Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Burfict Sighting
(10-03-2018, 10:09 PM)thillan Wrote: Ah, a true keyboard warrior. Takes a strong human being to insult strangers over the internet, what an inspiration you are!

Burfict looks fine to me, he’s always a big guy. I’ll take the players’ words for it for now.

He inspired me.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 05:53 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I’ve seen Tez play in high school.  He’s always been big boned.  He will be fine

Big boned is one thing.  Carrying a 16 pound bowling ball around in your stomach is another.  Try running around the house with a bowling ball and see if it doesn't slow you down.  Granted he's been through this before, but c'mon man, he gets paid to keep his A$$ in shape.  it's just not that hard to stay in shape at 27 years old.  I'm 52 and my body fat is less than his., I work a full time job and hit the gym after work.  It's just not that hard to stay in shape for crying out loud.
Reply/Quote
Does not look any different to me..... Says the pic is from today in the caption

https://www.bengals.com/news/defense-embraces-another-return-of-tez
Reply/Quote
It'll be great to have him back. I wonder how many games he'll miss next season though. It's not a question of if, but when.
Reply/Quote
yang Wrote:Oh sure, attack the messenger.  That makes his penalty costing us a playoff win okay! Yippee!

He was selfish that he violated the drug policy and missed the beginning of the season for the 3rd time in a row.  HIs teammates love that!

And he shows up 20lbs overweight and people excuse that as well.  We need to get what we can out of him and move on.  He costs us more than he is worth.

Agree 100 percent this guy will never change. How many chances is enough ?  People have short memories.  I understand why people want him to succeed because there's nothing worse than wasted talent and he makes us a better team when he's on the field which is not often due to suspensions and injuries.  In the long run tho he's not a guy you can rely on. Even if he has a questionable hit the refs and league will never give him the benefit of the doubt due to his past infractions. I hope he does well the defense needs him but I wound't be surprised if he lets us down again.    
Reply/Quote
Let’s get some sort of sample set from Burfict and than we will know if he needs subscription to weight watchers. Dolphins will be first objective data set we get and I am excited to see him on the field again. Even if he is a fat ass our defense cannot be worse with him right????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 05:37 PM)Wyche Wrote: Usually plays at 250-255.....comes into practice at 255-260.....folks say he's 20 pounds overweight and crucify him.  Now, I'm no Pythagorus, but how does that math work out? Hmm 

Agreed.  And as much as folks want to make it about his weight, it is really his conditioning that will matter.  Will he be able to contribute 35 snaps (about half) against Miami?  It is going to be hot and humid this week, especially when they practice, and it will also be that way during the game this weekend.

Stay hydrated, get your lungs up, and be ready.  

I really want to see him next to Preston Brown and Vigil on the other side on rushing downs.  
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 05:52 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yang is trolling. Tez doesn’t look that bad to me. Even at his best he always looked a little “chubby”. Like Preston Brown said, ‘it’s the way he is’. Tez  will be fine.

Brown is right.  Tez has that "soft" look to him...not a high-cut guy like Evans or even Vigil.  I remember thinking that when he was in college.  But his play on the field, when healthy, is that of the best linebacker I have ever seen in stripes.  I am just hoping and praying we get that guy for the back half of the season.  
Reply/Quote
Overheard between 'Taze and Brown.

"Preston, do these shorts make my butt look big?"

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He gets one more suspension, then please, trade his @$$ to Oakland Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 04:52 PM)brian5562 Wrote: He is about 20lbs overweight. He will drop that by his 3rd game back. Wish he came in ready to go but he will be fine.

He was a little heavy last year or year prior (can’t remember which) but he did fine first game. Glad to have him back. Missed him on the field.

Reply/Quote
He's had four games to watch what the refs are calling. He's always been a little chubby. And it's quite possible he's learned his lesson and cleaned up his personal life.

He is our defensive leader, and say what you want, but we're a better team defensively with him playing. And you guys hating on him have NO idea what's going to happen. So just STOP!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 10:09 PM)thillan Wrote: Ah, a true keyboard warrior. Takes a strong human being to insult strangers over the internet, what an inspiration you are!

Burfict looks fine to me, he’s always a big guy. I’ll take the players’ words for it for now.

Not to defend Faulk, but his post had absolutely nothing, "keyboard warrior," about it.

People are trolling and being over poisoning; I'm sick of that crap too.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 10:38 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: For someone who gets so much shit about "spearing" and dirty playing...

Burfict is going to be the most sound tackler on the field for us when he's there.

Guaranteed !!

Too much hate.

That's for sure.  When he hits opposing players they generally stop at that point.  Rarely do you see them fall forward for extra yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2018, 10:17 PM)bengals73 Wrote: Looks about the same to me..

[Image: Vontaze-Burfict.jpg]

Thats a better pic. He looks good.

Reply/Quote
OMG OMG OMG AJ looks .00001 grams fatter than last season !  Bench that fat slob! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 11:08 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Thats a better pic. He looks good.

That's actually an old pic.. Not sure when.
Reply/Quote
He's not 20 lbs overweight. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 12:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: He's not 20 lbs overweight. Mellow

He's 40 lbs. overweight ! He kicked a baby stroller over in the parking lot with the baby in it. He was smoking a cigarette and had a beer in his hand on the sideline, and under his jersey he had on a T-shirt that said I love the Steelers.

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2018, 12:29 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's 40 lbs. overweight ! He kicked a baby stroller over in the parking lot with the baby in it. He was smoking a cigarette and had a beer in his hand on the sideline, and under his jersey he had on a T-shirt that said I love the Steelers.

Ninja

I must not read well, I thought it said, Bad JuJu....
Reply/Quote