Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Blames Teammate For Loss
Burfict blames teammate for playoff loss, which, aside from his penalty, you also have to remember that he made a hell of an interception on the play before the fumble should have been the end of the game.

Quote:Although a lot of people blamed Burfict for the Bengals' loss, Burfict apparently doesn't feel the same way. During an interview with ESPN's Josina Anderson, the Bengals linebacker said that the loss wasn't his fault.

Burfict was asked directly if he blamed himself for the loss against the Steelers.

"No, I don't," Burfict said.

According to Burfict, most of the blame for the loss should fall on a teammate, who he didn't name.

"There was only a minute left in the game," Burfict said. "Coach always says, 'Trust a teammate to pack your parachute,' and I trusted my teammate. I don't want to say any names, but I trusted my teammates to execute and finish the game."

Burfict is almost certainly referring to running back Jeremy Hill, who lost a fumble to the Steelers in Pittsburgh territory -- after the Bengals got the ball on a Burfict interception -- with just 1:23 left in the game. Unlike Burfict, Hill was willing to take responsibility for the loss.

He was almost for sure blaming Hill, which Hill definitely deserves the blame, even though I'm sure he's killing himself over it. It shows Hill's Tweet saying that "this one's on me.........."

Quote:"I tried to pull up at the last second, but it was obviously too late -- it's a bang-bang play," Burfict said.

The linebacker also talked about his meeting with Roger Goodell. Burfict flew to New York in February to appeal the three-game suspension he was handed for his hit on Brown.

"One question that [Goodell] asked me, 'How do you feel about your opponents when they get hurt?'" Burfict said. "And I said, 'In the moment, you can't care about your opponent because if you care about them you're going to mess up your assignment.' His point was, I have to care about my opponent. I understand where he's coming from because if you care about your opponent, you'll probably play cleaner."

Burfict also added that Goodell told him to play cleaner.

"They were just telling me, 'I don't want this to happen again. I hope this is the last time we have to meet,'" Burfict said.

Despite his troubles, Burfict is still beloved by the Bengals' coaching staff. Defensive coordinator Paul Guenther recently said that he's going to hire Burfict as a coach when the linebacker retires.

I understand them wanting to play cleaner, especially with his record, but, in this instance, it was bang-bang, he tried to miss him, and, if he had just let him catch it, we might lose.

I've been thinking about it and considered that he could have just stood still and waited to blow-up into Brown if he caught it, but it still would have had to have been a split-second decision and tough to miss hitting Brown's head with his shoulder since he probably would have had to have that sticking out.

I also think it's huge, both for his future on the field and for his confidence, that Guenther supports him.

Still heartbreaking, but this article gave me a bit of comfort for some reason.

Also, maybe Hill will wrap-up next time.
Reply/Quote
Of course.

Hill was on FIRE before this, esp 4th quarter. Had a rushing td and a couple momentum boosting runs. Then he messed up (fumbled)

Vontaze was also on fire in the 4th with a key sack, key interception, and probably more. Then he messed up (penalty that leads to game winning fg)

Point is they are both equally to blame. Actually the ENTIRE team is to blame
Reply/Quote
Hill deserves way more blame than he got. The ensuing Burfict/Porter/Jones plays gave Hill (and Munchak) some freaking serious smokescreen coverage from a lot of attention that would have crushed them otherwise.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 04:04 AM)Gohards Wrote: Of course.

Hill was on FIRE before this, esp 4th quarter. Had a rushing td and a couple momentum boosting runs. Then he messed up (fumbled)

Vontaze was also on fire in the 4th with a key sack, key interception, and probably more. Then he messed up (penalty that leads to game winning fg)

Point is they are both equally to blame.
Actually the ENTIRE team is to blame

No they're not. That's goofy to even think that they are equally to blame. One won the game, and the other fumbled it away. The fumble doesn't happen and the game's over, and the penalty never has a chance to happen.

Without Burfict, the Bengals get crushed in the playoffs and it's not even close.

Without Hill, the Bengals probably win regardless when Rex Burkhead in the 4th quarter (like any RB with half a brain) holds onto the ball with both hands and runs the clock out.

I don't know where those "couple" of momentum boosting runs came from. He had the one run for 38 yards. Other than that, he had 11 carries for 12 yards. The Bengals could have played that entire game without Hill and had been just fine.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burfict is getting destroyed again in the comments by Stooler fans. Man, does anyone have any video skills on here? A ton of footage is available to shut those retards up. (no offense to the mentally challenged, you are better humans.). That POS organization wasn't shit until the 70's.. then a ton of sad individuals jumped on the bandwagon because they didn't have the balls to take chances with a team like say..The Bengals for instance. Not to mention those Steeler teams were built on intimidation and bone crushing dirty hits.(most likely drugs as well)

It's really ***** hilarious in a sad way when you think about it.

Anyway if anyone has any video editing skills and some commentary talent shoot me a Pm and i'll give up all the dirt I have acquired over the last few years..with most of it coming from Steeler fans of all people.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 04:10 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: No they're not. That's goofy to even think that they are equally to blame. One won the game, and the other fumbled it away. The fumble doesn't happen and the game's over, and the penalty never has a chance to happen.

Without Burfict, the Bengals get crushed in the playoffs and it's not even close.

Without Hill, the Bengals probably win regardless when Rex Burkhead in the 4th quarter (like any RB with half a brain) holds onto the ball with both hands and runs the clock out.

I don't know where those "couple" of momentum boosting runs came from. He had the one run for 38 yards. Other than that, he had 11 carries for 12 yards. The Bengals could have played that entire game without Hill and had been just fine.

