Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict signs 3 year extension!
Great news!!
Reply/Quote
3 years worth up to 38 million
Reply/Quote
Great !

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 06:39 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Great news!!

Only the bengals would sign a suspended player to a 40 million extension, when even the common fan can foresee that he'll soon be banned from the league for a year+

They better have a nice out clause on the deal with basically zero guaranteed.
Reply/Quote
In Burfict we tru$t.

Long live the Super Destroyer!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well there it is! He's staying a Bengal! That is great!
Reply/Quote
Fire in the hole!
Reply/Quote
Glad it got done !!!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:16 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Fire in the hole!

That's what she said...  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Love it!!!
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I've been a huge Burfict fan and supporter, but I have a hard time justifying a long term commitment to player that has significant suspension time hanging over his head the next time he screws up. Not to mention his constant injuries to his head/neck/shoulders.
Reply/Quote
Love it!

Will be all time bengal great
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I've been a huge Burfict fan and supporter, but I have a hard time justifying a long term commitment to player that has significant suspension time hanging over his head the next time he screws up. Not to mention his constant injuries to his head/neck/shoulders.

When's the last game he missed with a head or neck injury? He's a top notch 4-3 LB. The difference in the overall play of the defense will be night and day between weeks 3 and 4. They had to keep him. Hell it's only a three year deal.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
For the first time ever that felt like Mike Brown just gave a middle finger to the NFL, which he should do a lot more often.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:26 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I've been a huge Burfict fan and supporter, but I have a hard time justifying a long term commitment to player that has significant suspension time hanging over his head the next time he screws up. Not to mention his constant injuries to his head/neck/shoulders.

Pretty sure that while he is suspended he isn't collecting a paycheck. That's why they always talk about how much money he loses while he is suspended. 

It's not really too much of a gamble for Cincinnati, he's a Pro-Bowl level LB who is targeted by the league because of where he plays. Had he left and signed with Seattle, or Green Bay, or pitt, or New England or any of the "chosen" franchises, he'd be a Pro-Bowl LB who "cleaned up" his act and no longer dealt with suspensions. So, the team keeps him here and anytime he is suspended he doesn't cost them money (Mike Brown loves that) and he doesn't count against the 53 man roster. 

You can't let a guy with this level of talent walk out the door, because as much as ESPN, CBS and every fan or every other team loves to bash on him...the moment he moves to a team they have a hard-on for, he'd be praised as the greatest LB in the modern era.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:38 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: For the first time ever that felt like Mike Brown just gave a middle finger to the NFL, which he should do a lot more often.

I hadn't really thought about that way, until you mentioned it.  But, now that I think about it, you might be exactly right.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:37 PM)jason Wrote: When's the last game he missed with a head or neck injury? He's a top notch 4-3 LB. The difference in the overall play of the defense will be night and day between weeks 3 and 4. They had to keep him. Hell it's only a three year deal.

It's not always missing a game, it's also having to leave a game early or spend half of it getting checked out for a concussion.

Also, its not about the money. It's about having a back-up on the field too much. Sure MB saves some money, but we have to watch Vinny Rey miss tackles and get run over by linemen. That's not how you win games.
Reply/Quote
That made my day!! Great news!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2017, 07:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I hadn't really thought about that way, until you mentioned it.  But, now that I think about it, you might be exactly right.

I think so because the NFL is clearly targeting Burfict and wants him out of the league, and Brown just signed on for more.  I also think with a pay raise this will give Burfict some financial relief after his suspension won't it? He'll miss three games but be making more when he gets back.
Reply/Quote
I think Tez is going to get it figured out. He changed considerably last year. I don't think he will allow the witch hunt to take football away from him because he loves it too much. He will adjust.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote