Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Facing possible Suspension (No Satire)
(10-23-2017, 05:57 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Per ESPN source he may face a fine but no suspension. Gotta say I am surprised but think this is rational punishment as it was more of a push than a kick like many are calling it. I do hope he gets a hefty fine though as he’s clearly an idiot.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21129283/cincinnati-bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict-not-suspended

It was a reaction after being shoved down unnecessarily. It was stupid but it wasn't really dangerous since it was more of a push with his foot than a forceful kick. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 07:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't think he can play smarter. He reminds me of Mike Tyson. As soon as he stepped in the ring, he smelled blood and started biting ears off. Burfict just seems to go into a different place when he steps on the field and the pushing and shoving starts. 

Good example. When you're a big bad bully and you can't bully like you want to, you resort to childish, unacceptable reactions. 

It's ingrained so much that it probably can't be changed. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 07:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Good example. When you're a big bad bully and you can't bully like you want to, you resort to childish, unacceptable reactions. 

It's ingrained so much that it probably can't be changed. 

This is the place where the team should suspend him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He's already been fined over a million dollars this year. It won't be long and he won't be able to afford to play anymore....
Reply/Quote
Burfict is a shining example of how Marvin does not have control of this team. They are sloppy, undisciplined, and apparently relaxed enough to yuk it up in the losing locker room - after a loss that basically ended their season.

Marvin has done a lot of good over the years for this team, and the city of Cincinnati. This franchise was barely a real NFL team when he got here. Seriously. Every aspect of the operation was a mess, and the league regarded the Bengals as so bad, they were diluting the NFL product, by basically being an automatic W, week in and week out. Even the facilities were run down to the point where tons of college programs had better weight rooms, locker rooms, etc.. Part of the changes that happened around then were due to pressure from the league on Mike Brown, but Marvin helped lead those changes, and turn the team around on the field. I don't think he deserves hate or disrespect. He had a good run here, but overstayed his welcome.

I think he should have been canned after the debacle playoff game against the Steelers. That was the no brainer time to do it, and probably a couple years beyond when he really should have been let go.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
It is strange that Burflict pointed at the guy. The one Bengals player blocks the view. I'm wondering if the Steeler grabbed ... something .... and Burflict just reacted. It's just a bit odd that Burflict would point like that. He knows he's under a microscope and I, for one, would not put it past the Steelers to do something to instigate that stuff.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Screw this, I'm with you Vontaze. Any other game, I would be pissed, but we owe Shitsburgh numerous injured players. I will not criticize the only guy on the team with the sac to go after them like they go after us.
Reply/Quote