Good Post And truth 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Seriously, it is way past time to move on.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
There's that accountability we've all wanted to see!

[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That loss is on Hill, and there's really no other legitimate way to see it. The game was won, they gave him the ball with his only responsibility to hang on to it, and he fumbled. Hate it for him, but it is what it is. The fumble cost the game.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That loss is on Hill, and there's really no other legitimate way to see it. The game was won, they gave him the ball with his only responsibility to hang on to it, and he fumbled. Hate it for him, but it is what it is. The fumble cost the game.

When I see him at training camp for the first time, I'm going to take my Lightwriter, wrap it up like a football with two arms, lower my head like I'm running, and pray he doesn't knock me out:

[Image: GetDataFile.st?GetFileId=94]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 03:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burfict blames teammate for playoff loss, which, aside from his penalty, you also have to remember that he made a hell of an interception on the play before the fumble should have been the end of the game.

He was almost for sure blaming Hill, which Hill definitely deserves the blame, even though I'm sure he's killing himself over it. It shows Hill's Tweet saying that "this one's on me.........."

I understand them wanting to play cleaner, especially with his record, but, in this instance, it was bang-bang, he tried to miss him, and, if he had just let him catch it, we might lose.

I've been thinking about it and considered that he could have just stood still and waited to blow-up into Brown if he caught it, but it still would have had to have been a split-second decision and tough to miss hitting Brown's head with his shoulder since he probably would have had to have that sticking out.

I also think it's huge, both for his future on the field and for his confidence, that Guenther supports him.

100% agree burfict did everything possible to help us to a win... Some guys on offense need to learn to hold onto the ball
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That loss is on Hill, and there's really no other legitimate way to see it. The game was won, they gave him the ball with his only responsibility to hang on to it, and he fumbled. Hate it for him, but it is what it is. The fumble cost the game.

If they had returned the fumble for the game winning score then you could put all the blame on Hill, but our defense totally collapsed and let a crippled Roethlisberger take the team the length of the field with no time outs.

Hill deserves blame, but so do Burfict and Jones.

There is no excuse for their screw ups that helped the Steelers win.
Reply/Quote
In the end, the past is the past..

Let's move on.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Let's not forget that the Bengals defense couldn't stop the Steelers from getting a first down on 4th and 5.

I still think the first order of blame is Hill, Burfict, Adam Jones.
Reply/Quote
Hill deserves some blame, but that is not how you answer that question. Especially when you have had three months to think about it... you say "a lot of things happened at the end of that game that are regrettable, next year we have to come together as a team and finish" or something along those lines. You also don't sit on Roger Goodell's office and tell him you don't care about players from the other team. If nothing else, some part of you has to think "this is the exact opposite of what he wants to hear and what I should be saying right now".

I like the guy as a player, but seriously don't think he gets it.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 04:59 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Burfict is getting destroyed again in the comments by Stooler fans. Man, does anyone have any video skills on here? A ton of footage is available to shut those retards up. (no offense to the mentally challenged, you are better humans.). That POS organization wasn't shit until the 70's.. then a ton of sad individuals  jumped on the bandwagon because they didn't have the balls to take chances with a team like say..The Bengals for instance. Not to mention those Steeler teams were built on intimidation and bone crushing dirty hits.(most likely drugs as well)

It's really ***** hilarious in a sad way when you think about it.

Anyway if anyone has any video editing skills and some commentary talent shoot me a Pm and i'll give up all the dirt I have acquired over the last few years..with most of it coming from Steeler fans of all people.

I can't tell anymore if they are Steeler fans or Bengal fans. They sound eerily similar when it comes to attacking Burfict. There are Bengals fans that have sided with the Steelers unfortunately. Hopefully next time they knock out one of our players they don't expect the Steelers to turn on their own and side with them. Hate to break it to them, but it won't happen. Steelers will rally and circle the wagon behind their player.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 03:52 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Burfict blames teammate for playoff loss, which, aside from his penalty, you also have to remember that he made a hell of an interception on the play before the fumble should have been the end of the game.

He was almost for sure blaming Hill, which Hill definitely deserves the blame, even though I'm sure he's killing himself over it.  It shows Hill's Tweet saying that "this one's on me.........."

Burfict needs to learn that the media will try to turn players against each other to create a story so that they can make some money.

Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 11:57 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Burfict needs to learn that the media will try to turn players against each other to create a story so that they can make some money.

Assuming that the quote is accurate, how can you say this is the media trying to turn them against each other?  She asked him a simple question and he gave her a very direct answer.
Reply/Quote
"Jeremy Hill screwed up first so I shouldn't be held accountable."

Mellow

This shit is getting old. He didn't say a damn thing after it happened but now he won't shut it.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 11:56 AM)jj22 Wrote: I can't tell anymore if they are Steeler fans or Bengal fans. They sound eerily similar when it comes to attacking Burfict. There are Bengals fans that have sided with the Steelers unfortunately. Hopefully next time they knock out one of our players they don't expect the Steelers to turn on their own and side with them. Hate to break it to them, but it won't happen. Steelers will rally and circle the wagon behind their player.

Who the hell cares what Steelers fans have to say about anything?  What do they have to do with any of this?  Why are you so obsessed with their opinion on everything?

If a Bengal player makes a mistake I am not going to deny reality just on the off chance that a Steeler fan might be reading my post here.  I don't let the feelings of Steeler fans dictate my opinion on anything.
Reply/Quote