Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Buffalo game predictions
I can't tell ya the score, but get your popcorn and beer, because it's gonna be a good one! I hope we come out with the win!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:01 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bengals win. Jaguars upset the Chiefs. The AFC Championship will be in the Jungle.

Can’t see the Jags winning but I hope you are right. That would be awesome!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:57 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: My prediction is that I will still be angry on Sunday because the league did not make the same rule modifications for the Bengals that they made for the Bills. Neutral site or even a coin flip was more obvious for this game than the potential KC/Buffalo game.

Hope they crush the Bills - Bengals got screwed for being classy throughout this whole situation so yes, I will be rooting for KC if Buffalo beats us.

Yup! No good deed goes unpunished. We got completely screwed on the most likely scenario of the whole coin flip/neutral site debacle. I hope we go in pissed off and just kick the shit out of this team.
Reply/Quote
Our Oline is on life support and we're now relying on Jackson Carman to not be complete shit.

That's a tough gamble.

I think the Bengals lose a close one.

35-38

We win if it's neutral site/in Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:42 PM)Brimey Wrote: Gonna be some Buffalo fans on here trying to gauge our fanbase, so I want to attempt to keep this fair and realistic.

Allen is more dynamic than Burrow but more turnover prone. Like really turnover prone. And the Bengals D has really capitalized on those opportunities.

The Bills pass rushers are big and physical, rather than speed rushers. Miller being out and has really diminished their pass rush. I actually think there's a chance Carman could hold up because he's very big and powerful. Maybe a bad matchup for Adeniji as he susceptible to getting bulled. Oliver on the interior has plenty of juice too. Can't have a 5-6 sack game, or a bunch of penalties from the crowd noise. The Bills offense is too dynamic to waste a bunch of possessions.

Edmunds and Milano are really good. They're going to limit yards on check downs and force Joe to push it down field. Poyer is dealing with some physical issues and Hyde won't be back yet. You can make plays down the field. And the Bengals will have to. The Bills have dealt with adversity with injuries on D. Have to exploit that.

I think the Bengals will hold up on D. I expect the Bills to get theirs, as their a really good offense, but I expect the Bengals DLine to cause some havoc and Lou to confuse Allen a bit with the looks he gives.

My prediction? I'd never pick against Joe Burrow. This will be a tough game, and Burrow is going to have to make a bunch of plays for the Bengals to win. And I expect them to. Say 27-24 on a last second field goal from McPherson.

Heard yesterday Hyde will be able to come back. Unless something has changed since.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 01:49 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Heard yesterday Hyde will be able to come back. Unless something has changed since.

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-s-micah-hyde-won-t-play-vs-bengals-leslie-frazier-wary-of-overanalyzing-br
Reply/Quote
Bengals offense can't be intimidated by that Bills' 3rd down train horn. One key is converting 3rd downs
Reply/Quote
Gut feel is that this is where the Bengals win streak ends. The O-line injuries is too much to overcome. Joe is seeing the pocket pressure again. Bothersome to me is when they had 3 chances to ice the Ravens game with just a FG after Hubbard's TD and couldn't move the ball. 3-3and outs. They simply must establish the run game, without it the Bills will tee-off on Joe. If the patched Oline can play well and they can run the ball it is a tossup, without those two factors Bills by a TD.
Reply/Quote
Bump . Haha

28-24 Bengals

Reply/Quote
Tough Game...although I've been talking a lot of smack since I'm so confident in these Bengals!

Close Game, Bengals 26-23
Big Win, Bengals 33-23

Let's GO!
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
I can see this game going either way. Each team has really good offenses and "fairly tough" defenses. Like some of you, I feel like the refs are not going to call a clean, unbiased game. That said, I think this game is going to hinge on Josh Allen. If Allen doesn't turn the ball over, I don't know that we win. At best, it'll come down to who has the ball last. However, I don't think Allen can avoid turning the ball over. He may not do it as much as he did last week or Trevor Lawrence did in the Chargers game, but I can see an INT or 2 or a sack-fumble which gives us the edge.

It'll be a close one either way and not as high scoring as we think, but I think our guys use the NFL shafting us on this game being a neutral field to be extra focused in and combined with an Allen turnover or 2, we win 24-21
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Totally different looking game from last week. Sklar Thompson had 3.2 seconds to throw with a ton of backups, but I am sure Buffalo will be a lot more fired up for this game. Cincy made Snoop Huntley look like a Pro Bowler for a lot of that game, but I feel the defense will be that much better against Allen as well.

I have faith in the game plan, the players, and the team's ability to overcome the crap hand that they were dealt.

Bengals 31
Bills 27
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2023, 11:57 AM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: Bengals offense can't be intimidated by that Bills' 3rd down train horn. One key is converting 3rd downs

Maybe the Bengals should complain about the train horn the way the Bills whined in 1989 about the Bengals no-huddle. Maybe if the Bengals say they will fake an injury every time it blows then the league will outlaw it right before the game, like they did with the Bengals no-huddle less than two hours before that '89 playoff game.

Nah, just being sarcastic. The way to deal with it is have success every time the train horn blows, so the Bills' fans associate it, like Pavlov dogs, with failure. So every time it blows the Bills feel defeated.
Reply/Quote
I think this one will be high scoring with both Burrow and Allen playing well and the WR's playing well in Tee, Diggs, Chase,
Gabe, Boyd, Knox and Hurst. But Allen is a little more loose with the football and that gives us the edge late...

Bengals - 38
Bills - 34

In a great one for the ages.Sam
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 10:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I can see this game going either way. Each team has really good offenses and "fairly tough" defenses. Like some of you, I feel like the refs are not going to call a clean, unbiased game. That said, I think this game is going to hinge on Josh Allen. If Allen doesn't turn the ball over, I don't know that we win. At best, it'll come down to who has the ball last. However, I don't think Allen can avoid turning the ball over. He may not do it as much as he did last week or Trevor Lawrence did in the Chargers game, but I can see an INT or 2 or a sack-fumble which gives us the edge.

It'll be a close one either way and not as high scoring as we think, but I think our guys use the NFL shafting us on this game being a neutral field to be extra focused in and combined with an Allen turnover or 2, we win 24-21

Read interesting state Bills are 11-3 when Allen turn ball over, this is a very even match game and I don't feel Clearly bengals will win so going with a close game 50 50 who wins.
Reply/Quote
37 - 34 Tiger

Win it off of Mac Money's leg as time runs out.
Reply/Quote
Carl Cheffers is good for at least 10 to 13 Bills' points.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 24-21. A close game that causes posters in the game thread to say "It's over" and "Fire Zac" or whatever else before the first half even ends.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Carl Cheffers will be the ref.  Sick

Bills have won the last 8 that Cheffers has reffed for them. 

Looks like it's time to break another streak. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 02:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Bills have won the last 8 that Cheffers has reffed for them. 

Looks like it's time to break another streak. 

That's right Rfaulk!  Rock On
Reply/Quote