Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Bruce Jenner to Caitlyn Jenner
This has nothing to do with some macho thing about "oh, what a *****," or anything like that, but, my question is, what message does this send to kids?

If kids can't afford surgery, all the hormone treatments, and whatever else, are we teaching them that they're stuck in a lie forever and to be miserable?

It's not like just trying to lose weight to be healthier or things like that because are we teaching kids that some people are mistakes?

Everyone on Facebook and the media is praising her and I just can't get those thoughts out of my head.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 02:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This has nothing to do with some macho thing about "oh, what a *****," or anything like that, but, my question is, what message does this send to kids?

If kids can't afford surgery, all the hormone treatments, and whatever else, are we teaching them that they're stuck in a lie forever and to be miserable?

It's not like just trying to lose weight to be healthier or things like that because are we teaching kids that some people are mistakes?

Everyone on Facebook and the media is praising her and I just can't get those thoughts out of my head.

Wish you had provided a link, I'm not familiar with this story.  I'm assuming it has to do with a transgender teen that can't afford the surgery and/or hormone therapy.
Reply/Quote
Several I've seen aren't supporting the decision, or at least supporting calling it "courageous."

But I get what you're saying. Generally that's true for a lot of things in this country. Money buys advantages. If it didn't, nobody would care about having it.

My grandfather had ALS. He was fortunate that he'd worked hard and built up a nice life by the time he was diagnosed. It was familial, which tends to end quicker than the non-familial type, but he was able to travel to Mexico to be in a trial and have test drugs not FDA approved, none of which was paid for by insurance.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 02:49 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: Wish you had provided a link, I'm not familiar with this story.  I'm assuming it has to do with a transgender teen that can't afford the surgery and/or hormone therapy.

not at all it has to do with a very wealthy man that has always wanted to be a woman so now he is doing just that.

I think the media is only praising him/her cause not to many famous celebrities have done anything like this. (and because it will generate Site traffic to their site. as they consider this SHOCK news)

its really a non issue. Its not ment to teach kids anything.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 03:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: not at all it has to do with a very wealthy man that has always wanted to be a woman so now he is doing just that.

I think the media is only praising him/her cause not to many famous celebrities have done anything like this.   (and because it will generate Site traffic to their site. as they consider this SHOCK news)

its really a non issue.  Its not ment to teach kids anything.

But it seems like, by going for shock value, they're promoting the idea of changing who you are.

It seriously bugs me because did we give up on "just be yourself, you're good enough no matter what?"
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 03:20 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: not at all it has to do with a very wealthy man that has always wanted to be a woman so now he is doing just that.

I think the media is only praising him/her cause not to many famous celebrities have done anything like this.   (and because it will generate Site traffic to their site. as they consider this SHOCK news)

its really a non issue.  Its not ment to teach kids anything.

I get it now, I didn't really pay attention to the title sorry.  Hmm pretty crazy, I never would've guessed.
Reply/Quote
Glad Caitlyn is being herself and living her life as the gender she is wired to be. Hopefully this will serve as an inspiration for those struggling with their own gender identity who are afraid of society's reaction to who they are.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 02:42 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: This has nothing to do with some macho thing about "oh, what a *****," or anything like that, but, my question is, what message does this send to kids?

Is this your argument for free health care like the rest of the civilized world has?

If so, well done.

Jenner was stuck in a lie forever and miserable, and lucky for him he had the dough to break out of it. Yes, it blows that scores of other people like him without his resources can't live the life they want to live.

So, the message to kids is honor your own truth, listen to your heart, strive to be the person you want to be, and make the world a more just place so everyone has access to the choices that now only the rich like Jenner have. Why on earth would you want to get those thoughts out of your head? They are good thoughts. (Oh, sorry, I forgot, you are kind of a nutbag. And I don't mean that in some macho testicle way, I mean you are kind of crazy sounding at times.)
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 03:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But it seems like, by going for shock value, they're promoting the idea of changing who you are.

It seriously bugs me because did we give up on "just be yourself, you're good enough no matter what?"

Perhaps I misunderstood your OP. You are one of those guys who tells the fat chick at the bar how hot she looks aren't you? You are the guy that tells the 7th grader who can't read that he doesn't need to try to learn, right? You tell the addicts that there is no neeed to try to break their addictions, huh?

What the hell is wrong with changing who you are, especially if you see it as a change for the better?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
LOL...Why such anger and vitriol?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:24 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL...Why such anger and vitriol?

If that was @ me, it is because of your avatar. Everytime I look at Big Ben wincing like he is trying to pinch a loaf in his uni it just kind of pisses me off. Spit it out already champ! Seriously, could you find a pic where he doesn't look like he is shitting himself? Wink

But actually, I am not angry at all, I just struggle to follow the logic of the OP. Fearless prediction: this will happen again, and again, and again...
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:30 PM)xxlt Wrote: If that was @ me, it is because of your avatar. Everytime I look at Big Ben wincing like he is trying to pinch a loaf in his uni it just kind of pisses me off. Spit it out already champ! Seriously, could you find a pic where he doesn't look like he is shitting himself? Wink

But actually, I am not angry at all, I just struggle to follow the logic of the OP. Fearless prediction: this will happen again, and again, and again...

You can't be this stupid............  Confused............can you?   Sad

Reply/Quote
From this:

[Image: reg_634.olympics.Jenner.mh.061812.jpg]

[Image: bruce.jpg]

To this:

[Image: 556cc5f54ae56e586e4586a9_t-caitlyn-jenne...-vf-01.jpg]

I don't get it, but I don't really care what he/she does with his/her penis.
Reply/Quote
I have mixed feelings about Jenner's decision to come out for who he truly is.

In one case, I can see why he did it and I do actually believe him. I don't think its for publicity and I dont think its for him to make money off of. Part of me feels sorry for the guy and what he has had to live his entire live concealing.

Another part of me thinks its kind of ridiculous that he is posing on the cover of Vanity Fair and having a show done about the entire situation. It's one thing to come out in an interview and tell the world who you really are and be done with it. It's another thing to string it along and try to profit and gain fame from it.

So, like I said, im torn. But in the end, I just really don't think I care. Smirk

But to the OP points, im not sure anyone is thinking about the points you made other than you. No one is sitting there saying, "that damn Bruce Jenner! Why did he come out!? He has so much money that he can afford to come out and express his true self!"

If kids want to come out, then they can. Money has nothing to do with it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:32 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: You can't be this stupid............  Confused............can you?   Sad

I realize the average person often can't get tone from a written message. Apparently some can also not get any meaning whatsoever. Maybe the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation have something for you? I'm pulling for you.   Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:58 PM)xxlt Wrote: I realize the average person often can't get tone from a written message. Apparently some can also not get any meaning whatsoever. Maybe the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation have something for you? I'm pulling for you.   Rock On

LOL...My first post was directed at OP...I figured everyone would know that.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 04:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I have mixed feelings about Jenner's decision to come out for who he truly is.

In one case, I can see why he did it and I do actually believe him. I don't think its for publicity and I dont think its for him to make money off of. Part of me feels sorry for the guy and what he has had to live his entire live concealing.

Another part of me thinks its kind of ridiculous that he is posing on the cover of Vanity Fair and having a show done about the entire situation. It's one thing to come out in an interview and tell the world who you really are and be done with it. It's another thing to string it along and try to profit and gain fame from it.

So, like I said, im torn. But in the end, I just really don't think I care.  Smirk

But to the OP points, im not sure anyone is thinking about the points you made other than you. No one is sitting there saying, "that damn Bruce Jenner! Why did he come out!? He has so much money that he can afford to come out and express his true self!"

If kids want to come out, then they can. Money has nothing to do with it.

As they used to say back in the day, "And there you have it, sports fans." ^ pretty much spot on.
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(06-02-2015, 05:00 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: LOL...My first post was directed at OP...I figured everyone would know that.

Seeing no "hug it out" emoticon, I offer you this: ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
A lot of people always ask "why is it such a big deal that they're gay/trans??"

Because there are a ton of people who are who fear that they will be met with hate or disgust by their friends/family/society if they be themselves. People like Jenner show them that anyone can be themselves and that they shouldn't worry.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2015, 05:03 PM)xxlt Wrote: Seeing no "hug it out" emoticon, I offer you this: ThumbsUp

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote