Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Facing possible Suspension (No Satire)
(10-22-2017, 09:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yep, that was total BS and a filthy, if very spontaneous move.  However, that was what...3 or 4 seasons ago?  I'd bet my left nut if Brown did that every few weeks he'd be suspended.

Why would you think that? Mitchell does it alot and doesn't get suspended.

Want to be clear the refs did a good job today.

Except for maybe the Drek PI call. Will need to see another replay to see if the ball was even catch able.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Here's the video:

I wouldn’t really call that a kick, more of a push with his feet than an actual kick. Still stupid from a player that knows he’s under a microscope 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:59 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Ref was right there he didn't see anything wrong with it.

That means absolutely zero when it comes to the league office reviewing the situation.

Those calling for a fine don’t seem to understand where the league places Burfict as a repeat offender. They have fined him several times and suspended him several times. He is at the step where he gets a 1 year suspension next. If the league finds there was unnecessary roughness/unsportsmanlike conduct there, he’s gone until week 7 next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: That means absolutely zero when it comes to the league office reviewing the situation.

Those calling for a fine don’t seem to understand where the league places Burfict as a repeat offender. They have fined him several times and suspended him several times. He is at the step where he gets a 1 year suspension next. If the league finds there was unnecessary roughness/unsportsmanlike conduct there, he’s gone until week 7 next year.

I understand this. It is also a big reason why the game is complete shit. The NFL doesn't even trust their own refs ffs!

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: That means absolutely zero when it comes to the league office reviewing the situation.

Which is why the Bengals were stupid for extending him. The entire defense is built around a guy that's 1 stupid decision away from a 1 year ban.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which is why the Bengals were stupid for extending him. The entire defense is built around a guy that's 1 stupid decision away from a 1 year ban.

But, but, but it showed Burfict that Mikey believed in him Cry
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:06 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Why would you think that? Mitchell does it alot and doesn't get suspended.

Yeah, but life isn't fair.  I realized in my teen years that my ol' man didn't have the money/power/inclination to bail me out of the same situations my colleagues got themselves into on a regular basis so I had to play it safe. I had to pay for a headlight I damaged while gently pulling into a parking spot running an errand while people I knew immediately got new cars to total joyriding drunk. Life hain't fair!  

Burfict is either going to have to cut back on the bs or demand a trade to the Steelers.

BUT, it wasn't long ago all the Steeler fans around me were complaining about how Godell clearly had it in for James Harrison, so even playing for the darling Steelers might not save him.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:36 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You don't kick a guy like that no matter what. Especially with his history of suspension.

As fans we need to stop making excuses for his out of control play. I have serious doubts if we can ever win with him.

It wasn't a kick he pushed him off with his feet very different then kicking.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 09:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude....come on...

Come on what? 
J24

Reply/Quote
I love Burficts Fire and he's a great player but he put the bullseye on his back with the ridiculous dirty play s like twisting guys ankles. I think he just pushed him off with his legs. Not suspendable but dumb just the same.
Reply/Quote
Expecting the ban hammer on this one. Looks meh, but I think the media rolls with it. Already seeing articles on Yahoo about 'Troubled Bengals Star kicking player in the head"
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It wasn't a kick he pushed him off with his feet very different then kicking.

Yeah, but a guy with Burfict's resume just pushing a guy in the head with his feet is like a registered sex offender just going to the playground to just get some fresh air.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:48 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Expecting the ban hammer on this one. Looks meh, but I think the media rolls with it. Already seeing articles on Yahoo about 'Troubled Bengals Star kicking player in the head"

Yahoo is lit(b)eral scum.  They didn't post one article about the teams that never had one player kneel which to my knowledge is the Bengals and Texans. Yet they sure stoked and continue to blow wind on that fire. 

Just more proof that in the grand scheme of things the Bengals don't matter. 

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:57 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Yahoo is lit(b)eral scum.  They didn't post one article about the teams that never had one player kneel which to my knowledge is the Bengals and Texans. Yet they sure stoked and continue to blow wind on that fire. 

Welp, that'll kill this thread.
Reply/Quote
Later in the game, Burfict also hit him in the head and then raised his arms quickly pretending he didn't do anything. This guy is a douchebag. He's the guy you love to have on your team, but hate to play against. He cries about being a victim and targeted but continues to do these stupid things.

As others have said, fans need to stop defending these actions and making excuses. Life simply isn't fair. You should know that by now if you're a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, but a guy with Burfict's resume just pushing a guy in the head with his feet is like a registered sex offender just going to the playground to just get some fresh air.

Meh so guys are allowed to shove him to the ground after the play (which I don't have a problem with it's a physical rivalry shit happens) and he isnt allowed to defend himself?  
J24

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 10:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Which is why the Bengals were stupid for extending him. The entire defense is built around a guy that's 1 stupid decision away from a 1 year ban.

It was a total lose-lose for the Bengals and Burfict.  If they extended him, the cloud of suspension would loom over them.  If they let him go, the fan base would point to it as another example of the team letting it's best players walk and not doing everything to win.

The D played well the first three games without Burfict, so I at least have some confidence they won't totally implode without him.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2017, 11:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: It was a total lose-lose for the Bengals and Burfict.  If they extended him, the cloud of suspension would loom over them.  If they let him go, the fan base would point to it as another example of the team letting it's best players walk and not doing everything to win.

The D played well the first three games without Burfict, so I at least have some confidence they won't totally implode without him.

Yeah while he is a good player on the field...it's totally the reason he was undrafted. Fans act like we found some undrafted gem from some D2 school that worked his way into being a star.

Burfict was undrafted largely because he was uncontrollable on the field. That's followed him to the Pro's.

He makes a lot of good plays, but he's undisciplined and costs this team at times.
Reply/Quote
If this results in any sort of suspension, I'm done with the NFL. It's an intense rivalry between two team that hate each other. The dude goes after him and he kicks the dude away...That crap happens after every single play. Dudes push each other in the head and face especially in heated matches. There is no reason at all, for a fine or a suspension here.

Should the stuff happen? No. But, if you are going to do anything to him for this, then you need to start fining every single player who pushes a guys facemask up after a play or pile up concludes. Can't crucify one guy for something you let happen all the time.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Here's where he hit Nix in the face. I hope this works.

Reply/Quote