Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browns wanted McCarron and were close
(10-31-2017, 11:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: Brownies gon' Brown.

Shoulda been for Zeitler anyway... Ninja

They would have to admit their error then
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:14 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: If they had gotten McCarron they probably still would have drafted another QB next year and then proceed to ruin the careers of both as they flip flop between QBs all season long.  Like I said McCarron is probably very glad it fell apart.  No sober QB wants to end up in Cleveland, hell even the drunk ones would rather destroy their career through partying than play there.

disagree.  I don't think the browns take a QB next draft.  They need way too many other pieces so getting a good Qb for a 2 and 3 lets them get weapons for him.  Even with kizer I think they roll on weapons not qb.
Reply/Quote
I for one don't like this cozy incestuous stuff with the Bengals and Hue. If Josh McDaniels was coaching for the Jets you think ol' Bill would ever sign off on trading him a (potentially) valuable player? I know a lot of you think McCarron is middling at best, but even if he authored one or two victories against the Bengals as a Brown, it wouldn't have been worth it. This is what mediocre teams do though. They are "casual" about things that could come back to bite them in the rear. Great teams keep their heel constantly planted on divisional rivals necks. They don't deal players to each other over a leisurely brunch.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:52 PM)Takedown Wrote: Radio guys just said a 2nd and a 3rd is what we would have gotten... So done. Can't even be mad at the Bengals for this one lol

Exactly! A second and early third round pick for a 5th rounder. Like it or not, this was a great deal for Cincinnati. Browns screwed it up..... almost as bad as SF giving up a 2nd round pick for Jimmy G for 8 games. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 08:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Exactly! A second and early third round pick for a 4th rounder. Like it or not, this was a great deal for Cincinnati. Browns screwed it up..... almost as bad as SF giving up a 2nd round pick for Jimmy G for 8 games. 

Yes you can be mad at the Bengals for ALLOWING THE POSSIBILITY FOR THE BROWNS TO SCREW THIS UP! They should have given their own deadline to the Browns at 1:00pm. Deal or no Deal.
Reply/Quote
Says a lot about both teams that at this point of the season the most news worthy thing they do is an administrative error....
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2017, 06:03 PM)A10104747 Wrote: The Last two days Cincy had rejected any talks to trade AJ. 30 minutes before the trade deadline they decide they want to talk and see what they could get. Deal reached and turned in 4 minutes late. This is totally on Cincy and just embarrassing. So stupid I can't grasp my head around it.

If you are thinking about trading him, why wait until 3:30 eastern time.. what a ***** joke!!

Apparently at the beginning of the day the Browns reached out to the Bengals and were told an AJ trade was not negotiable.  At some point a 2nd and 3rd 2018 draft choice was thrown out there by the Bengals, at which point the Browns flipped them off.  With little time to spare the Browns caved and were willing to take the deal (and the vasoline).  Unfortunately both sides were left with very little time to get the paperwork in order.  Sounds like the Bengals had it ready and the Browns didn't.

We can say what we want about MB but he is a shrewd business man.  I mean, a 2nd and 3rd round pick for a 5th round pick, C'mon man.  I bet Cleveland is waking up today thinking what were we thinking!

I don't agree this is totally on Cincy.  They fleeced the Browns and had the deal done.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 08:36 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: I don't agree this is totally on Cincy.  They fleeced the Browns and had the deal done.

None of this is on Cincy.... Brown waited the Browns out and got a hell of a deal from them. They screwed it up. It's ALL on the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2017, 08:16 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Yes you can be mad at the Bengals for ALLOWING THE POSSIBILITY FOR THE BROWNS TO SCREW THIS UP! They should have given their own deadline to the Browns at 1:00pm. Deal or no Deal.

Nah, you are reaching. That's now how deals get done when there is a commonly held deadline, you don't just make up a fake one. It literally take 2 minutes to file paperwork so the 15 minutes or so they gave was plenty time.
Reply/Quote