB that goes second overall this year has a studly career. He will play for 10+ years and the browns will go through 10+ QBs in that time

Its not surprising.  The eagles are the dumbest team in the NFL imo making one bonehead decision after another.    

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Hue has the Browns in rebuild mode again...

Probably the smart move though, they weren't going anywhere with a rookie QB this season.

They aren't going anywhere with RGIII this season either.

I actually thought Austin Davis played well against us last year considering the pressure he was under.

I guess the Browns and Hue didn't see it.
Reply/Quote
Rumors that it's a 2018 4th rounder. That's a significant change.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 03:46 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I just don't see McCarron having a lot of trade value, at least as far as major picks are concerned. Does anyone see him fetching a top pick? Maybe a 4th/5th.

If a team thinks that he is capable of being a starter (which he showed that he can), then he will fetch at least a 2nd rounder since he is young and is still on a rookie low round pick contract.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 05:16 PM)ItsOdellThurman Wrote: Rumors that it's a 2018 4th rounder.  That's a significant change.

No doubt, very significant.
Reply/Quote
Who are the Rams and the Eagles chasing that they are giving up so much?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2016, 05:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If a team thinks that he is capable of being a starter (which he showed that he can), then he will fetch at least a 2nd rounder since he is young and is still on a rookie low round pick contract.

I doubt that McCarron will be anything other than a backup. There are better QBs that are backups in the league right now.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2016, 12:00 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Who are the Rams and the Eagles chasing that they are giving up so much?

Goff and Wentz.

The Eagles think they have a decent team around it and just need a QB. The Rams, I have no idea what they're thinking. Neither QB is first overall worthy (my opinion, but I also think Lynch will be the best QB out of this class in a few years), and the Rams have several positions of need. They're going to get a rookie QB (Goff, supposedly) and have him become the next Carr or Couch.
Reply/Quote
Browns have to be looking at Zeke at #8.

If nothing else he will sell some tickets with all the OSU fans up there.
Reply/Quote
I give Hue credit. He has a plan to build a championship team and knows it doesn't happen overnight. He is looking to the future and may consider 2016 just another rebuild year. He would have gone after McCarron if he wanted to do it. However, Marvin needs a good backup QB as proven last year. I think Hue has class and would not shaft his former team.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2016, 01:23 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: He would have gone after McCarron if he wanted to do it. However, Marvin needs a good backup QB as proven last year. I think Hue has class and would not shaft his former team.

Even if Hue and Marvin are besties they both know that it is all business when it comes to making their own teams better.  Nothing is off limits.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2016, 12:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Browns have to be looking at Zeke at #8.

If nothing else he will sell some tickets with all the OSU fans up there.

I think they are more worried abiut building a decent team than selling tickets. They have a couple decent RBs. They need help just about everywhere else.

I think Terrelle Pryor and Hawkins are their 1 and 2 WR right now. They just lost some studly OL. No rookie QB would succeed with that supporting cast.
Reply/Quote