Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns/Steelers game should be interesting
(09-06-2018, 12:38 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’m assuming him showing up eventually happens. If and when that happens,  The tension will be dangerous. Potentially Irreparable are the right words.

And maybe I missed it, but have brown or ben weighed in? If not, what kind of leaders are they?

Piggy hasn't chimed in, from what I've read, but Brown offered support in an article I read this morning.  Also, DeCastro backtracked on his earlier statement.....(read someone on the staff told him to STFU, which probably just fosters more ill will).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/antonio-brown-stands-behind-le%E2%80%99veon-bell-amid-controversy/ar-BBMYPho

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/06/david-decastro-backpedals-after-strong-words-about-leveon-bell/?utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=inline-related

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2018, 12:38 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: I’m assuming him showing up eventually happens. If and when that happens, The tension will be dangerous. Potentially Irreparable are the right words.

And maybe I missed it, but have brown or ben weighed in? If not, what kind of leaders are they?

I suspect that, contrary to expectations of most fans, leadership is most often practiced off-camera.
Reply/Quote
Popcorn Popcorn Popcorn
Reply/Quote
Popcorn

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 01:33 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Piggy hasn't chimed in, from what I've read, but Brown offered support in an article I read this morning.  Also, DeCastro backtracked on his earlier statement.....(read someone on the staff told him to STFU, which probably just fosters more ill will).

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/antonio-brown-stands-behind-le%E2%80%99veon-bell-amid-controversy/ar-BBMYPho

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/06/david-decastro-backpedals-after-strong-words-about-leveon-bell/?utm_source=MSN&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=inline-related

Divas backing divas.

Popcorn

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 01:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Piggy hasn't chimed in, from what I've read, but Brown offered support in an article I read this morning.  Also, DeCastro backtracked on his earlier statement.....(read someone on the staff told him to STFU, which probably just fosters more ill will).

Hmm, possible internal turmoil..   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Oh well, sucks for the Steelers. I will be the bigger man and not trash on their misfortune and possible inside turmoil, dissension, etc.

Ok, I really can't do that. Yay!

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 06:57 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Oh well, sucks for the Steelers. I will be the bigger man and not trash on their misfortune and possible inside turmoil, dissension, etc.

Ok, I really can't do that. Yay!

Yes, but this is the Steelers.  How many times have they gone through crap like this, had a rough start to the year, only for things to pull together and get tough down the stretch?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2018, 07:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, but this is the Steelers.  How many times have they gone through crap like this, had a rough start to the year, only for things to pull together and get tough down the stretch?

[Image: no-time-to-explain-get-in-the-car.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 09:21 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: They guy has looked decent and he does have a studly o line in front of him. Can't wait to see how he does when the bullets start flying for real though. 

(09-03-2018, 09:54 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: He didn't last year. And I really don't think that he cares. I think he's thinking self preservation at this point. Wouldn't be surprised if he half asses it.

Here's hoping to life taking a big shit right on his head.   Cheers
Half assing it is the easiest way to get hurt, so I hope he does that too.

(09-04-2018, 04:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Well, am certainly a Browns fan in this match up.

PS .....Bell's a d-bag, believe that is why steelers drafted him knowing full well that he would fit in with the others d-bags already present.
I loled at that because it's just typical of their organization now............  bring in flash and noise over character, which is hilarious considering how the Steelers are supposed to be the "model franchise."

I originally thought the Browns had about as much chance as I do in a 40 yard dash race against a high school track team, but now I'm actually thinking it's possible that they could win.
(09-04-2018, 07:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This will be the last year they have to worry about him playing in the urine yellow. 

Could see the punk signing on with one of their rivals next year after going through the motions this year. 

Hope to never see him in stripes, but would not be shocked to see him with the Ravens next year. 
Browns always seem to have endless amounts of salary cap space, so I wouldn't be shocked to see him there.

The only problem is that he won't be able to run in that style behind that line and with no passing threat to keep defenses out for the box and he'd get killed.
(09-05-2018, 12:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Ross Tucker said he would not be surprised it Bell shows up Thurs or Friday so he doesn't miss his 850K game check. Then, if Tomlin doesn't play him, he's off till the next game. If Tomlin makes him play, Tuck said he can see him faking a Hammy, and sitting out 5 or 6 games to save wear and tear on his body, then pour it on at the end of the season to show other teams he still can play.....  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
I've wondered why he doesn't do that all along, or just keep one of those pills in his mouth that makes him sick, and chew it right before he runs on the field, so he starts hurling and doesn't have to play.

(09-06-2018, 11:26 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Foster and DeCastro calling him out.  You know you have issues when your linemen start calling you out.  Since the steelers will beat cleveland anyway, I hope that Conner dude tears it up.  Let Bell head somewhere else and see what happens when you stand behind the line waiting for a hole.  He might literally be dead if he ran behind Cincy's line the last couple years.
I think it would be like that behind most offensive lines, but I hope Conner sucks because the Steelers won't cave regardless, especially with players now being pissed.
(09-07-2018, 01:33 PM)Which Wrote: Piggy hasn't chimed in, from what I've read, but Brown offered support in an article I read this morning.  Also, DeCastro backtracked on his earlier statement.....(read someone on the staff told him to STFU, which probably just fosters more ill will).

Typical Steelers.........  no one in their organization or their fanbase stand for anything, which is why they didn't blink an eye at supporting Ben after he raped multiple women.
Reply/Quote
This could unite them in a FU Bell we do not need you and are going to prove it or unglue them.

Hoping for the latter to happen though.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
[Image: o42f37a47vw5h586g.jpg]
Reply/Quote

Popcorn

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 09:50 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:
Popcorn

Yeah, that's a tool move by Bell.

Someone once told me when I was a young man, that the key to being successful isn't getting "big money", but keeping steady money coming in, and managing it well.  He's willing to leave over 85% of a million dollars on the table, each week that he sits out, in a futile attempt to gain "bigger money" from a situation that is not going to happen. 

Has this guy taken too many head shots to realize what he's doing?  I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have a crystal ball that predicts the future.  For all that he knows for certain, that could be his last potential big pay check from the NFL that he could have ever received.  Freak accidents happen every day...

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2018, 09:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, that's a tool move by Bell.

Someone once told me when I was a young man, that the key to being successful isn't getting "big money", but keeping steady money coming in, and managing it well.  He's willing to leave over 85% of a million dollars on the table, each week that he sits out, in a futile attempt to gain "bigger money" from a situation that is not going to happen. 

Has this guy taken too many head shots to realize what he's doing?  I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have a crystal ball that predicts the future.  For all that he knows for certain, that could be his last potential big pay check from the NFL that he could have ever received.  Freak accidents happen every day...

Not to mention every other team is watching his antics.....
Reply/Quote
[Image: vxiqi0r1ivdv8ew6g.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:05 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: [Image: vxiqi0r1ivdv8ew6g.jpg]

What's your point?  Are you just showing what your team won't be benefitting from, or are you just proud that he got away with an illegal hands to the face?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:05 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: [Image: vxiqi0r1ivdv8ew6g.jpg]

Let's see...a guy that's not playing, against a team the Steelers aren't playing today.

Real relevant.  Mellow

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's your point?  Are you just showing what your team won't be benefitting from, or are you just proud that he got away with an illegal hands to the face?

I prefer this one....

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 09:13 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's your point?  Are you just showing what your team won't be benefitting from, or are you just proud that he got away with an illegal hands to the face?

Illegal hands to the face can only be called on blockers.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote