Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Changed?
He just tried to take out Gio's knee which (rightfully) started brawl with whole team and RB coach.

Why would he think it was a good idea to tackle Gio by taking out his knees?

Disappointed in Burfict for not taking care of his own teammate.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 04:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: He just tried to take out Gio's knee which (rightfully) started brawl with whole team and RB coach.

Oh Christ...

Is gio ok??
Reply/Quote
The NFL has driven themselves into this situation.

Can't hit their head.
Can't hit their legs.

There's nowhere to hit a person anymore without someone complaining about it. You can say torso, but guess what, you better not let your helmet slide up or it's a penalty. Not to mention the torso is the place that favors the offensive player the most in a tackle, leading to defenders getting trucked.

This isn't even me weighing in on Burfict one way or the other. It's just the NFL in general. If you don't want to have head-to-head collisions, fine. But then you can't complain when people dive for your legs, even less so as people get faster and stronger.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 04:45 PM)jj22 Wrote: He just tried to take out Gio's knee which (rightfully) started brawl with whole team and RB coach.

Why would he think it was a good idea to tackle Gio by taking out his knees?

Disappointed in Burfict for not taking care of his own teammate.

Did you see the video? I don't see the big deal here he hit him mid thigh. Is he supposed to hit him with his head up high in the hole? That is how you want a guy who has had multiple concussions tackling, low and not with his head. I get that it's Gio and where he is coming from with his injury, but Burfict isn't trying to recognize the # running at him through the hole.
Reply/Quote
Just saw the video, wasn't really that bad. It was a little low for comfort, sure. But what is Burfict supposed to do there? He made contact with his thigh, thankfully. It could have been worse and he shouldn't have been going low on Gio. Did Burfict even know who the RB was?
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 04:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Just saw the video, wasn't really that bad. It was a little low for comfort, sure. But what is Burfict supposed to do there? He made contact with his thigh, thankfully. It could have been worse and he shouldn't have been going low on Gio. Did Burfict even know who the RB was?

It doesn't matter. Either Gio is cleared to get hit or he isn't. If he is then he needs to be ready to get hit wherever, if he isn't he shouldn't be on the field.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 04:53 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Just saw the video, wasn't really that bad. It was a little low for comfort, sure. But what is Burfict supposed to do there? He made contact with his thigh, thankfully. It could have been worse and he shouldn't have been going low on Gio. Did Burfict even know who the RB was?

Apparently defenders are only supposed to wrap up in the drill and not tackle. If that's the case, then it's not good that Burfict just disregarded that.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Well I hate to be yalls teammate coming off of an ACL tear.

Reply/Quote

(08-01-2017, 04:57 PM)Au165 Wrote: It doesn't matter. Either Gio is cleared to get hit or he isn't. If he is then he needs to be ready to get hit wherever, if he isn't he shouldn't be on the field.

It was a non-tackling drill, so the broader issue of "legal" hits doesn't really apply in this case... Has nothing to do with Gio being cleared or not cleared, it's simply not a tackling drill.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 04:58 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Apparently defenders are only supposed to wrap up in the drill and not tackle. If that's the case, then it's not good that Burfict just disregarded that.

Ah, see... now that is something that needs to be included in the OP.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:00 PM)Slythe Wrote: It was a non-tackling drill, so the broader issue of "legal" hits doesn't really apply in this case... Has nothing to do with Gio being cleared or not cleared, it's simply not a tackling drill.

He hit him in the mid thigh area with his shoulder slid down to his legs and let go, Gio fell. I simply don't see the problem. If it wasn't Gio no one would care. Carl Lawson throws Mixon down to the ground from around his neck a couple plays later and no one cares.

Relax people, gio is going to be healthy or he isn't. If the ACL is healed it's as good as anyone else's out there.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:06 PM)Au165 Wrote: He hit him in the mid thigh area with his shoulder slid down to his legs and let go, Gio fell. I simply don't see the problem. If it wasn't Gio no one would care. Carl Lawson throws Mixon down to the ground from around his neck a couple plays later and no one cares.

Relax people, gio is going to be healthy or he isn't. If the ACL is healed it's as good as anyone else's out there.

Your right if it wasn't one of our top weapons coming off an ACL tear we wouldn't care. Would you feel the same if that was Green?

No reason to shame people for wondering why a teammate wouldn't take it easier on a rb coming of a ACL tear. Shows a lack of control at worse, focus on future (needing GIO healthy) at best.

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: Your right if it wasn't one of our top weapons coming off an ACL tear we wouldn't care. Would you feel the same if that was Green?

Is he cleared or isn't he? Is the issue it was a non tackling drill or not? The reasoning in this thread is all over the place so lets re set the stage here.

He hit him closer to the waste than the knee, I wouldn't call that low. You don't train LBs to take on HB's in the hole high, Burficts reactions take over. If gio is cleared for full contact than he needs to be able to take a hit anywhere, his ACL when cleared is as strong as anyone elses. If he isn't ready for contact he shouldn't be on the field for contact drills, people can roll up on people even if unintentional. If the issue is taking someone to the ground in a non tackling drill then we need to add Carl Lawson throwing Joe Mixon to the ground by his neck to thread as well.

This is just click bate. After practice coaches will be annoyed players will say it's football. Everyone will move on.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 04:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: The NFL has driven themselves into this situation.

Can't hit their head.
Can't hit their legs.

There's nowhere to hit a person anymore without someone complaining about it. You can say torso, but guess what, you better not let your helmet slide up or it's a penalty. Not to mention the torso is the place that favors the offensive player the most in a tackle, leading to defenders getting trucked.

This isn't even me weighing in on Burfict one way or the other. It's just the NFL in general. If you don't want to have head-to-head collisions, fine. But then you can't complain when people dive for your legs, even less so as people get faster and stronger.

You are absolutely allowed to hit a player in the legs. Its the quarterback that you are not allowed to hit in the legs/knees. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You are absolutely allowed to hit a player in the legs. Its the quarterback that you are not allowed to hit in the legs/knees. 

And that is only while they are in the pocket, when they become a runner they are fair game as well.
Reply/Quote
I just watched a few games on You tube from the 90s and man did players beat the crap out of each other and the Quarterbacks. Nowadays you get kicked out of the league for that. I hate seeing injuries at the same time but they have to let them play a little bit. Hope Gio is ok.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 05:24 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Hope Gio is ok.

He is fine.
Reply/Quote
I'm just trying to figure out why the hell he would do that when it's his own teammate and it's a practice. All I can think of is when he lets his emotions go, he cannot turn them off.
Reply/Quote
I saw the video and think it was a non issue, in my opinion. Not sure why the coach felt the need to go in there and cause drama. Gio didnt even seem to care.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Was Gio wearing the Red "don't touch me" jersey?

I'm just joking about that, btw. Seriously, If the man is healed, and ready to go, he has to test the ability to take a hit. Can't have him being treated like he's made of glass. Besides, I'm guessing that there was probably an apology, behind closed doors, later.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote