Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Burfict hit on Ben not so clean after all
(01-11-2016, 03:22 PM)GMDino Wrote: No.  But players don't always knee a player in the shoulder after the whistle blows.

But...Burfict.

Watch the actual video and not a closeup of one part.  The Steelers may have become the wussiest fanbase in football. 

It's still funny that the one hit in the game that knocked someone unconscious was totally cool.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Watch the actual video and not a closeup of one part.  The Steelers may have become the wussiest fanbase in football. 

It's still funny that the one hit in the game that knocked someone unconscious was totally cool.  

I gave Burfict the benefit of the doubt.  Seriously. Clean sack.  No problem with that.

But he had to take it one step further.

Like the ankle twists.  He just can't help himself it seems.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: I gave Burfict the benefit of the doubt.  Seriously. Clean sack.  No problem with that.

But he had to take it one step further.

Like the ankle twists.  He just can't help himself it seems.

Watch what he's doing on the tv version.  I can zoom in on anything and call it something else.  

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000620174/Ben-Roethlisberger-carted-to-locker-room-after-sack
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 03:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Watch what he's doing on the tv version.  I can zoom in on anything and call it something else.  

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000620174/Ben-Roethlisberger-carted-to-locker-room-after-sack

If its anyone else I might say I'd agree with you.  But Burfict certainly has a reputation for a little extra after the play.

There's no need to wrestle the ball from the QB after he's down.  If the ball was loose there was no need to "wrestle" it at all.

Burfict is a head case and so he gets no room for error.  

Clean sack.  Great effort.  Good play.

And then...Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:04 PM)GMDino Wrote: If its anyone else I might say I'd agree with you.  But Burfict certainly has a reputation for a little extra after the play.

There's no need to wrestle the ball from the QB after he's down.  If the ball was loose there was no need to "wrestle" it at all.

Burfict is a head case and so he gets no room for error.  

Clean sack.  Great effort.  Good play.

And then...Burfict.

Well then you could say that about any tackle he ever makes if you don't need him to actually do something dirty.  Vlad got sucked in by a slo mo close up.   I keep checking ESPN to make sure the Bengals didn't actually win after reading these posts.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well then you could say that about any tackle he ever makes if you don't need him to actually do something dirty.  Vlad got sucked in by a slo mo close up.   I keep checking ESPN to make sure the Bengals didn't actually win after reading these posts.

No.  You can see a guy pick up his leg and hit the QB's shoulder.  

Clean? Dirty?

Who knows....but with Burfict you have to side toward a deliberate action.
Reply/Quote
Here's what I mean about Burfict not getting the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/11/10744544/pacman-jones-vontaze-burfict-bengals-steelers-hit-penalties-risk-reward

Quote:It was a pretty textbook call. Burfict's hit was late and aimed at the head of a defenseless receiver. And it was dangerous: Brown has a concussion.

Burfict has a history of picking up personal fouls on dangerous hits. It extends all the way back to his days at Arizona State, where Burfict had 22 personal fouls, 16 in his last 26 games. He was benched at one point for picking up too many personal fouls, even though he was clearly ASU's top player.

It extended into his NFL career, when Burfict led the league in unnecessary roughness penalties, with six in his rookie season. He was fined $31,000 for dirty plays just three weeks into his career. He got caught twisting Cam Newton and Greg Olsen's ankles in his second year.

This year, he was second in the league in unnecessary roughness penalties and his problems perked up in the past month. In Week 14, Burfict delivered a late, low hit on Ben Roethlisberger and was fined $69,000. In Week 16, he was called for a late hit on the Broncos' first drive in overtime, pushing them 15 yards closer to the end zone and allowing them to hit a game-winning field goal.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Here's what I mean about Burfict not getting the benefit of the doubt.

http://www.sbnation.com/2016/1/11/10744544/pacman-jones-vontaze-burfict-bengals-steelers-hit-penalties-risk-reward

That's great, but when nothing happened that was even questionable, benefit of the doubt doesn't come into play.  

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: Here's what I mean about Burfict not getting the benefit of the doubt.

That's great, but when nothing happened that was even questionable, benefit of the doubt doesn't come into play. 

He doesn't get benefit of the doubt on the AB hit.  Maybe he couldn't avoid him, but with his history nobody cares.  The Ben hit is just nonsense based on a zoomed in slowed down video.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: That's great, but when nothing happened that was even questionable, benefit of the doubt doesn't come into play. 

He doesn't get benefit of the doubt on the AB hit.  Maybe he couldn't avoid him, but with his history nobody cares.  The Ben hit is just nonsense based on a zoomed in slowed down video.

Not the hit.  Not the sack.

The knee to the shoulder AFTER the sack.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:50 PM)Vlad Wrote: A knee shot to the shoulder.
What do you say Mr. Commish?

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/01/10/replay-shows-burficts-sack-of-roethlisberger-not-so-clean-after-all/

But of course Steeler players do the exact same thing.
You have no argument Bengal fans. Own this thug.

Because of this thug I'm more happier the bengals lost they way they did than if the game was a blowout.
And to think I was going to root for them had they won.

No argument.  Perect football play.  I own him.  Even though we lost, I'm more happier going forward with Burfict as the leader and centerpiece of the D.

Surprised to see Steelers fans whining about hard nosed football
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:24 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: No argument.  Perect football play.  I own him.  Even though we lost, I'm more happier going forward with Burfict as the leader and centerpiece of the D.

Surprised to see Steelers fans whining about hard nosed football

Steeelers fans where panties and have for years. They are like the girly bully who is 6'4" tall who beats up the 5' girl, but then when a 6' girl punches her in the mouth goes into the fetal position  Cool
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 04:57 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not the hit.  Not the sack.

There was no knee to the shoulder after the sack. You saw the play. Burfict took ben down, then scrambled up with the ball and ran to the end zone. There was no intentional kneeing, it all happened in the scramble. With all the other stuff in this game, that was one of the least egregious things to be trying to paint it as intentional. Ridiculous.
Reply/Quote

All of the bullshit commentary about Burfict and Pacman just needs to stop. If  you don't like the physicality of football, go watch soccer. Or grow the hell up. If you haven't played football, you don't understand the first thing about what happens AFTER TACKLES. Yes, slow down the hit on Tez and see what he does on that play. Great. Now go slow down half of the plays in NFL history and just take a peek...I played football for 14 years and in basically every game after high school, I was taking shoulders, knees, purposely stepped on, twisted, even people taking shots at your man parts. It happens in every league, everywhere. So either man up and watch football (A PHYSICAL GAME) or go watch soccer. They'll have you with the fake injuries.
Reply/Quote

I assume you watched it in real time.  He's getting up.  Look how fast it happens.  

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:40 PM)Beaker Wrote: There was no knee to the shoulder after the sack. You saw the play. Burfict took ben down, then scrambled up with the ball and ran to the end zone. There was no intentional kneeing, it all happened in the scramble. With all the other stuff in this game, that was one of the least egregious things to be trying to paint it as intentional. Ridiculous.

I said, repeatedly, I don't know if it was intentional or not.

But...Burfict has been known to put a little extra in after the tackle and whistle.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I assume you watched it in real time.  He's getting up.  Look how fast it happens.  

Yep and even at the time I thought it was clean.

But you never know with him.
Reply/Quote
Gee....I wonder why that vine is so choppy, has no context of the entire play, and is edited to hell and back. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 05:27 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Steeelers fans where panties and have for years. They are like the girly bully who is 6'4" tall who beats up the 5' girl, but then when a 6' girl punches her in the mouth goes into the fetal position  Cool

Or like the crap talking internet ***** who refuses to respond to a post owning him so bad he gets claimed on my taxes.  Seriously, you talking about anyone being a punk is the height of hilarity.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 09:17 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Or like the crap talking internet ***** who refuses to respond to a post owning him so bad he gets claimed on my taxes.  Seriously, you talking about anyone being a punk is the height of hilarity.

Well it's second....only to when you do it scrub.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote