Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict Facing possible Suspension (No Satire)
(10-23-2017, 01:22 AM)BMK Wrote:  Burfict is a stupid, selfish mental midget that has proven he has no self control or discipline. He could've been a great team leader, but by now, I'm sure some teammates are getting tired of his crap. 

For those saying he really didn't do anything wrong, you know damn well you'd be wetting your pants crying if Mitchell or anyone else did the exact same thing Burfict did.

I look at it this way. Burfict knows exactly what's at stake, yet he CHOOSES to pull this sh*t anyway. He could care less about the team, and for that reason, I'd dump his a**.

Sad thing is, if it wasn't for TV showing the dirty stuff, I wouldn't have know he was even on the field today.  The Steelers obviously didn't get the memo that they were supposed to be afraid of him.

The sad part is if he was on another team with a Head Coach who believes in accountability and discipline he would of probably already been mentally rehabilitated and doing excellent by now.  I've said it once, I've said it 1000 times, Marvin is like that old grandpa who loves all his grandsons and just sits on the porch sipping his lemonade saying they are all good kids regardless of anything they do. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:13 AM)740Bengal Wrote: The sad part is if he was on another team with a Head Coach who believes in accountability and discipline he would of probably already been mentally rehabilitated and doing excellent by now.  I've said it once, I've said it 1000 times, Marvin is like that old grandpa who loves all his grandsons and just sits on the porch sipping his lemonade saying they are all good kids regardless of anything they do. 

I don't think there is any changing Burfict which is why he was undrafted. Also, we gave him a hefty contract. I doubt there would be too many other teams who would have been interested in signing him.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:15 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't think there is any changing Burfict which is why he was undrafted. Also, we gave him a hefty contract. I doubt there would be too many other teams who would have been interested in signing him.

I don't know man, I don't think Marvin lewis could have a junior high team disciplined, this man is the lowest of the lows in terms of discipline and accountability, I'd be at least curious to see what a halfway competent football coach could do with him. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:18 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I don't know man, I don't think Marvin lewis could have a junior high team disciplined, this man is the lowest of the lows in terms of discipline and accountability, I'd be at least curious to see what a halfway competent football coach could do with him. 

The big picture though is that a coach that was big on discipline and accountability probably couldn't exist with the current Bengals Management. They need a passive coach.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:19 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The big picture though is that a coach that was big on discipline and accountability probably couldn't exist with the current Bengals Management. They need a passive coach.

Yes, Mike Brown is an absolute disgrace to his father.  I almost want a DNA test, I don't believe it!! 
Reply/Quote
Didn't so much look like a kick to me, as much as a push off with his feet.  Nix was shoving people around, and it was a "get off me" type of push off.  

That being said, he has to just not get involved in stuff like that until the dust settles around his scrutiny.  Absolutely not thinking big picture there.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:18 AM)740Bengal Wrote: I don't know man, I don't think Marvin lewis could have a junior high team disciplined, this man is the lowest of the lows in terms of discipline and accountability, I'd be at least curious to see what a halfway competent football coach could do with him. 

Agree.  Tyran Mathieu of Arizona comes to mind. He was more Burfict-like than Burfict was while at LSU (before getting kicked off the team) Luckily Honey Badger got in with a strong 'team first ' Cardinal  organization with strong coaches and got turned around. He's a great player (when healthy), a team leader, and by all accounts aggressive, but no longer dirty, which was his rep at LSU. Meanwhile back in Cincinatti, Burfict and Jones are still the same idiots they were in college. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:23 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Yes, Mike Brown is an absolute disgrace to his father.  I almost want a DNA test, I don't believe it!! 

What do you mean?? Have you ever seen nepotism actually work?? I work with a bunch of small companies and I assure you the most worthless guys are ALWAYS the owners kids..
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:11 PM)BMK Wrote: Agree.  Tyran Mathieu of Arizona comes to mind. He was more Burfict-like than Burfict was while at LSU (before getting kicked off the team) Luckily Honey Badger got in with a strong 'team first ' Cardinal  organization with strong coaches and got turned around. He's a great player (when healthy), a team leader, and by all accounts aggressive, but no longer dirty, which was his rep at LSU. Meanwhile back in Cincinatti, Burfict and Jones are still the same idiots they were in college. 

Can't argue with this, good point.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 12:11 PM)BMK Wrote: Agree.  Tyran Mathieu of Arizona comes to mind. He was more Burfict-like than Burfict was while at LSU (before getting kicked off the team) Luckily Honey Badger got in with a strong 'team first ' Cardinal  organization with strong coaches and got turned around. He's a great player (when healthy), a team leader, and by all accounts aggressive, but no longer dirty, which was his rep at LSU. Meanwhile back in Cincinatti, Burfict and Jones are still the same idiots they were in college. 

I hope like crazy that Bruce Arians is let go from Arizona after this season and we get him to replace Marvin 
Reply/Quote
Boy, you can tell that Bell is pushing hard to get Burfict suspended. He's trying his absolute best to make sure the NFL knows.

I'm not saying it's wrong at all though. He did that seconds into the game.. just ridiculous. I would think as an NFL player that you would HATE to keep missing time and losing money when you're healthy, just because you can't keep your head on straight. Dude was a huge reason we lost the playoff game in 2015, and still doesn't get it.
Reply/Quote

Well I think you can take on 1 or 2 guys with character issues and rehabilitate them. The Bengals have probably taken like a dozen over the years.

What are the odds these guys will all workout?

In 2012 we signed a guy who was sentenced to prison for 3 years. What was the upside of this?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82957573/article/bengals-rookie-brandon-joiner-sentenced-to-prison
Reply/Quote
He plays, he doesn't play. Who cares either way. It will always be deja vu. This is the one constant, that it will always end up the same.

I have lost the will to be upset by it.

Who really thought the Bengals would win yesterday? I never did, not for one second leading up to it or during it.

The 2015 playoff nightmare broke this franchise. And then the FO, AKA, The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight, went on to seal the deal. How far the franchise has fallen in two short years is mind numbing. And it has all been self inflicted.

This is a hopeless mess. The only question still unanswered is how far down the bottom will be.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Per ESPN source he may face a fine but no suspension. Gotta say I am surprised but think this is rational punishment as it was more of a push than a kick like many are calling it. I do hope he gets a hefty fine though as he’s clearly an idiot.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21129283/cincinnati-bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict-not-suspended
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 05:57 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Per ESPN source he may face a fine but no suspension. Gotta say I am surprised but think this is rational punishment as it was more of a push than a kick like many are calling it. I do hope he gets a hefty fine though as he’s clearly an idiot.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21129283/cincinnati-bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict-not-suspended

Agree....at least two games worth of pay to make it feel like a suspension.

Reply/Quote
Burfict needs to play smarter. He arguable got away with one here.

Teams (steelers) are going to play through the whistle to try and get a reaction out of him (like this time). I think the league mAde the right call here as it wasn't as egregious as its being made out to be. Had it been just a little harder, I think a suspension is imposed.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 06:19 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Burfict needs to play smarter.  He arguable got away with one here.  

Teams (steelers) are going to play through the whistle to try and get a reaction out of him (like this time). I think the league mAde the right call here as it wasn't as egregious as its being made out to be.  Had it been just a little harder, I think a suspension is imposed.

He's honestly beyond help. Doing borderline dirty stuff is ingrained in him on the football game at a fundamental level. It happened in high school. College. Now the Pros.

If being undrafted and initially missing out on millions of dollars didn't change him...nothing likely will.

He punched a guy in the crotch. Twisted guys legs. Stomped on a guy.

He allegedly spit on 2 Steelers before. http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/14554721/ramon-foster-says-two-cincinnati-bengals-players-spit-pittsburgh-steelers
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 06:19 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Burfict needs to play smarter.  He arguable got away with one here.  

Teams (steelers) are going to play through the whistle to try and get a reaction out of him (like this time). I think the league mAde the right call here as it wasn't as egregious as its being made out to be.  Had it been just a little harder, I think a suspension is imposed.

I don't think he can play smarter. He reminds me of Mike Tyson. As soon as he stepped in the ring, he smelled blood and started biting ears off. Burfict just seems to go into a different place when he steps on the field and the pushing and shoving starts. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 11:13 AM)740Bengal Wrote: The sad part is if he was on another team with a Head Coach who believes in accountability and discipline he would of probably already been mentally rehabilitated and doing excellent by now.  I've said it once, I've said it 1000 times, Marvin is like that old grandpa who loves all his grandsons and just sits on the porch sipping his lemonade saying they are all good kids regardless of anything they do. 

I used to try to convince myself that his love of the game would save him, that he would get his shit together so he wouldn't lose the thing he loves.  I've realized I was just lying to myself, a thing you have to do to keep riding on this train to nowhere.

He doesn't have it in himself to maintain control in the heat of battle.  And, as you say, he doesn't have a coach who can convince him or force him to change.  He's emblematic of the history of MB's regime.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2017, 07:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't think he can play smarter. He reminds me of Mike Tyson. As soon as he stepped in the ring, he smelled blood and started biting ears off. Burfict just seems to go into a different place when he steps on the field and the pushing and shoving starts. 

Good comparison.  He has that same gene that took Tyson down--the destroy himself gene.

Reply/Quote