Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Browns suck!
(08-27-2019, 03:41 AM)Vambo Wrote: Feb. 15, 1996: Modell fires Belichick and hires Ted Marchibroda as the head coach of his new Baltimore franchise.

Feb 15th. The new league year hadn't even started yet.

He was fired by the Browns. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 04:43 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Feb 15th. The new league year hadn't even started yet.

He was fired by the Browns. 

On Feb. 9, 1996, NFL owners approved Art Modell’s request to move his franchise from Cleveland to Baltimore, Upon that announcement, Modell’s team ceased being the Cleveland Browns.

Belichick was fired six days later Feb 15th. by Modell, who has the distinction of firing two of the greatest coaches in NFL history in Paul Brown and Belichick.

[Image: 6a619a8967572d95a8a5.gif]

We know you have a comprehension problem so we don't actually think you'll understand it but it's OK . Hilarious
When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.

Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 03:41 AM)Vambo Wrote: Feb. 15, 1996: Modell fires Belichick and hires Ted Marchibroda as the head coach of his new Baltimore franchise.

Zero relevance. Actually it's even worse.

Leave it to Cleveland to double screw themselves.
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 05:18 AM)Vambo Wrote: On Feb. 9, 1996, NFL owners approved Art Modell’s request to move his franchise from Cleveland to Baltimore, Upon that announcement, Modell’s team ceased being the Cleveland Browns.

Belichick was fired six days later Feb 15th. by Modell, who has the distinction of firing two of the greatest coaches in NFL history in Paul Brown and Belichick.

[Image: 6a619a8967572d95a8a5.gif]

We know you have a comprehension problem so we don't actually think you'll understand it but it's OK . Hilarious

"approved the request". I know you're having a hard time with denial, but until they were out of Cleveland, they were still the Browns. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Vambo, let me put it in a way that even a Browns fan should understand. 

On Feb, 9th 1996 the NFL approved the move of the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore. 

On Feb, 15th 1996 Art Modell fired Bill Belichick. 

Art Modell was the owner of an NFL franchise. Since there's no way that the league paperwork could have been finished, no i's dotted, no t's crossed, Modell could not have been acting as the owner of the Baltimore Ravens--as well as the fact that they were still in league year 1995-1996. 

Since he could not have been acting as owner of the Baltimore Ravens, he had to be acting as the owner of the Cleveland Browns...since no transactions could be made unless he was the owner of some NFL franchise. Since there was a transaction--unless you dispute that Belichick was fired--then that transaction had to be made in the 1995-1996 NFL league year, a year that the Baltimore Ravens were not yet established as an NFL franchise. But get this...in league year 1995-1996, the Cleveland Browns were an NFL franchise, owned by Art Modell and coached by Bill Belicheck. 

Now that you know the facts, contact the dummy who wrote the article about "why it's wrong..." and tell him to STFU. 

All of the above are indisputable facts that can only be contradicted by someone in denial, or without a brain that functions above a 1st grade level. 

Reply/Quote
(08-27-2019, 01:15 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Vambo, let me put it in a way that even a Browns fan should understand. 

On Feb, 9th 1996 the NFL approved the move of the Cleveland Browns to Baltimore. 

On Feb, 15th 1996 Art Modell fired Bill Belichick. 

Art Modell was the owner of an NFL franchise. Since there's no way that the league paperwork could have been finished, no i's dotted, no t's crossed, Modell could not have been acting as the owner of the Baltimore Ravens--as well as the fact that they were still in league year 1995-1996. 

Since he could not have been acting as owner of the Baltimore Ravens, he had to be acting as the owner of the Cleveland Browns...since no transactions could be made unless he was the owner of some NFL franchise. Since there was a transaction--unless you dispute that Belichick was fired--then that transaction had to be made in the 1995-1996 NFL league year, a year that the Baltimore Ravens were not yet established as an NFL franchise. But get this...in league year 1995-1996, the Cleveland Browns were an NFL franchise, owned by Art Modell and coached by Bill Belicheck. 

Now that you know the facts, contact the dummy who wrote the article about "why it's wrong..." and tell him to STFU. 

All of the above are indisputable facts that can only be contradicted by someone in denial, or without a brain that functions above a 1st grade level. 

Actually, the league announced their approval on Feb. 9.  Isn’t it reasonable to assume that they’d wait until all the t’s and I’s were crossed and sorted before announcing something like that?  

That being said, this is a really dumb thing to argue about.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 09:19 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Actually, the league announced their approval on Feb. 9.  Isn’t it reasonable to assume that they’d wait until all the t’s and I’s were crossed and sorted before announcing something like that?  

That being said, this is a really dumb thing to argue about.

Reasonable? The NFL?

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2019, 11:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Reasonable? The NFL?

Hilarious

It’s still a dumb thing to argue about.  

That being said, had Belichick remained, how many more Browns games would he have coached?  How many did Marchibroda coach?   
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 08:12 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: It’s still a dumb thing to argue about.  

That being said, had Belichick remained, how many more Browns games would he have coached?  How many did Marchibroda coach?   

All Steeler fans smell of cheese and mayonnaise.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2019, 02:59 PM)XsandOs Wrote: All Steeler fans smell of cheese and mayonnaise.

[Image: 5OI0pWP.gif]
Reply/Quote
Dan Patrick picked the Browns and Eagles to be in the super bowl.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 06:29 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote: Dan Patrick picked the Browns and Eagles to be in the super bowl.

Sounds about right... He picked the Saints and Chargers last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2019, 01:58 PM)jason Wrote: Sounds about right... He picked the Saints and Chargers last year.

Yeah, its a crap shoot, too many variables involved. One thing all the procrastinators seem to not be mentioning is the Bungals. With AC out its going to be another frustrating season of watching Carrot Top shit the bed.  I feel for you. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 07:18 AM)BakertheBeast Wrote:
Yeah, its a crap shoot, too many variables involved. One thing all the procrastinators seem to not be mentioning is the Bungals. With AC out its going to be another frustrating season of watching Carrot Top shit the bed.  I feel for you. ThumbsUp

Hey BtB...how bout that Baker Manzie.....errr, Mayfield? Lighting it up, eh?

Reply/Quote
It looks like the Factory of Sadness hired a second shift.
Reply/Quote
I don’t think the Browns have anything to be ashamed about. They hung with a superior opponent for more than a half.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I can already see the headline in the Plain Dealer tomorrow. 

"Baker gets battered; Browns stink up the bowl again". 

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 04:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t think the Browns have anything to be ashamed about. They hung with a superior opponent for more than a half.

I didn't really see them do anything after that first drive. 

Reply/Quote
I guess we’ve seen the last of the Browns fans for a while?
[Image: 12417656_10208481126928364_5227831409754...e=5702BE1D]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2019, 04:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hey BtB...how bout that Baker Manzie.....errr, Mayfield? Lighting it up, eh?

He played through the embarrassment of throwing 3 picks. He's one tough sob
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote